Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Ten leagues south of the large and well-established city of Verbobonc, within the Kron Hills that lie east of the Lortmil Mountains and just west of the Gnarley Forest, nestles a small settlement with a long and dark history. This unremarkable village, called Hommlet, witnessed the growth of one of the greatest centers of corruption the world would ever know: the Temple of Elemental Evil.

Hommlet is a small town with a population of just under one thousand. Only twelve years ago, it was a hamlet of around one hundred people, although even then most folk referred to it as a village. Since that time, the town has enjoyed unprecedented peace and prosperity.

The town is not ruled by a mayor or a town council as many others are. Instead, two ex-adventurers called Rufus and Burne have been granted control of Hommlet and its lands by the viscount of Verbobonc. Not many people in the town look at it that way, however. Most folks simply see the two men as the town “elders,” giving them the respect that they have earned. Few grumble when it comes time to pay their taxes to the two lords. Most everyone appreciates the protection Rufus and Burne’s soldiers provide, as well as the role the two played in the downfall of the original Temple of Elemental Evil (and the threats they have overcome to protect the town since then).

Once the town, merely a village at the time, had been overrun with adventure and danger. Heroes rose and beat back the evil that threatened to overwhelm Hommlet. And in the years since peace has reigned. You have heard stories, and wondered about just how peaceful it really has become. Still the tales of Hommlet's peace have led to a decline in adventurers in the region. And the thought has crossed your mind that well that just means there is less competition for what challenges still remain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Creation:
Standard classes allowed: Barbarian, Bard, beguiler, binder, crusader, dread necromancer, duskblade, factotum, psychic warrior, swordsage, warblade, warmage, dragon shaman, totemist, incarnate.
Rewritten classes are located here.
32 point buy
Level 4
Max HP at first level, 3/4 HD afterwards
5400 gp to start

I'm planning on taking six players.

Join #redhandofdoom on SynIRC for questions/comments/complaints!

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

As a living construct dragon, Tempest is awesome and has little to fear, other than rust monsters and the horrifying possibility of being damaged too much to move but not enough to die, and living forever trapped in his immobile body, conscious but unable to act, as his body becomes home to generations of bird nests. He likes treasure, breathing on things, ad long walks on the beach. He does not like birds.
pre:
Tempest
Dragonborn Warforged Dragonfire Adept 4
Neutral Good

Strength 	9	(-1)
Dexterity 	12	(+1)
Constitution 	22	(+6)
Intelligence 	10	(+0)
Wisdom 		10	(+0)
Charisma 	12	(+1)

Total Hit Points: 50

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 18 = 10 +1 [dexterity] +2 [scales] +5 [chain shirt]

Touch AC: 11
    Flat-footed: 17

Initiative modifier:	+1	= +1 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:		+10	= 4 [base] +6 [constitution]
Reflex save:		+2	= 1 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Will save:		+4	= 4 [base]
Attack (handheld):	+1	= 2 [base] -1 [strength]
Attack (unarmed):	+1	= 2 [base] -1 [strength]
Attack (missile):	+1	= 2 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Grapple check:		+1	= 2 [base] -1 [strength]

Languages: Common Draconic

Feats:
    1st: Entangling Exhalation
    3rd: Quicken Breath
    Bonus: Dragontouched

Skills
Concentration 		Con 	12 = 	+5	+7 	
Listen 			Wis 	8 = 	+0	+7	+1 [dragontouched]	
Spot 			Wis 	8 = 	+0	+7 	+1 [dragontouched]
Use Magic Device 	Cha 	8 = 	+1	+7 	

Dragonborn Warforged:
    -2 dexterity, +4 constitution, -2 wisdom, -2 charisma (already included)
    Construct (Living Construct, Dragonblood)
    +2 dodge bonus to AC against dragon type
    Immunity to Frightful Presence
    Draconic Aspect (Heart): 20' line of energy, 2d8 damage, DC 10+1/2 HD +Con mod Reflex save for half, usable every 1d4 rounds
    Cannot heal damage naturally
    Does not eat, sleep, breathe
    -1 to -9 hp, inert but not progressing to death
    Immune to poison, sleep, energy drain, disease, nausea, paralysis, fatigue, exhaustion

Dragonfire Adept:
    Level 1: Breath weapon 1d6; dragontouched; can learn least invocations; knows 1 invocation
    Level 2: Choose a new breath effect; Scales +2 [improves armor class unless natural AC is better; edit sheet as needed]; knows 1 invocation
    Level 3: Breath weapon 2d6; knows 2 invocations
    Level 4: Dragonkin (+4 on diplomacy checks with dragons and their kin; resist dragon-fear as a dragon); knows 2 invocations

