Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Chorps I fixed some stuff in your glossary.

ChorpSaway posted:

Byakugan
X-Ray vision but not the kind where you can see through ladies' clothes, it is the least bullshit of the eye powers and therefore the most useless.

Sharingan
A bullshit eye power that is originally supposed to just copy powers but eventually does whatever the plot needs it to.

Rinnegan
The most bullshit of the eye powers... you should just read chorps' description because i was going to make a joke but goddamn there's just too much poo poo the rinnegan can do

Bukijutsu

A catch-all term for any technique based around the use of weapons. pointless nonsense. Weapons in Naruto only exist to get owned by other techniques or eye powers so people can go "WHOOAAA" and react. Or, in analogy form, shurikens:Naruto::any attack Krillin throws:DBZ.

but no seriously I am super glad to see this LP because I loved the UNS2 LP and much like Lord_Magmar, I've read a lot of the plot on Wikipedia without actually watching the show because I guess I'm weird, and I want to see it play out.

Oh and jokes aside, your post does have an error Chorps.

quote:

Kazekage
The leader of the Hidden Sand Village. There have been five Kazekages in the history of the Hidden Sand Village, with Gaara acting as the fifth and current Hokage. Gaara’s father was the fourth Hokage.

unless Minato was teleporting all the way out to the desert to get some rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hunter Noventa posted:

Doesn't Tenten do that? I mean, she has some crazy moves involving giant scrolls that spit out weapons but that's about all she does, because development for a secondary female character? We can't have that!

Yeah ideally, but like I was joking about, she pretty much gets beaten on a consistent basis because when it comes down to weapons, even crazy ones, versus bullshit magic powers, bullshit magic powers win every time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I loving lost it at the pizza mascot joke. Also I'm shocked it took as long as it did for someone to make the obvious Tony Danzo pun.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Zetsu seems like the author saw the Joker in a Batman movie/cartoon/comic and thought "y'know, I like this guy's flair for the dramatic, but he really lacks the loving creep factor I'm looking for... Oh I know, I'll make him able to warp through floors and have him look like a totally naked burn victim, that'll work."

(No but FF's analysis of Zetsu as a guy who would whip his dick out in public is definitely the joke from the last update that made me laugh hardest)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The minute Sasuke said "Let me show you my darkness" with no irony at all, I did an actual spittake.

Then him Spider-Man-ing out on the ceiling... I can't decide if I hate this show or actually love it, holy poo poo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FutureFriend posted:

killer bee owns because he's like the only naruto character who isn't a loving horrid rear end in a top hat or the most boring person on earth

I was gonna say Kakashi seems alright but then I remember he reads smut in front of kids so I guess that's kind of horrid.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Since when have I joined you?" says Sasuke, after following Madara's orders for the whole goddamn game.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FutureFriend posted:

sasuke becomes the ninja school

would read this story

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
How do you even implant eyes into an arm? I'm willing to accept stealing eyes and implanting them into your own head because gently caress it whatever, mystic eye bullshit, but drat, an arm doesn't have the loving blood vessels or whatever to keep those eyes functioning.

I mean I know I should just accept it because this is Naruto and this is just the tip of the iceberg on bullshit eye powers but the eye-arm is probably the dumbest thing we've seen yet in this game of wizards ninjas flinging stupid spells jutsus at each other.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Schubalts posted:

It was just that Danzo was actively using Shisui's eye to force the meeting to go his way. He stepped in to stop THAT specifically.

"Stop the meeting! I noticed Danzo using a jutsu to influence the negotiations! I also noticed his arm is like 10 different kinds of hosed up, but that's not really important right now, we'll discuss that another time"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

fillertrack posted:

Its bullshit eye powers vs bullshit eye powers. Like children playing make believe and coming up with more absurd abilities to counter each other cuz they don't want to lose.

naruto.txt

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So during their entire fight standing on water, Sasuke never once thought to electrify the drat water?

Also I know why clone Naruto is there when Naruto makes a rasengan but calling him "Hype Naruto" never fails to make me laugh

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 27, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Suppressed or not it's pretty dumb that nobody connected the dots for years since Naruto is like a clone of his dad aside from clothing differences and Naruto's silly face-whiskers. God knows I'm not gonna wiki it or anything, but I think Naruto and his dad are like, the only people in the whole leaf village with blonde hair (if not only the number is certainly low)

VVV: okay that makes like, five or six? my point stands. Or maybe the fourth's death was a ruse from the ninja media to avoid an impending sex scandal with Ino's mom.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 27, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FutureFriend posted:

people roleplaying as anime characters, this thread is going places

Let me tell you about my fictive headmate Sasuke wait poo poo that was just a bunch of Linkin Park lyrics I had stuck in my head

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So I know the game heavily abridges the anime/manga but did Kabuto transforming into a snake-man ever really get mentioned in the last game at all? Because otherwise that Kabuto and Madara scene is just a super weird moment of "Oh hey guys look how hosed up I am" out of the blue.

