Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

So, I started a new game which isn't really a CYOA in any way, but I don't know where else to announce it. It's an experimental sci-fi government sim.

I know there have been vaguely similar games in this sub-forum before, so does anyone here know where I can find players interested in this sort of thing?

Throw up an interest check post on the discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

It's here!

The desperate dregs of future society battle mutants and robots in the ruins of humanity's cities for a chance at redemption, and it's televised! Jump in and hit a giant robot with a construction crane! A multiplayer CYO/boardgame/co-optional thing.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Gravedigger’s Adventure CYOA

A black-comic romp through a fantasy world as a somewhat villainous gravedigger and his patron Master. Heavily inspired by Darkest Dungeon in visuals and mood and Young Frankenstein in tone.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
I'm GMing an original CYOA game over on reddit called Yeti Quest. I would have preferred to have done it here, but it was originally just supposed to be for some irl friends who I had no hope of convincing to pay 10bux. Engagement hasn't been quite what I've been hoping though, so I've come to cast a wider net and invite you all over!

The format is "single protagonist, all voting players represent their collective subconscious and guide their choices and beliefs." It's working a little bit different without the continuous forums format, but I'm trying to figure that out and make it work as I go.

The game has been running for just about a month and a half. We are on the 7th update in what I still very much consider the "prologue" of the game, so if you read the prior updates and start voting now, you're still getting in on the ground floor. The current vote will be very formative to the main character before we get into some time-skips, so now is the perfect time to come join us!

I've been inspired by various past CYOAs like Goblii, Roma, RYB, and I'm currently trying to catch up with Diogenes & co. in Paradise Lost after hustling through Land Between the Rivers. (So if it ever looks like I'm ripping of Diogines' style, please consider it homage; dude is a master.)

Here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/YetiQuest/

Moacher fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 3, 2017

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Sword and Sorcery

Be a wizard. Get trained by a mystical monster hunter. Try not to get yourself killed.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/JFy9mlD.mp4

Do you daydream of smiting heretics? Did you like The Fragile Gods of Somewhere by Dog Kisser?

Then come play Above/Below, a game where you can be a god along with other goons!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Added! :D

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Court Intrigue. Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but it's in Post-apocalypse California.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

The first game of Wrecking Crew has completed!
Applications are open for the next map!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Crossposting from PL:

TheCog posted:

Well, I was gonna wait to release this, but I think its about ready for some beta testing:

Something Awful Archiver

Some notes:

Right now only Paradise Lost is archived

Search is slightly slow.

Fuzzy search searches plurals and singulars (e.g. if you search "dog" you get "Dogs" and possibly "Dogg")

Strict search matches the word exactly ("dog" is "Dog" or "dog" but not "dogs")

You cannot search for "linking" words, like "the", 'for' and, 'and'.

There are guaranteed to be bugs.

This is running from a raspberry pi in my apartment, site may go down if, for example, you all bring down my internet.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál
Wanna gently caress around as a robot spy in the midwest? Join Hell is Empty . A new Demon the Descent game that will maybe take less than 5 years to finish this time.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Dracula is about to be reborn. This is an objectively bad thing that should be avoided at all cost. Dust off that old whip you keep under the bed and ask your local priest for a few flasks of holy water, because we're going to pay ol' Drac's castle a visit.

Although I wrote the first update, I am not this game's GM. In fact, this game doesn't have a permanent GM. Players take turns voting and writing updates instead. Give it a try, you have full creative control when you're the GM. Hand the main character a shiny new weapon! Design one of the castle's many strange rooms! Laugh maniacally as you brutally kill the main character!

(Of course you can also just vote and play the game, if GM-ing isn't your thing).

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I have started a new CYOA and am very curious to see how fast goons can get the player character killed.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

I should probably link my own new cyoa here! An elder scrolls cyoa in which you have chosen to play as a badass redguard swords-lady with magical swordfighting skills.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846402&pagenumber=8#lastpost

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Decided to make a crafting themed CYOA. Come vote on what trade you'll learn in order to make a fortune selling shoddy gear that will fail to help heroes protect us from an encroaching horde of monsters.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849944

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.
Pre Steel Fantasy Leadership Campaign.

Run a tribe and determine the fate of your people as you navigate the emergence of modernity.

Twiler
Oct 23, 2010
Glass-Maker's Dragon CYOA

I wanted to try running this CMWGE campaign, and I thought that this might be a good way to do it.

A kid with a machine that can grant wishes (which he tries to use to generate ice-cream) tries to work out why weird magical dust keeps blowing into his home.

He may or may not be a dragon, but he's never been concerned enough to look into the matter.

(Is there any way to change the thread icon? I accidentally set it wrong, it needs to be 'Fantasy'.)

