Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

[Darth Vader voice] I have diluted the IP. Pray I don't dilute it any further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1216980/VasterClaws_3Dragon_slayer_of_the_God_world/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

[Focus on the Engine]

"Lixel 2," our in-house developed engine, uses CPU commands rather than GPU or hardware implementation to render each pixel individually.

These efforts have resulted in low-power, low-temperature graphics rendering.

Lixel 2 excels at control at the pixel-level, and at this level, rendering is much faster than in engines that rely on GPU or hardware.

*This game uses a legendary skill known as "vram[n]=color," handed down for generations, for all graphic rendering!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1216980/VasterClaws_3Dragon_slayer_of_the_God_world/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

[Focus on the Engine]

"Lixel 2," our in-house developed engine, uses CPU commands rather than GPU or hardware implementation to render each pixel individually.

These efforts have resulted in low-power, low-temperature graphics rendering.

Lixel 2 excels at control at the pixel-level, and at this level, rendering is much faster than in engines that rely on GPU or hardware.

*This game uses a legendary skill known as "vram[n]=color," handed down for generations, for all graphic rendering!

lol

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
love pc gaming more and more as i buy a bulletproof case to protect my 3070

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
PC gaming FTW https://forums.newworld.com/t/issues-with-evga-rtx-3090-ftw3-ultra/112757

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what is that man doing to his asus???

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
didn't starcraft 2 have the same issue like a hundred years ago where the main menu was uncapped and ran at like 5000fps until your gpu had a coronary

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The Kins posted:

didn't starcraft 2 have the same issue like a hundred years ago where the main menu was uncapped and ran at like 5000fps until your gpu had a coronary

Yeah I had something like that happen in an SC2 match, was finishing off some guys base when the screen suddenly glitched out in a bunch of graphics artifacts. I felt my case and it was a million degrees so I took the side panel off. 5-10 minutes later things cooled down enough that the display was working right. The other guy had spent that entire time rebuilding his base from the one worker he had left so I went and destroyed it again.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It sucks but it is epic when the coil whines from pumping out millions of frames.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think it's pretty funny that it happens because developers forget to account for it. perhaps I'm simply built different but I think the card's driver should not let me run it hard enough to damage it no matter what.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
PC gaming FTW

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

what did that guys original tweet say he deleted it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just realized that was like 1000 years ago and nobody knows wtf I'm talking about.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

what did that guys original tweet say he deleted it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

i think it's pretty funny that it happens because developers forget to account for it. perhaps I'm simply built different but I think the card's driver should not let me run it hard enough to damage it no matter what.

This really feels like something that should be a solved problem by now yeah. They must have hosed up really badly, if there weren't some protections against it I feel like we'd hear about the Starcraft issue happening with every other shittily made indie game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

was really looking forward to amazon studios mmo where you colonize america and slaughter the natives but now? i'll be waiting for the dlc to fix it ala dark souls 2

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

:pcgaming:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Spambot is rolling over in their grave.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I don’t understand why ppl don’t just hard lock their cards fps to their monitors refresh rate. Stupid not to

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

I don’t understand why ppl don’t just hard lock their cards fps to their monitors refresh rate. Stupid not to

bigger numbers = better

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

gah!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GOG got a bunch of the older Star Trek games. I remember Elite Force actually being a fairly sick FPS back in the day

https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1435546972140748800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
I was super excited when I put in a ninja turtle skin and bounced around as that during bot matches

Good game I think raven made it