Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Dog Kisser posted:

Game:

System: Homebrew - roll 1d100 and add your roll to your allies in the horde. Roll high for glory in combat, roll low to be a garbage failure.
Format: PBP/CYOA
Players: Up to 100! The Horde begins one hundred strong, though mostly they're NPCs. As people join - any time in the game, mind you - the faceless mooks that have been there the whole time turn out to have been PCs! This also means if you die you can just take up another slot - and you probably WILL die.
Description: Alright maggots, get your rears in gear! The Horde needs your warm bodies to defend the sacred kingdom of Tö! Throw yourselves up against the savage Fröman hordes and save your country... or die in glorious battle! Individuals play as members of the Horde, and take actions in battle or in preparation that will influence the fate of the Horde itself. Players ALSO get to vote on the Horde's strategies in a weirdly non-digetic manner, regardless whether they currently have a character in the game or not. Any number of people can join, as many times as they want (though only one active character at a time), and post as much or as little as they want. If I feel like updating, I'll just roll for stragglers, so the game won't slow down due to player truancy.

Also, you look like this:

25/100 now. It's filling up fast. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

sheep-dodger posted:

Gravedust's excellent dungeon delving game Die in the Depths is back from a winter break and has new slots open for anyone interested in rolling dice, killing monsters and looting chests.
Updates are daily Monday to Friday, so now's your chance to join us, find rare treasure and hopefully not Die in the Depths.

It's real fun, y'all.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sally posted:

there are so many CYOAs. i feel like a real maroon for not thinking that'd be the case in The Game Room of all places. I just assumed all CYOAs were in LP or GBS. this is world-shattering. so many threads to see. so much to read.

I will ever and always recommend The Fragile Gods of Somewhere, Break Down That Gate! and The Lord of the Tower by DogKisser for a few grand old reads that are easy to get into and hard to escape.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Heyo ye heya ye! The Kinglydong of Bestestia needs incredibly brave smart Troubleshooters like me to face off against, uh...

(checks notes)

...the kindly efforts of the Very Good Wizard!

(Headsup that a new CO-OP CYOA by the inestimable DogKisser has started, recruitment is way open, and players can jump in to join at any point, see gimmick below)

THE ROYAL TROUBLESHOOTERS posted:

The Very Good Wizard is a game of trying to fix stuff broken while trying to fix stuff. Each of you will be working together to attempt to solve problems caused by the Wizard’s lack of foresight without dying or getting horribly mutated or something.

Give me your name and a short one sentence description of your Troubleshooter and we’ll get things going properly once I draw up a few character cards.

Oh, also - with each post you make, kindly add a request from someone elsewhere in the kingdom. The prayers never cease!