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
So I'm gonna try and do a CYOA game, using the Fragged Empire setting. Come be the leader of a mercenary crew trying to establish a colony on a jungle world full of deadly death:

The Great Mishpachan Land-Grab

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
My long dormant fantasy politics, magic vigilantes and helping people CYOA now returns after a six month hiatus. If anyone is interested, feel free to head on over.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Oh hey, Loel, I finished my thread. Four books and a novelette. 450,000 words. I was busy.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835049&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Can you change my thread to the finished pile?

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Wrecking Resumes! Episode 3, coming soon! The frigid hydrocarbon fields of RIME are just a bad memory, and our Wreckers have retreated to nurse their hideous mutations, so sign up for the next bone-annihilating episode of WRECKING CREW!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Bee Bonk posted:

Wrecking Resumes! Episode 3, coming soon! The frigid hydrocarbon fields of RIME are just a bad memory, and our Wreckers have retreated to nurse their hideous mutations, so sign up for the next bone-annihilating episode of WRECKING CREW!

Wrecking crew is a ton of fun, so if you're on the fence, come and join us.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Dungeon Master - Digging to deep.

I had an idea and this is where we are.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Awww yisssss

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
And Then the Earth Spoke

A Paleolithic survival and civilization themed CYOA with some fantasy elements. This is my first thread and also my first CYOA so I likely messed something up. Come swing by and try not to get mauled by a cave bear or starve. Advice welcome.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Apr 20, 2018

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The Most Magical Show On Earth

An urban fantasy CYOA focusing on a circus of literal freaks and weirdos. First CYOA. Hope y'all like it.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Oh hey, this is a good thread! If you dig NinjaPete's Demon thread, here's another thread you will hopefully enjoy!

I'm running Scion Version 2!

If you're unfamiliar with Scion, it's a modern fantasy game where all myths are created equally! The gods of ancient antiquity are real and they like to have kids and emissaries in the World. Our divine parent hasn't paid us a visit yet but we have a sinking feeling that there's something special about us. Come on! Let's make a New God out of ourselves :D

We're a little ways into Chapter 1. We just stole a weapon from a murder scene and it seems to be possessed by some kind of spirit. Come and play!

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Hi folks. Novelist and author here. Writing something new and exciting. Western low fantasy that's also a sort of small godgame, though with a focus on people rather than the small gods.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854567

Come check it out. It's super neat so far.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Ice Phisherman posted:

Hi folks. Novelist and author here. Writing something new and exciting. Western low fantasy that's also a sort of small godgame, though with a focus on people rather than the small gods.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854567

Come check it out. It's super neat so far.

Warning: May trigger feels in public places.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I just started my third CYOA. What will you trade away to attain your innermost desires? The choice is will soon be yours.

In case anyone is wondering, my other CYOAs are still ongoing. I just made this on a whim because the concept interested me.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CYOAs: a legitimate reason to make several posts in a row that are just "B" across different threads.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

super sweet best pal posted:

CYOAs: a legitimate reason to make several posts in a row that are just "B" across different threads.

Back in the days of postcount determining your avatar and custom title if you hadn't bought one (plus standard postcount epeening), I'm surprised postcount++ing didn't happen more with endless B votes.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Hexenritter posted:

Back in the days of postcount determining your avatar and custom title if you hadn't bought one (plus standard postcount epeening), I'm surprised postcount++ing didn't happen more with endless B votes.

The was before the days of CYOAs and LPs, before GBS became a shithole (always been a shithole). Those were the dark days. When you had to post to bookmark a thread.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Deadmeat5150 posted:

The was before the days of CYOAs and LPs, before GBS became a shithole (always been a shithole). Those were the dark days. When you had to post to bookmark a thread.

I miss GBS CYOAs, they were always so stupid and fun.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

•mandatory whippersnapper blabbing about craft shitposts•

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Blasphemaster posted:

•mandatory whippersnapper blabbing about craft shitposts•

Artisanal wrongvoting

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

:bahgawd: Editions I'm not used to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
In case anyone might be interested:

Bee Bonk's most excellent Co-Op/PVP Sci-Fi survival game,

is entering its second "Season" of play!

:siren:Signups have begun for new Wreckers and Sponsors for Heap 2 / Map 1 of Wrecking Crew!:siren:
(Updates regularly: 6 nights / week!)

Notably, all the original player's characters from Episodes/Maps 1 & 2 have either died or retired by this point. There will only be two first-time veterans coming back onto the field and everyone else will be starting anew. It's a newbie's game out there!

Come join us in tele-fragging space horrors while getting closer to the futuristic human ideal: a hulking neosoldat cyberdemon who utters monosyllabic blessings to the gun-gods as they rend and tear through technoflesh. :hellyeah: