Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

welcome to the naruto lp as u can see i made my own banner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

all of my shitposting aside, i genuinely enjoy talking over naruto so i too was looking forward to chorps doing this lp

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

the plot so far is that this tiny man trained for 12 years to be able to become a world leader

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

it sounds like the name of a italian pizza chef

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

sasuke is the kinda guy who in college shits on the floor but gets away with it because his parents donated an entire wing

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

It never comes up but since we're talking about Zabuza's sword, it absorbs the iron from the blood of the people it kills in order to reassemble itself in case it breaks.

-made by demonblood666, age 12

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

id be the ultimate ninja because i know the arts of krav maga which is known as the most badass of marts*
*martial arts

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This part of Naruto is great because it's just everyone telling Naruto that Sasuke needs to die and him not getting it. Sakura runs off to murder him herself, Sai tells Naruto that all his friends have decided to kill him, Gaara shows up and tells him all the ninja lands are going to murder the poo poo out of him and then Kakashi locks him in a box so he can also go try and murder Sasuke. And Naruto still thinks he's the greatest guy ever.

And it gets even better because it comes right after a moment (which I don't think is covered in the game) where Naruto literally faints rather than accept Sasuke might possibly be a bad person, when some dudes get real mad at him for defending Sasuke after he killed one of their friends. It's hilarious.

as u can prolly see from future updates, i entirely disagree because its the most exhausting thing for the plot to treat sasuke as redeemable while he's screaming and making GBS threads himself about wiping out an entire village.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

killer bee owns because he's like the only naruto character who isn't a loving horrid rear end in a top hat or the most boring person on earth

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

howd u find footage of us prepping for the lp?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Skaw posted:

Because friendship conquers all. It was one of the big thematic points in anime and manga from the turn of the 2000s when Naruto, and others like Bleach and One Piece started up.

this philosophy kinda makes sense in the early parts of that poo poo where all those animes are still saturday morning cartoons in which naruto/luffy/whoever the third guy was had to fight a clown, but from what friends have been telling me a lot of those animes just tended to go super dark after like 6 years?

basicly the point im trying to make here is that scooby doo is the best anime i ever seen

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

sasuke becomes the ninja school

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

These mythological allusions are getting more and more strained as time goes on. I can't wait to see Konohanasakuyahime, which probably makes fire rain from the sky or something, considering how much everything else has had to do with what it's named after.

the rest of the game takes place inside of a tanuki's balls

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, and that's another thing that doesn't really make any sense. Is that just because of the Nine Tails? You'd think being a Hokage's son would kinda make people put up with you more.

naruto's dad is p much regarded as the richard nixon of ninja presidents including being called Tricky Dick

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

people roleplaying as anime characters, this thread is going places

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

Can you point to any good articles or podcasts or whatever about all the poo poo wrong with the idol industry, FutureFriend? I already knew it's a bad scene, of course, but I'm interested in knowing more specifics.

unfortunately its been a while since i read a ton of stuff about it so i only got this one article about the relation between a ton of those industries and the yakuza that i'm not 100 percent sure on it being accurate, though: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/06/the-yakuza-are-running-japan-s-hollywood.html

big problem with a ton of articles about hosed up practices in japan is that a ton of them have kind of a undercurrent of "lol that wacky japan" that's always real lovely.

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 28, 2016

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Naruto has Catholics, right? :v:

originally the phrase "believe it" was gonna be "believe in god, for he is great" but the liberal media once again kept the big g down

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

what if every naruto clone is just the soul of every headband wearing middle schooler who died doing the naruto run

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Shoeless posted:

Is it just me or is Kushina kind of a little terrible? Like, how is getting some baby stuff before the baby is born being "really hasty"? I mean where I come from, we call that normal preparations for having a child. I'm guessing this is just a quirk of the original text/language, but... I mean come on, stop teasing your husband for actually trying to be a good father. Also:

"I don't care what the reason was, as long as Naruto's happy."
"Minato, what are you going on about..."

I mean... what? Just, what? What exactly is so odd about a father wanting his son to be happy? Kunshina please, I get that they're going for you playing the archetype of "woman who isn't the normal stereotype of super motherly" here, but that's a bit much. I refuse to believe you cannot comprehend your husband wanting his child to be happy. Maybe she's taking something really, really strong for the morning sickness? In... in her third trimester?

What even is this bullshit long-rear end "final words" she's giving to Naruto? I can understand like, they want to shwo she's very down to earth so she has practical things to say, but, jesus. She just goes on and on and on. "I love you Naruto, always know your mom and dd love you so much" would probably be more appropriate! Naruto has good writing for its female characters, is what I'm saying.