Invocations Known:
	Endure Exposure, Magic Insight

Equipment:
2000	Dragon Spirit Cincture
1250	Chain Shirt +1
750	Healing Belt
1200	Amber Amulet of Vermin, Giant Stag Beetle
110	Eternal Flame cast on nonmagical ring
5	Longspear
35	Light Crossbow
2	Bolts, 20
1	Potion Belt
5	Spiked Gauntlet
-	Club
2	Backpack
1	Flint and Steel
10	Silk Rope, 50'
1	Grappling Hook
0.6	Oil Flasks, 6
0.6	Iron Spike, 6
0.8	Listening Cone
2	Crowbar
3	Rubber Ball
0.1	Twine Roll, 50'
5	Pack Saddle
8	Mule, trained for purpose (guarding), work, heel
8 gp remaining

Piell fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Feb 26, 2016

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Vulen Inavaris

Vulen Inavaris is the latest in a long line of dragon-touched elves charged with maintaining the world's elemental balance. His parents own a seemingly small shop named 'Relics of the Four' in Verbobonc's High Quarter. If one travels all the way through the back of the shop, they will come across a vast domed meadow, sacred to the four elements. Each element has a quadrant marked by a distinct representation of that element, and the overall balance between the elements can be divined by careful study of the meadow and its changes over time. Within the shop, there are a variety of element-related magic weapons, materials, scrolls, potions, etc., many of them crafted by Vulen's parents.

Vulen was too young to participate in the first crusade to cleanse the Temple of Elemental Evil, but his parents participated and haven't stopped talking about it since. For 22 years, Vulen has endured the endless reminiscing and when he heard rumors of new trouble stirring at the Temple, he practically ran out the door, confident that his parents would approve and maybe finally do a little listening to him when he returned covered in glory.

pre:
Forestlord Elf, Disciple (Water, Earth)

Neutral neutral, Rebuke undead

Alternate Class Features: Dragonscale husk

STR: 14
DEX: 12
CON: 12
INT: 10
WIS: 17 (+1 at level 4)
CHA: 14

HP: 30
AC: 18 = 10 + 7 armor + 1 dex
Move: Walk 20'

Feats
Level 1: Water Devotion
Level 3: Fiery Burst

Skills
Concentration +7
Know (Religion) +7
Spellcraft +7
Survival +7

Spells (Druid list)
Level 0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic
Level 1: Magic Stone Fist of Stone, Obscuring Mist, Faerie Fire
Level 2: Soften Earth and Stone, Fog Cloud, Flaming Sphere

Equipment:
4301 - Changeling Shortspear +1
0300 - Least Crystal of Return
0750 - Healing Belt
0049 - Useful mundane stuff

Bouquet fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Feb 26, 2016

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Ryuujin you should add the thread to the TG Game Recruitment Megathread so we can get more people in here!

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

So I might make a Shapeshifter for this. Just to make sure I'm understanding the Absorb Magic feature correctly, I get half of the purchase price of the items I eat but still pay the normal purchase price for what I buy (effectively meaning I'm paying 2x price as though the items were slotless), correct?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

senrath posted:

So I might make a Shapeshifter for this. Just to make sure I'm understanding the Absorb Magic feature correctly, I get half of the purchase price of the items I eat but still pay the normal purchase price for what I buy (effectively meaning I'm paying 2x price as though the items were slotless), correct?

No.

Items you FIND can be consumed for half their cost, kind of like what you usually get when you sell them. You can also spend gold to have someone enchant you as if you were an item/weapon, this costs the normal cost of buying that item. Though remember the only abilities you can gain, from being enchanted or using your gold reserve to enchant yourself, are limited to enhancement bonus to ability scores, armor class (and special ability equivalents), weapon bonuses (and special ability equivalents).

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Ah, okay, that makes sense too. And makes things even easier.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Ryuujin posted:

Rewritten classes are located here.

This reminded me that Lurks existed.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

I am making a second dude to use in the event Piell and I are the only people to make characters so we can proceed no matter what by controlling two apiece.