Also I get that "immature little poo poo who is fiercely loyal to friends" is like the beginning and end of Naruto's character but his complete inability to call adults by their names instead of dumb nicknames is super annoying and really serves to make me dislike him.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 19, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

EasilyConfused posted:

That's what you find annoying about him? Really?

That's at the top of my list but I mean there's so many other reasons I figure they're the same as everyone else's so why repeat the obvious?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FractalSandwich posted:

I like that the seal on the Nine Tails is clearly labeled "seal" so you know what it is. Good to see people borrowing from the Adam West Batman school of visual storytelling.

Naruto's dad put it there specifically so his dumb son wouldn't touch it but whoopsie daisy :v:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So seriously if childbirth weakens the seal, and it's confirmed that they totally can seal the demon in a male host, why would they ever seal the demon in a lady?

Also Chorps' "umm" response to the question of if the whole video was a cutscene was hilarious.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Magmar posted:

I mentioned it earlier but the basic reason why they seal it in Kushina is she's the only Uzumaki young enough for them to safely do so. I can't recall right now but I'm pretty sure the Kyuubi's sheer Chakra mass is damaging to seal into adults whose Chakra networks have been solidified by puberty, and at the time it was thought only an Uzumaki could have the full power Kyuubi sealed inside and it'd have to be before puberty to ensure that the Chakra Network grew with the seal instead of being destroyed by the initial sealing.

Man, then the Uzumaki clan needs to start popping out some more kids until they get a boy. It's the responsible thing to do. Or make the girls nuns. Naruto has Catholics, right? :v:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Magmar posted:

Minaro studied Kushina's seal a lot.

:wiggle: heyooooooo

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh so I've been making dumb jokes about seals, but one thing I really do think is dumb(er) is Naruto telling the fox that he'll "do right by it" after re-sealing it. Like, why the gently caress would the fox care? The fox clearly only wants to kill everything and everyone starting with Naruto, I doubt utilizing his power wisely is suddenly going to make the fox chill like Killer Bee's octo-bison. That scene might as well have ended with Naruto going "GOT YOUR POWER BYE FOREVER".

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

White Coke posted:

a Ninja-Dan Brown plot device.

Angels and Nine-Tailed-Fox Demons

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Magmar posted:

Might Guy has a contract with the tortoises

I get that Naruto-land has all manner of bullshit creatures with weird powers but I can not imagine how in the world a tortoise summon would be useful. Especially to Might Guy, the guy whose whole gimmick is running fast.

e: gently caress I just realized typing this that they're ninja turtles I hate you so much Naruto author.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Turtle shields. God, it's like you didn't even watch FutureFriend's LP of Kindom Hearts.

As long as they also yell HAYLP while Guy lets them die, this is an acceptable answer.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ChorpSaway posted:

Madara is out to graverob Pain of his magic eyes and Konan is the only one who knows of his resting place.

So I guess immunity to decomposition is another bullshit eye power? Because I mean, that guy's been dead for a while, I'm no optometrist but I can't imagine they'd stay viable for transplant that long.

Also I guess another part the game cut is Konan coughing up the location, because otherwise that whole exchange went

"Tell me where the corpse is"
"No"
*fight*
"Well I'm going to loving kill you now"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't be shocked a bit. In fact I feel foolish for asking something like that when the character was in the proximity of a bullshit magic eye user.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So, folks who have watched/read Naruto, how many episodes/chapters did the shark-man spend hiding on Killer Bee's back? Because these games skip swaths of plot, and he fake-died back in UNS2, so I have to imagine that in "real" time, Shark Boy was biding his time shapeshifted into a sword on Killer Bee's back for like six loving months.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 7, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Squarely Circle posted:

Samurai dude sounds super proud of getting to design the ninja headbands and sit in on their meeting. It's nice to feel included :unsmith:

"I designed these headbands that say simply 'ninja'. And samurai will be teaming up with ninja!"

Well sounds like you hosed up your symbol then, Head Samurai Man. Or maybe he just hates being a samurai and wants to be a ninja too.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So the zombie jutsu brings the corpses back but it also gives them all their memories and personality traits too? Wouldn't that be inconvenient if like, any of these resurrected guys decided to get even remotely uppity? Like, even if it made them subservient, I remember Sonic Deidara being a real rebellious rear end in a top hat from the last game.

Squarely Circle posted:

I'm pretty sure Naruto's author got his knowledge of DNA, poison, genetics, organ transplants, etc. from watching Captain Planet.

I was gonna say that he went to the same school as Hideo Kojima. Just replace nanomachines with "eye magic".

