Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

its.. soo. good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

The strings are a little over whelming on glass eyes. Every time it was getting a good vocal or piano build up all i could hear was the strings.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Jewmanji posted:

Arpeggi is basically a parody of a Radiohead song.

It lost alot of what made it great when it was recorded in the studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsYTXqVySy0

And my that i mean the last 1/5th of the song.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah I think the negative opinions about this new album are actually loving crazy.

Its going to be a grower for alot of people.

The complete lack of hooks makes the first listen pretty but also pretty unmemorable. \

Other then burn the witch. But that was first heard a week ago.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Yeah I was pretty blown away with it on the first go. But I can see why it wouldnt get there for alot of people right away.

On the 4th listen is when I noticed how much work the bass is doing in making the songs work. Probably the first time Ive thought they should cut johny abit more out of the mix and replace him with his brother. Mostly evident on daydreaming.

TheAbortionator fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 8, 2016

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Popcorn posted:

Jonny says he doesn't understand bands who complain about touring because it's great fun.

Didn't Radiohead make an entire documentary of complaining about touring?

I like doing lots of things, but if I was really good at one thing, and the people who paid me for doing that thing were like, "hey you have to do this tell it stops making us money or you go crazy" I probably wouldnt like doing that thing for a long while. Looking it up, touring OK Computer (and this was only after they started filming the doc) it was 104 dates long, and the amount of press they were doing was also way way way more then you would get from them now.

AARO posted:

Here's a cover of Radiohead's Airbag I recorded today.

This is good, I learned this song a while back but I can never sing the "the jack knife juggernaut" part in anyway way that isnt completely awful.

TheAbortionator fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

Skating on the Surface - sounds the most like a Radiohead track, probably because it was originally performed by Radiohead

I'm pretty sure it was originally a "Thom moaning over a piano" solo track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmhgbVnqnqo

Which I love.

I am not a fan of the new version. The "Dull eyes trying to pull you through the ice, Being drawn to the ledge" part lacks the same emotional gut punch that the original had (for me at least).

TheAbortionator fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 11, 2022