Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

[Thanks to my good friend AbstractCactus for the banner image!]

mateo360 posted:

Yay, I've been waiting for this.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

Agreed, Tenten should have been really cool, especially considering the team she's on. Unfortunately, she's a non-healing women in Naruto, so she's worthless.

Also: I agree with everyone else saying they were really looking forward to this. The last Naruto LP gave me some of the hardest laughs I've ever had in my life, and the first episode of this lp is a great start.

Yeah, this group has a great dynamic and is also the only place I know that does jokes like '[X]thing but not really' and then goes off on its own tangents from there besides TheStrawHatNo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Killer Darui.

God, just call him Dee and let people make the joek

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Sasuke's Stand is named Fighting Dreamers.

I would've thought it was LIFE IS PAIN!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, if we're just gonna seriously ask anime questions ITT I guess I've got a few.

Suigetsu is using Zabuza's sword right? Why/how did the handle get broken?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, Zabuza's sword can't be beat, but that doesn't apply to the handle.

:confused:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

The Handle isn't actually broken. It's detachable for easier carrying.

Oh. That's kinda reasonable then.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gologle posted:

No its not because the blade itself is still loving huge.

Naruto is an anime

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Really the fact that no one has shown up with weapons that weigh as much as a tank is the real shock.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

About that, the Toad Boss has a sword. The Toad Boss is also as large as the full size Kyuubi, who can cause earth-quakes by walking and tsunamis by swinging a tail through water. The Toad Boss' sword is to scale, which means it's bigger than most buildings in setting. Tsunade can and will use this sword.

http://i.imgur.com/IlvZq9f.webm

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder how many times people demanded his parents put down that awful feral sharkboy when he was growing up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

As far as I can tell the less people care about the Uchiha bullshit the better they are as characters, which means all the Uchiha except Itachi who actually doesn't care are the worst and the people who actively ignore it are great. This is why Killer Bee is the best character because he actively ignores everything that isn't his brother, his rapping or his Tailed Beast.

Which, is pretty amazing, considering Sasuke tried to assassinate his brother and all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Not very many, most likely. He grew up in the Old Hidden Mist. There, nothing mattered except how well you could kill everybody else. Literally. Their ninja school had you kill your classmates in order to graduate.

Dangan Ronpa?!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Since no one else has done it, let's see how Killer Bee holds all those swords

Not a single one held in a hand.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Everyone started this anime off as ninjas of 12 years old right? I don't get why they're making such a big deal about potentially killing someone who's gone all Carnage on everyone.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Skaw posted:

Because friendship conquers all. It was one of the big thematic points in anime and manga from the turn of the 2000s when Naruto, and others like Bleach and One Piece started up.

Who was a friend and went evil in Bleach and One Piece though?

Skaw posted:

Also what Kakashi was going on about at the end there and the flashback was how(spoilers just incase) the Third Hokage(Hiruzen) never went after his student, Orochimaru. Even after he basically became Ninja Mengele and got caught by Hiruzen performing experiments on children and other ninja, dead and living. One being Yamato. Specifically he now has a feeling as to what Hiruzen went through mentally as Kakashi himself is facing down his own student, Sasuke.

I don't remember any of this at all so I guess I wasn't paying any attention to the anime.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

I know, right? It seems so obvious that this story arc ends with Sasuke dying. All the signs seem to be pointing to it. The story seems to be going out of its way to show that no, he's not a tragic villain. He's just a villain. He's going to die, and you're not supposed to feel bad about it.

I don't know what's going to happen instead, but I do know it'll be disappointing.

Sasuke becomes the newest Sannin and Hokage.

Also he marries every girl from ninja school. Including Naruto.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm just biding my time waiting until we can play as the best characters, Might Guy and Killer Bee, more.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fillertrack posted:

Hell Tsunades in a fuckin coma just to make way for Danzo. Couldn't just ya know make them both go to the summit together. Make it look like they want Tsunade as the head honcho and reveal he's been manipulating her and Mifune the whole time.

I think Tsunade's in a coma because of the time Pain nearly killed everyone though right? So that at least makes some sense.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

I think Tsunade didn't actually die to Pein, unlike almost everyone else, so whilst Pein brings back everyone else in near perfect health she keeps her injuries. Might be wrong though.

Yeah, all I'm asking is if she ended up in a coma because of back when she was fighting in that assault on the leaf village.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The commentary in these games has just been knocking it out of the park. I'm so sad that the updates can't come faster.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't get over how being friends with Naruto is basically having a bloodpact signed. No matter what you do, you can't escape it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Skaw posted:

Well the kid grew up having no friends. So of course he's going to be ultra possessive when he actually makes one. Or thinks he makes one.

Considering how this pretty much happens with everyone he fought- Gaara, Kiba, Neji, Nagato- my point still stands that being his friend is like being connected to the dark one. There is no 'Backing out' on our agreement. We're friends for life now Sasuke. Even if you die and get brought back to life.

U.T. Raptor posted:

Yeah, he grew up with the entire village making GBS threads on him (the series really doesn't convey this very well, so it ends up more an informed quality than anything), so making a friend... of sorts, was a huge deal for him.

Yeah, and that's another thing that doesn't really make any sense. Is that just because of the Nine Tails? You'd think being a Hokage's son would kinda make people put up with you more.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

Ino and her family have blonde hair, too

Naruto's the only one in the village who's a 1 to 1 match for that spiky hairstyle though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

Well gosh, thanks! Always glad to hear we're doing something right.
Unfortunately though, we'll likely have to take this week off from updating, since Easter got in the way of recording with the next guest.
But today, let's remember that Minato died for our sins.