I also feel like given the speed the ninjas have been shown to travel, the rest of the Hidden Leaf's army would have arrived before Minato used his Don't Fear The Reaper seal. Like, they were doing a good job at driving it back before, I'm sure they could have temporarily held it at bay/kept it trapped for a few days until Kushina got her strength back and could seal it. I get why that doesn't happen, because then we wouldn't have Naruto, but... it feels a bit contrived how they're having these long conversations, discussing how they're going to seal it, whether one of them will die, etc, and meanwhile no one shows up in time to help.

I think Naruto might have been somewhat better, or at least had a more interesting setting, if it actually had Minato as the main character, and took place during Ninja War 3. You'd have him, Juraiya, the 3rd Hokage, all the others. You'd have the gravitas of really big things happening from the start since they're at war, rather than having the original run of Naruto where things are pretty low-stakes, but I think that might work better that way. Really have Minato be a full character, have him worry about his son, show his motivations for wanting to end the ninja war as wanting peace not only for everyone, but so that his family can grow and thrive, his son can grow and thrive, in a world without war. You could actually show the Uchiha clan being looked down on as sort of second class citizens even though that makes no sense because they're quite powerful but whatever, show how Minato and the others think about that. Are some of them ok with how they're being treated and agree, do some of them think it's bad and want to help? I don't know, am I crazy for thinking this sounds like it would be really interesting to have been done?

Well now that I got that out of my system... what exactly happened with that Reaper Death Seal thing? Minato permanently destroyed/removed half of the fox's chakra, right? And then sealed the rest into Naruto? So everything we've seen Naruto do with it, and his potential, is half of what it could do? Does Madara know about this? Will the Fox being only half as strong possibly be enough to make him unable to enact his moon hypno ray plan?

And I can't be the only one who feels bad for Kyuubi, can I? Here he is, finally free, and now this rear end in a top hat wants to seal him away again. Inside a freaking baby. Years of time trapped without even anyone to talk to, to do anything. I can't blame it for killing Naruto's parents and trying to kill Naruto, I wouldn't want to be kept prisoner either much less kept prisoner in a freaking child. #Kyuubi_did_nothing_wrong

this post is my ninja way

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

like hot drat tho, i know this thread isnt about just "lol anime" about naruto but uhmmm maybe don't take it seriously enough to write posts like that

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

i just wanna say that if i sounded extra pissed this recording its because i was roused to do naruto in the middle of playing witcher 2, a actual decently written game that shares naruto's utter disregard to let women do something cool

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I personally thought it was mostly a gag, honestly. Since these later episodes are just a contest of 'who wants to be here less' between you and Hobotron.

Sadly, those chains are very thick and neither of you can reach the hacksaw.

just like in the witcher 2 when geralt and roche are forced into a unlikely partnership by being transformed into an entire prison chain gang

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

FutureFriend is the tsundere of the Otaku Trash Machine.

dont describe me with such awful words

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

my sword is cooler, it gets more powerful the more it tastes my piss. i call it Good Boy

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

the problem ive noticed with this game is that non-main character arcs just kinda tend to get started and then get resolved in the same 20-30 minutes, is this like a huge thing in the anime and or manga too or is it mostly due to how the game has to pick up a 300 chapter piece and turn it into 15 hours of cutscenes?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Gologle posted:

Ya know, looking back on it, at first I was like, "that pick-me-up line by flying midget man doesn't make any sense" but after thinking about it at work (because this video was the last thing I watched before I went in) it's actually pretty nice, if a little un-Naruto. If I'm right, it implies that old guy, almost assuredly close to death at his age, has fallen into a rut because of his life experiences starting to catch up with him in his old age and feeling that maybe he's fallen behind the times and searching that one thing that can "pick him up" out of his old man depression and give him a reason to keep fighting.

That being said, this is Naruto, not loving The Bucket List.

and then this old tiny rear end loving man near death gets hit with two rocks and just loving survives, he owns

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

dudermcbrohan posted:

There's a restriction on the sharingan in that if you're not an uchiha/it's not yours it costs way more chakra to use. also the fact that using it literally makes you go blind.

this poo poo is like a loving dnd racial bonus, you're either uchiha or your eyes are garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Gologle posted:

Yo please do Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 soon bro. I can't wait for the reactions.

we're doing some other shorter poo poo soon because yeah after like loving 6+ months of naruto we need a loving break

• Locked thread