Human Hero

STR: 16 (+1 at level 4)
DEX: 16
CON: 14
INT: 14
WIS: 10
CHA: 8

HP: 40.5
XP: +10%

Feats
Human - Point Blank Shot
Level 1 - Precise Shot
Hero 1 - Rapid Shot
Hero 2 - Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bone bow)
Level 3 - Item Familiar (14 skill points invested)
Hero 4 - Weapon Focus (Longbow)

Skills
Balance +5
Escape Artist +5
Jump +7
Know (Local) +5
Know (Nobility) +1
Spot +7 (+4 from Item Familiar)
Tumble +5

Items
4800 - Elvencraft Serrenwood Masterwork Bone bow (Item Familiar)
0300 - Least Crystal of Adamant Weaponry
0100 - Chain Shirt

Bouquet fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 26, 2016

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Look further down

Piell fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 22, 2016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I would like to try this. This is only my second time building a 3.5e character, so any feedback would be appreciated if I did it right.

Frankgrim is a disciple of Kord. He travels to Hommlet after hearing tales of what transpired there during the original rise of the Temple. He seeks not to proselytize, but merely to experience the locale and see if he can win further glory and honor in the eyes of his god.

pre:
Frankgrim
Human Crusader 4
Lawful Good

STR 17 +3 (16 base, +1 stat gain at level 4)
DEX 14 +2
CON 14 +2
INT 10 +0
WIS 10 +0
CHA 14 +2

HP: 40/40
(d10 base hit die, 10+2 CON HP at level 1, 7.5+2 CON HP at succeeding levels)

Speed: 20 feet (30 base, reduced by Scale Mail)
Size: Medium

AC:                 22 (10 +9 Full Plate +2 Darkwood Shield +1 DEX)
Touch AC:           11 (10 +1 DEX)
Flat-footed AC:     21 (10 +9 Full Plate +2 Darkwood Shield)

Initiative:     d20+2 (+2 DEX)
FORT save:      d20+6 (+4 base +2 CON)
REF save:       d20+3 (+1 base +2 DEX)
WILL save:      d20+3 (+1 base +2 CHA)
BAB:            +4
Attack roll:    d20+7 (+3 STR +4 BAB)

Equipped Armor: Full Plate +1 (+9 AC, +1 max DEX, -5 Armor Check penalty, speed 20 feet, 50 lbs)
Equipped Shield: Darkwood Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC, 10 lbs)
Equipped Weapon: Longsword +1 (+1 to attack rolls, 1d8+1 slashing damage, 19-20/x2 critical, 4 lbs, 15 gp)

Actions and abilities:
Basic Attack: Standard action, d20+8 to hit, 1d8+4 slashing damage

Granted Maneuvers: Including the effect of the Extra Granted Maneuver feat, I begin an encounter with three out of my five readied maneuvers available for use, selected randomly.
Steely Resolve: Whenever I am hit, the damage first goes to a Delayed Damage Pool instead of my HP. At the end of my next turn, I take that damage and the Pool resets to 0. 
The pool can currently hold up to 10 damage at level 1.
Furious Counterstrike: During my turn, I have a bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to the Delayed Damage Pool, divided by 5, rounded down, minimum +1.
Indomitable Soul: I can add my CHA bonus to my Will saves
Zealous Surge: I can reroll a single saving throw, once per day. I must use the result of the second roll.

Maneuvers Known (initiator level 4, up to maneuver level 2, can ready up to 5 maneuvers):
1. Vanguard Strike: Standard Action. Make a melee basic attack. If it hits, all my allies gain a +4 ranged and melee attack roll bonus against that target until start of my next turn
2. Crusader's Strike: Standard Action. Make a melee basic attack against a target whose alignment does not match mine. 
If it hits, I or an ally within 10 feet heals 1d6 HP, +1 per initiator level (max 5). Currently 1d6+4 HP of healing
3. Douse the Flames: Standard Action. Make a melee basic attack. If it hits, the target cannot make attacks of opportunity for 1 round. It still threatens an area.
4. Leading the Attack: Standard Action. Make a melee basic attack. If it hits, all my allies gain a +4 morale bonus on attack rolls against the target, for 1 round.
5. Stone Vise: Standard Action. Make a melee basic attack. If it hits, it deals an extra 1d6 damage. 
The target must also make a Fort save DC 12 + STR (currently DC 15) or have its speed reduced to 0 for 1 round.
6. Shield Block: Immediate Action. Counter. When an enemy makes a melee or ranged attack against an adjacent ally, 
I can grant an AC bonus to that ally equal to my shield's AC bonus+4