Don't worry about getting negative when Sasuke shows up. Dude's eating up a dozen buffets worth of screen time that could go to better characters like Might Guy. Or less lovely but not interesting ones like Ino. Or hell, we could be using that time to watch people cook because anytime Sasuke is on screen people should be asking 'What could be happening instead of Sasuke getting more screen time?'

gently caress Sasuke, LP's good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jesus Christ, B just sauntering in after his clone poofed into an octopus tentacle is some funny poo poo.

Also, I'm really digging these pictures you keep adding into the videos. Like pizzaman Danzo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

Thanks! I feel like I'm easily the least funny of the crew so I like to think that my Editing Garbage helps to make up for that.

Well, you kinda have to be the straight man and talk about the game and hit on women so you can't really make as many jokes when you're going over what's happening this level of Ultimate Katamari Ninja Storm Damacy. When you're done explaining things you get to contribute. Honestly, I have no problems with anyone's commentary in these episodes, I think it's all good but everyone gets gold moments at different times.

Also I thought about this and forgot to say it but the 'confronting your inner darkness' bit in the last episode was done way better back when Final Fantasy 4 did it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm sure this is just what happens when you try to think about Naruto but I can't remember that verbal tic ever being a thing before now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

You know that "Believe it!" thing that Naruto still occasionally does but has mostly stopped since somewhere around the Chunin Exams? That was a translation of a verbal tic, "dattebayo", which Naruto used to sound unique and cool. This was later changed because "ya know" is a more reasonable tic than saying "believe it" all the time and also plays into his mom's tic which she uses when she's excited or angry. But yeah they just kinda dropped the thing entirely until they realized there was gonna be relevance to it at which point they threw it back in, ya know.

'Just you wait, someday I'm gonna be Hokage! YA KNOW!'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gologle posted:

I thought this was The Dark Id thread. At least there's more cool poo poo happening here.

I was tempted to post complaining about that in the thread while it was still relatively new.

"Great, now how am I supposed to tell this apart from the Naruto thread? THANKS OBAMA!"

Anyway, yeah, this LP is excellent.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I like how we decided to not take B's help only to instead rely on our mom to help us beat down this giant demon fox instead.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm shocked how you consistently manage to produce funny episodes out of what I'd expect to be the most nothing prompts.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's amazing how badly this is all done. Normally someone bombing a baby would be some really hosed up poo poo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

I mentioned it earlier but the basic reason why they seal it in Kushina is she's the only Uzumaki young enough for them to safely do so. I can't recall right now but I'm pretty sure the Kyuubi's sheer Chakra mass is damaging to seal into adults whose Chakra networks have been solidified by puberty, and at the time it was thought only an Uzumaki could have the full power Kyuubi sealed inside and it'd have to be before puberty to ensure that the Chakra Network grew with the seal instead of being destroyed by the initial sealing.

Also normally you don't have someone with the loving Sharinhax targeting the mother, as the only reason the Kyuubi actually breaks out is because it's told to do so by Tobi. Otherwise this entire situation was potentially dangerous but ultimately harmless, it's Tobi that turns it into a complete poo poo-show. Childbirth doesn't weaken the seal any-more than any other extremely strenuous activity, in fact considering how weak Naruto manages to make his seal through various actions it's probably less dangerous than actually relying on the Kyuubi in combat the way Naruto does. Sealing the tailed-beasts in general is a bit iffy, Killer Bee is like the 10th guy they tried to seal the 8-tails in and the last 9 died from it. As I recall Killer Bee actually fought the 8-tails before it was sealed and they came to an agreement that way. Gaara has a bad seal and the previous host inside him and is a homicidal nut-case.

Wow, no wonder Gaara sees so much of himself in Sasuke.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

originally the phrase "believe it" was gonna be "believe in god, for he is great" but the liberal media once again kept the big g down

I'm gonna miss you when the LP is over. Considering how this part is just a near hour-long cutscene, I feel like almost it's crueler to execute you after the LP is finished.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

We can't execute him until AT LEAST after UNS4 which will happen sometime next year.

Wait, you're the police that arrested him too? Man, the LP conspiracy goes deeper than I thought.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I would think he'd just go 'oh okay' and make sure to only let his clones be the ones to throw the things from now on, but sure, a radiation shield protective layer of chakra clingwrap makes about as much sense too I guess.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I get that Naruto-land has all manner of bullshit creatures with weird powers but I can not imagine how in the world a tortoise summon would be useful. Especially to Might Guy, the guy whose whole gimmick is running fast.

Turtle shields. God, it's like you didn't even watch FutureFriend's LP of Kindom Hearts.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HGH posted:

It's ninja tortoise. Totally different.
I think Guy actually uses him all of one time in a pretty creative way. Mostly as a midair launch pad.

NOH. No. No, please. Please. Don't start bringing Mario into Naruto.

Also you guys were absolutely right about it taking loving forever for them to actually die. It's like that one girl in the movie theater from whatever Scary Movie that was from.

edit:

ChorpSaway posted:

I would summon pigeons that were also my boyfriends.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maybe Kishimoto thought that, if he wrote in enough bullshit eye powers, one of them would magically make Naruto the best anime/manga ever.

• Locked thread