Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think it would've been pretty great if there had been a weapons user ninja who was just really awesome by virtue of being mundane and not needing to make, like, 50 hand signals to spit out a giant fire elephant or something every time they wanted to attack someone.

Doesn't Tenten do that? I mean, she has some crazy moves involving giant scrolls that spit out weapons but that's about all she does, because development for a secondary female character? We can't have that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

I remember hearing that the author's editor basically forced him to add a brooding loner type to be the Vegeta to Naruto's Goku, but the author hated Sasuke so much he wrote him as increasingly horrible in the hopes fans would start hating him as well and he could just kill him off or just write him out. Is there any truth to that?

If there is, he obviously didn't hear about how in a similar fashion, Rei Ayanami was created to be creepy as gently caress and that Anno was kind of disgusted by how the fandom latched onto her.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

U.T. Raptor posted:

Izanagi is probably one of the most bullshit Sharignan things in this series, and that is saying a lot.

Also, the fact that you can just shoot yourself up with a dead man's blood and gain his powers, but none of his actual blood relatives have them because :shrug: (not much of a "bloodline" if it's not heritable, really), is also hilarious. Like, would it really have killed Kishimoto to give Wood Style to Tsunade?

Given his overall treatment of female characters, it might very well have done just that.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ulvirich posted:

In case you don't want to watch the uncut version, let me give y'all a synopsis: :lol:

Edit: Why does Killer Bee's headband symbol look like the Starship Enterprise in profile?

It's supposed to be clouds, he's from the Village Hidden in the Clouds.

• Locked thread