Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I haven't read the book but I really loved the first episode. I can't wait to see more of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why did he throw his phone away? Whenever he goes back to the future, won't he need a phone?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
^^^ Until someone happens to dive or dredge that river any time before 2010 or so.

Does the book cover conservation of energy? Seems weird to me that you could go back in time, grab some meat, and bring it back with you. You could go back in time, throw out a bunch of garbage, come back, then reset everything.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

pahuyuth posted:

Did I miss anything with regard to how going back through the portal to present day works? Does he just go back to the spot where the closet is (or will be) in the diner and *poof* he vanishes in front of anyone standing around? I couldn't tell how much the terrain and buildings had changed over the years.

In the first episode, he goes back and just goes through the spot he arrived at.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The creepiest was the car crash.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The TVIV rules are pretty clear, once a show airs, spoilers are no longer needed. This show "airs" once it gets put up on Hulu.

This was a pretty crazy episode. I was waiting for Frank to finally start beating on James ever since he first walked up in the bar. Every time they got together I was thinking "this is it, Franks going to beat the poo poo out of him." It will be interesting to see how these events play out in the future, especially with that newspaper.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

So when does it get put up on hulu?

It shows up when Sunday turns into Monday. I refreshed Hulu last night before I went to sleep and it was already up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

grapecritic posted:

MASH, 4077th

I have to wonder how many people are going to get this joke. I don't know if everyone spent every night watching MASH reruns like I did.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
"You come from the future when?"
"20156"

Did they not know when the show would be airing or something?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
James Franco mouths 15 but says 16.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
This series is 8 episodes long and we're already in 1962. I think maybe this next episode or the episode after, he'll have to reset and the rest of the series will be his actual run to save Kennedy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It would be stupid to not do a reset. Why would they even mention the reset if they didn't use it. Unless they use it in the last few minutes. Jake saves Kennedy and everything is great and he pops back to the future and everything is great and Kennedy never died. What's his face gives him the restaurant in his will so he goes to sell it. A potential buyer checks it out, walks into the closet and goes back to 1960. Poof, everything is reset and Kennedy dies and he wasted three years on nothing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Not only was Kennedy assassinated, there is also a strange cement fountain in Maine.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't see what the point of him stealing it all and taking it apart. I could see him stealing it and trying to sell everything, but just to break things because he kind of dislikes them?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

I've seen those demographic maps of US cities and have of course heard about how divided Chicago, Atlanta, etc. still are. The gas station scene really got me thinking about how those towns couldn't have changed overnight, but also couldn't possibly still be divided so formally. What happened to towns and cities that had a "Niggertown" in the 50 years since?

Not much. There are still places that are mostly white and places that are mostly black.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

pahuyuth posted:

Does the book ever answer questions about the portal (or has the show answered these and I missed them) like can more than one person go through and If so, what happens if one person stays and the other returns to present? Where did it come from?

Yeah, what if he goes into the portal and then someone walks in 30 seconds later. Does that erase the first person?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The last episode will have him get really close to stopping the assassination but then fail at the last second. So he goes back to Maine and resets. Jump cut back to the previous scene except this time he does it. Then James Franco looks into the camera and says "Are you happy now, nerds?"

Or for more serious, maybe he stops the assassination and comes back but it's all BTTF II and Donald Trump is president so he goes back into the closet to reset everything and then steps back out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I honestly don't understand the clothespin thing. A clothes pin is used to hang clothes on a clothesline. What is he doing with it? Putting it on his dick or something?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I was confused about that as well. I don't know how much the mafia was in American media in the 60s but surely she would have to have hard of it from news stories over the years.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Was there ever really a risk of nuclear war? While it was all wink wink nudge nudge, we fought Russia in Korea, Vietnam, and all the poo poo in the middle east. There weren't any nukes thrown around.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I understand they have to try to do some exposition but the guy has his gun in his armpit then he's right next to Jake with the gun pointed at the ground and looking in a different direction and I'm shouting "ATTACK HIM ALREADY GOD drat IT" Meanwhile Jake is planning something with broken glass. This should already be over.

This was a terrible episode. Things had to happen for a reason to move the story but they were all stupid reasons.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 14, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

waitwhatno posted:

What's up with the huge cut on Sadie's face in this episode, did she fall down or something? I tried to google for an answer, but nothing came up. Anyway, great episode.

Is this a joke?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I really want to see Jake sitting anxiously on a bus waiting for it to get to the right spot as frantic music plays but everyone else on the bus is normal.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Two episodes left and he has a case of explosive amnesia?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The problem was that Bill was also placing bets.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I have no idea what's going on in this show. I'm only watching it because I want to see what happens with the assassination.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know how to feel about this last episode. It was crazy. The middle of the series was pretty crap but I'm glad they bookended it with decent episodes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I kind of wish they would have explained more what happened differently. He kept saying "yeah but then the bombs." What bombs? Nuclear bombs? Did Russia bomb the US? What the hell happened? Kennedy wasn't president but also somehow founded some refugee camps? Instead Jake is asking if 9/11 happened or not.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Does the book go into detail about what happens with a living Kennedy?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Sadie going to the future would have to gently caress something up. The whole concept of how that time travel works would just lead to endless paradoxes. The yellow card guy was poorly done. He keeps trying to redo his thing. When is he from? What time period is he trying to fix? For 8 hours of content, it glossed over way too much. Maybe I'm just being a dumb nerd, but I wanted way more info than they gave here. I'd willingly give up lots of time in the middle episodes for more info on what was going on with the time travel and what the consequences were.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why would she have a scar? She died in the timeline in which she got a scar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Do you think real life Marina Oswald watched this show?

• Locked thread