Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I have time to run again so please add:

Voices Of A Distant Planet. You are on your way to colonize a new world. Earth is hosed. No one has tried this before. No one is coming to help you. The bad news doesn't end there, but you can't let that stop you. You've got two choices. Hold things together and help humanity expand or watch as the last human life in the galaxy is snuffed out. No pressure.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ralith posted:

Vote scraper release 0.4.0
Windows 64-bit, OSX (experimental), documentation.

Changelog:
  • Encrypt all communications with SomethingAwful
  • Support authentication with SomethingAwful via user's credentials, so you can scrape while the paywall's up
  • Improve HTTP connection reuse
Comments and suggestions are always welcome. If anyone's interested in the source code (it's Haskell), get ahold of me on IRC in #madgod

Notes on authentication:
The scraper performs a conventional log-in through SA's log-in page when you click "OK" on the log-in dialog. On success, it stores the authentication cookies and uses them for all future scrape attempts in that session. The cookies are never written to disk or transmitted elsewhere (and your actual credentials are not stored at all after the dialog closes, even in memory), so if you restart the program they'll be lost and you'll need to log in again.

Is this the vote counter of choice nowadays?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Game: All Ways Be Cultivating - Choose Your Own Adventure
System: CYOA - Read & Vote
Format: PBP
Players: All the players. Even if you don't want to vote, I hope you'll enjoy reading
Description: Become a supernaturally powerful martial artist and punch your way into paradise. Face giants armed only with your own fists (and boatloads of fist magic). Honestly though, it'll probably be mostly training montages and discussions about how cool it is when your numbers go up.

It's been a little over a year since the last time I ran one of these. Hopefully I remember how.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Trying something new - a rapid fire series of updates focusing on combat in the Age of Sail. Come get your pirate/privateer/sailor on.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4018381