Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Thanks for the link to that public library thing. In the Austin City Limits show I didn't recognize quite a few songs - are those b-sides? I guess I'm a bit ignorant of what isn't on their full releases.

I've been a huge fan since buying The Bends at a Sam Goody (lol) in 1995. I listen to almost nothing but electronic music, but they always stuck with me, probably because they integrate electronic music so often (which is probably why I love Thom's Anima album so much). All their albums are really great in their own way, but I'd have to put Amnesiac and Kid A at the top.

p.s. in the video for daydreaming why is thom's t-shirt so huge? tyia for your thoughts

Filipino posted:

I know everyone hates ranking albums but how about choosing your favorite 10 Radiohead songs in no particular order? Would this be acceptable or just bad and dumb? I'd be really interested to see some posters lists.

street spirit
a wolf at the door
sit down stand up
videotape
pyramid song
knives out
separator
in limbo
lucky
burn the witch

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

That looks like some sort of 80s leisure outfit.

I just got "The Eraser" on vinyl. I haven't heard it before but I just assumed it would be good, and it is!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The track nude weirds me out and I always skip it

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I know have Anima, The Eraser and TMB on vinyl and I still can't believe how loving good Thom's solo stuff is. I think I actually like it more than radiohead in terms of consistent quality. I'm a huge electronic music person though so I'm sure I'm a bit biased :p

edit: can anyone tell me what the last track in this concert is? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7nbO8YRzts

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 7, 2020

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Pontificating rear end posted:

I remember not thinking too much of The Eraser when it came out, but it really is a lovely, cohesive album worthy of deserving of its own pen-name. Each track really stands on its own but carries the Eraser vibe. The album peaks going with 'Rained all Night' into "Harrowdown Hill", which Thom said was "the most angry song" he'd ever written, so that goes for something. It really lends to the album's clean, darkly-playful minimalist tone though.

Check out the video for Harrowdown Hill on vimeo if you haven't
https://vimeo.com/6421959

I love the first three tracks on the eraser especially, and cymbal rush is a really beautiful ending to the album. I did recently learn about the meaning behind harrowdown hill which was interesting.

Pitchfork kind of poo poo on the album which is why I realized pitchfork is garbage.

My one regret is despite loving radiohead, I somehow was not aware of the eraser until this year... 14 years later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I love TMB but much more side A than B. I could listen to side A forever. I find "the mother lode" to be really relaxing.

also really relaxing imo, "reverse running" on amok

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 2, 2020