Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I think the eternal jutsu was quite clever in its execution - I wouldn't want to play that battle,especially for three hours, but simply watching it I thought it interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
izanami is a really cool jutsu because of its origins (it was made to stop the uchiha clan overuse of izanagi) but just like endless eight was bad in execution, having you repeat the loop instead of automating it after the first time makes it less cool than it was in the manga. (imo)

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen
:sigh: I liked Kabuto better when he was just Orochimaru's dorky intern. You try to make him a super badass and it just doesn't work and I don't know whether to laugh or groan that the ultimate finale of this game was beating up the ninja info cards guy.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Squarely Circle posted:

:sigh: I liked Kabuto better when he was just Orochimaru's dorky intern. You try to make him a super badass and it just doesn't work and I don't know whether to laugh or groan that the ultimate finale of this game was beating up the ninja info cards guy.

kishimoto kinda had the same feeling considering kabuto has to realize he thought too much of himself to escape the izanami loop.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

TwoPair posted:

The undead one that should be (re)dead but I'm assuming will be in the next game anyway.

Why, whatever would give you that impression?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

It's a shame all the post-game sidequests are being glossed over, a few of them were pretty great. Like the one where Naruto gives the Mizukage a tour of the village and she uses it as a pretext to try and get laid, or the one where Sakura and Ino drag you into an argument with Hinata and you actually get a Hero/Legend choice where the Legend choice is backing up Hinata :3:

TwoPair posted:

So wow I guess we'll never see Madara again, huh. :rolleyes:
God, I wish.

LordHippoman posted:

So, like, watching the last game, I felt like the story was goofy and bad, but it at least felt like a complete story, and the fighting game stuff looked pretty fun.

This one just wasn't a story at all. I know that's probably an issue that comes from dividing this show into like, four or five parts, but in this one absolutely nothing got resolved. Two big villains came out and had fights, and then they just said "well bye" and hosed off. You killed a bunch of guys who you had already killed in the last game, and they didn't really do anything interesting with the characters coming back except for them going "okay let's fight now".
Yeah, this game hurt itself by being made at a time where too much of the final arc had happened to ignore entirely, but at the same time there was still over a year of that poo poo left to go.

LordHippoman posted:

And the epilogue stuff in the last one was kinda goofy and charming, with the bird grabbing and the introduction of Killer Bee, but this was just "here's an exceptionally long and tedious boss fight against a smug nerd who's also a snake". I pity Chorps for having to do TEN TAKES of that poo poo.
Oh, it gets worse, the Kabuto boss fight wasn't even in the game at launch, they added it for the Full Burst version (and released it as DLC for the older version).

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: PODCAST TIME! :siren:

Youtube
MP3 Download

A little later than I would have liked due to some minor rebranding but it's already time to start prepping for a new season of anime (it starts this Saturday)! Jordan and I thought long and hard about what we were gonna watch, since we gave ourselves some hard limits for the same of our sanity and the show's runtime, and we think we've curated a pretty good list of shows to check out, to keep in our periphery, and to avoid and never look back. It looks to be a pretty alright season so far, but who knows! Either way, I love pre-season speculation.
Also if you don't follow us on Twitter, please look forward to our new merchandising line.

Once again, thanks to everyone who followed the LP and/or listens to my anime show, it's been a blast and I hope to see you all around again for the next game on the schedule.

U.T. Raptor posted:

It's a shame all the post-game sidequests are being glossed over, a few of them were pretty great. Like the one where Naruto gives the Mizukage a tour of the village and she uses it as a pretext to try and get laid, or the one where Sakura and Ino drag you into an argument with Hinata and you actually get a Hero/Legend choice where the Legend choice is backing up Hinata :3:

I would've liked to get a couple in but after recording that Kabuto fight I really couldn't muster the power, plus we were already hitting 45 minutes of Sasuke content and nothing would've made the rest of the crew happy. The Hero/Legend one with Hinata is really great though.

Squarely Circle posted:

Same, like he was still kinda menacing because he was making poisons and stuff but then he suddenly goes all pseudo-science and becomes a ninja genius with some wild body mods. I wish he was humbled a bit more in the last fight like he got a swirlie from Sasuke.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ChorpSaway posted:

Same, like he was still kinda menacing because he was making poisons and stuff but then he suddenly goes all pseudo-science and becomes a ninja genius with some wild body mods. I wish he was humbled a bit more in the last fight like he got a swirlie from Sasuke.

Instead of cutting off his horn, Itachi should have snatched his glasses off and then stepped on them. Forever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So, can one of you weird broken people who know way too much about Naruto clear one thing up for me?

Are the Uchiha's worse, better, or normal as far as forbidden jutsus go? Because it seems like they have a lot of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Forbidden Jutsu are honestly a weird part of Naruto, because it's not brought up very often and it's not particularly well explained ever. At least in Konoha they're Jutsu that the Hokage's have decided are too dangerous for one reason or another.

Technically speaking Shadow Clone Jutsu isn't a forbidden Jutsu, but Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu is. This is based on the fact that creating shadow clones can and will kill people who try and make more than their Chakra pool can support, but the normal version is unlikely to do that because it only makes like 3 of them. Naruto's version is very dangerous because instead of making 3 it makes 3000. The Impure World Reincarnation was declared forbidden by it's creator, the second Hokage, because he felt the cost was too high for what it did and he decided nobody should have the knowledge of it.

Technically speaking this means none of the Uchiha techniques are Forbidden, because the only people who know all of them are the Uchiha, and they're unlikely to name any of them forbidden. Chidori/Raikiri is forbidden though, because it gives you extreme tunnel vision and cannot be stopped, so if you start using it someone is going to die and unless you have a Sharingan you have no ability to aim it due to how it warps the users field of vision.

Mangyeko Sharingan in it's entirety might technically be forbidden though, because it slowly turns you blind unless you get an eye transplant from a close relative. Other than that it's all good I imagine, so long as they don't do things like what Danzo did where they actively undermine the Konoha government for personal gain.

• Locked thread