Ah yes, the rare expansion-fetish-no-jutsu.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So wait isn't Zabuza's sword with that water guy who was hanging out with Sasuke? How does Zabuza have it? Or is that just a copy? It must be because, I mean, Zabuza sword cannot be beat! i'm not sorry for linking that

Chorps are you gonna go back and torture your co-commentators play that mission the game made you skip? I demand any possible Keebler elf fights.

ChorpSaway posted:

By the way, if I ever miss a character or term you want explained lemme know! I haven't been keeping up as well with that since I got one of those stupid job things so just say so if you want some cool ninja bullshit explained.

I demand an answer to my dumb question from earlier: I know the games heavily abridge the series, so exactly how long in the manga/anime was Kisame just loving pretending to be a sword on Killer Bee's back?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ChorpSaway posted:

Kisame pretended to be dead and a sword from the end of episode 207 to the beginning of episode 250. It's something like 35 chapters in the manga.

I was hoping for some crazy number like 100 episodes but that'll do. :allears:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ChorpSaway posted:

Kinkaku and Ginkaku
Also known as the Gold and Silver Brothers. At one point they were devoured by the Nine Tails, but forced the Nine Tails to regurgitate them out by eating him from the inside out. This eventually led them to gain huge chakra reserves, similar to Naruto. They use this newfound power to steal world treasures and assassinate several world leaders and were regarded as powerful but despicable criminals. Now they've been revived, and they're right back to causing havoc.

Wait, I thought the Nine Tails was basically a being made of pure chakra that just happened to look like a fox? So how does one eat it from the inside out? It's not like they could start gnawing on its organs... or is my understanding of the Fox demon flawed and he really is just a giant fox?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So Choji's whole clan takes an oath every generation to protect Shikamaru and Ino's clans and all their kids get stuck on a team together? But like, what if a generation of kids comes along that hates each other's guts? Just stick 'em on a team then and make them swear their life oath. hosed up.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I am pleased to see the return of RAP SYMBOLS to this LP.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Has there been a video on Naruto's Nine Tail Form or whatever the hell it's offically called? Just watching the footage it looks like he's kind overpowered.

Yeah every time he hits someone in a video it's like 3 times louder than anyone else's hits.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wait so how do Itachi and Nagato have their bullshit eye powers when it's explicitly stated that Sasuke and Madara took their bullshit eyes? Is the reanimation just able to copy powers like that? Why not give that power to all the corpse army if you can duplicate the power without needing the actual eye? gently caress, why not give all your zombies bullshit eye powers, seems like it'd help the war effort. God it really is like the author just decided "gently caress it, let's do a boss rush, does [insert plot hole] make sense? FORGET IT WHO'LL NOTICE?"

Also is Itachi just straight up immortal now? Like they said earlier that the only thing stopping the zombie ninja from just resurrecting again immediately after an asswhuppin was those convenient mummy burrito seals all the good guys have. So assuming no one seals him, he just lives forever now, right?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fabulousvillain posted:

Let's play Naruto UNS3 starring Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, and Croooooowww!

If you're wondering how they use bullshit eyes, or other magic facts, Just repeat to yourself "it's just an anime, I should really just relax."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
As the plot gets dumber I have so many questions:

• So why does the (dead) Raikage demand someone with wind-style to fight him? Are ninjas just loving pokemon with type weaknesses? Why would a wind-type be any more effective than a really strong [any other element] type ninja?
  • So why does Kabuto need to possess the Mummy the Tsuchikage to resurrect Madara? Hasn't he been resurrecting all these fuckin' zombies from miles and miles away and then he's able to talk to them in their heads? Did he just feel like a face to face conversation?
  • How does Madara instantly know about Madara's Tobi's plan?

• Why does Naruto give a poo poo about his chakra level if he's a clone?
  • Furthermore, if he's a clone, how does he have a finite chakra level? I thought all the clones shared from the same pool but Naruto-Prime is still super saiyan on loving fire.

Gologle posted:

That being said, this is Naruto, not loving The Bucket List.

I can't wait for the live-action Hollywood adaptation of Naruto where Ohnoki is played by Jack Nicholson.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
No, I did actually want answers, thanks. However, going back a bit...

White Coke posted:

Not exactly. Unless the person who summoned him releases the spell his soul is going to stick around in that body, unless some other method is used to steal his soul.

So wait why doesn't Kabuto just release the spell on Itachi immediately? I mean, I've never been an evil ninja chessmaster (that I can recall) so maybe I don't understand his ways, but it seems to me like the minute your super powerful zombie ninja goes rogue is the minute to cancel the zombie spell.

(Also setting aside all these dumb Naruto questions I just wanted to say great job with the LP guys. I had to pause the video to give myself time to stop laughing at the fetish jutsu jokes)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I would forgive literally every problem with Naruto if Naruto flung himself out a window after getting his super mode.

"Have I become... invincible???" is still one of the funniest loving things I've ever seen in any game.

• Locked thread