Stances Known:
1. Iron Guard's Glare - Swift Action to activate. Any opponent I threaten takes a -4 attack roll penalty against my allies.
2. Leading the Charge - Swift Action to activate. 60 foot radius centered on me. All allies who can hear me and make a charge attack while within the stance's area 
gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to my initiator level (currently a +4)

Feats:
Level 1 Feat: Combat Reflexes - I can make additional attacks of opportunity equal to my DEX modifier. Can currently make a maximum of 3 attacks of opportunity/round.
Human Extra Feat: Power Attack - before attacking, I can choose to trade away a melee attack roll bonus for a damage bonus, at a 1:1 rate. This is capped at my BAB.
Level 3 Feat: Extra Granted Maneuver - I begin each encounter with one additional readied maneuver granted

Skills (Class skill max rank 7):
20 skill points at level 1 (16 base +4 Human bonus)
5 skill points per level (4 base +1 Human bonus)

Balance [DEX]:                   d20+4 (+2 DEX +7 ranks -5 armor check penalty)
Concentration [CON]:             d20+2 (+2 CON)
Craft [INT]:                     d20
Diplomacy [CHA]:                 d20+9 (+2 CHA +7 ranks)
Intimidate [CHA]:                d20+9 (+2 CHA +7 ranks)
Jump [STR]:                      d20+5 (+3 STR +7 ranks -5 armor check penalty)
Knowledge (History) [INT]:       d20
Knowledge (Religion) [INT]:      d20+7 (+7 ranks)
Martial Lore [INT]:              d20
Ride [DEX]:                      d20+2 (+2 DEX)

Gold and Inventory:
5400 GP
-2650 GP for Full Plate +1
-257 GP for Darkwood Heavy Wooden Shield
-2315 GP for a Longsword +1
178 GP remaining
- 2 GP and 3 SP from buying food at the Welcome Wench
175 GP, 3 SP remaining

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 22, 2016

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
You should have one more maneuver known (I recommend Foehammer or Mountain Hammer), and one more HP (you actually get 7.5 each level after the first, and round down at the end), but other than that I don't see any mechanical problems. Making your heavy shield darkwood might be a good idea for some of your remaining cash.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Thank you! I've adjusted my HP, added another maneuver, and bought a darkwood shield

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
I made a more different trapfinder, one that can actually find traps

Fresh out of prison (turns out stealing from the Iron Wyrm Vault is easier than selling the stolen items afterwards - drat divinations), Kayla is also fresh off of a religious awakening - Bahamut is pretty cool. Also, if you steal from evil people, you probably won't get arrested! Next goal: get enough money for Gauntlets of the Talon, those are pretty cool. And religious!

pre:
Kayla
Lesser Tiefling Battlemind 3 / Rogue 1
Lawful Good

Strength 	8	(-1)
Dexterity 	20	(+5)
Constitution	14	(+2)
Intelligence 	13	(+1)
Wisdom 		16	(+3)
Charisma 	6	(-2)

Total Hit Points: 32

Speed: 40 feet [battlemind]

Armor Class: 19 = 10 +5 [dexterity] +3 [wisdom] +1 [armor]

Touch AC: 18
    Flat-footed: 15

Initiative modifier:	+5	= +5 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:		+5	= 3 [base] +2 [constitution] 
Reflex save:		+10	= 5 [base] +5 [dexterity]
Will save:		+6	= 3 [base] +3 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld):	+2	= 3 [base] -1 [strength]
Attack (unarmed):	+2	= 3 [base] -1 [strength]
Attack (missile):	+8	= 3 [base] +5 [dexterity]
Grapple check:		+2	= 3 [base] -1 [strength]

Languages: Abyssal Common Infernal

Feats:
    Battlemind Bonus: Mage Slayer
    Bonus (From Iron Wyrm Vault): Tactile Trapsmith
    1st: Shape Soulmeld (Kruthik Claws)
    3rd: True Believer

Skills	
Balance 		Dex* 	12 = 	+5	+5	+2 [tumble]
Bluff			Cha	0 =	-2		+2 [tiefling]
Disable Device 		Dex 	12 = 	+5	+5 	+2 [MW kit]
Hide 			Dex* 	19 = 	+5	+6 	+4 [kruthik claws] +2 [tiefling]		
Jump 			Str* 	4 = 	-2	+4	+2 [tumble]
Listen 			Wis 	9 = 	+3	+4 	
Move Silently 		Dex* 	17 = 	+5	+6 	+4 [kruthik claws]	
Search 			Dex 	17 = 	+5	+7 	+5 [goggles of minute seeing]
Spot 			Wis 	7 = 	+3	+4
Swim			Str	2 =	-2	+4 	
Tumble 			Dex* 	10 = 	+5	+5 	
Use Magic Device	Cha	3 =	-2	+5

Lesser Tiefling:
    +2 dexterity, +2 intelligence, -2 charisma (already included)
    +2 on bluff and hide (already included)
    Darkness once per day
    Darkvision (see 60 feet in pitch-dark)
    Cold, fire, & electricity resistance 5

Battlemind:
	Ki Weapon
	Fighting Versatility: Use Dex for attack and damage
	AC Bonus: +wis to AC
	Ki Infusion: Swift action, +1d6 damage on one attack
	Ki Speed: +10' movement
	Bonus Feat: Mage Slayer
	Throw Ki Weapon: Standard action, 30' range increment

Rogue:
	Sneak Attack +1d6
	Trapfinding

Equipment:
1250	Goggles of Minute Seeing
3000	Iron Wyrm Vault Legendary Site (get Tactile Trapsmith, +2 diplomacy/gather info from thieves/freedom fighters/state enemies, -2 from guards/nobles/"respectable" folk)
1000	Bracers of Armor +1
100	Masterwork Thieves' Tools
10	Sundark Goggles
10	Blessed Bandage
1	Potion Belt
10	Small Steel Mirror
2	Backpack
1	Flint and Steel
10	Silk Rope, 50'
1	Grappling Hook
0.1	Hammock
4.9 gp remaining

Piell fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Feb 26, 2016

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Still making mine. I should be done later tonight.

Edit: Decided to go PsyWar instead of Shapeshifter. Still need to spend some more gold, but Carl the totally normal human PsyWar is otherwise ready to go:
pre:
Carl
Synad Psychic Warrior (Mantled Warrior http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a) 4
Neutral Good

Strength 	17	(+3)
Dexterity 	10	(+0)
Constitution 	14	(+2)
Intelligence 	12	(+1)
Wisdom 		16	(+3)
Charisma 	8	(-1)

Total Hit Points: 34

Speed: 20 feet (30 feet when focused)

Armor Class: 18 = 10 +8 [mwk full plate]

Touch AC: 10
	Flat-footed: 18

Initiative modifier:	+0	= +0 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:		+6	= 4 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save:		+1	= 1 [base]
Will save:		+6	= 1 [base] +3 [wisdom] +2 [threefold mind]
Attack (handheld):	+6	= 3 [base] +3 [strength]
Attack (unarmed):	+6	= 3 [base] +3 [strength]
Attack (missile):	+3	= 3 [base] +0 [dexterity]
Grapple check:		+6	= 3 [base] +3 [strength]

+1 Deep Crystal Greatsword (2d6+5 19-20/x2): +7 = 3 [base] +3 [strength] +3 [enhancement]
Masterwork Full Plate (+8 AC, -5 ACP)

Languages: Common Synad Abyssal

Feats:
	1st: Earth Sense
	1st PsyWar: Earth Power
	3rd: Power Attack

Skills
	Autohypnosis	Wis	+12 =	+3	+7	+2 [synergy]
	Concentration	Con	+9 =	+2	+7
	Jump		Str	+5 =	+3	+7	-5 [armor check]
	K (Psionics)	Int	+8 =	+1	+7
	Search		Int	+8 =	+1	+7

Synad:
	Aberration
	Darkvision 60'
	Naturally Psionic: 3 bonus PP.
	Threefold Mind (Su): +2 Will
	Oracle (Su): 1/day +2 insight to initiative, attack, or save. Attack or save can be done after knowing pass/fail.
	Collective (Su): Spent 1 PP for +2 to Knowledge or Psicraft.
	Multitask (Su): 1/day gain a mental swift action. Can only manifest if haven't already manifested that turn.

Psychic Warrior:
	Level 1: Power Points (14: 5 Class +3 Race +6 Wisdom); Bonus Feat (fighter bonus or psionic only); Powers Known +1
	Level 2: Freedom Mantle (+10' when psionically focused. Can expend focus to add ML to roll to resist being grappled/escape from grapple); Powers Known +1 (2 total)
	Level 3: Powers Known +1 (3 total)
	Level 4: Powers Known +1 (4 total)

Powers Known (Power Points 14/14):
	Expansion, Dimension Hop, Defensive Precognition, Hustle

Equipment:
1650	mwk full plate
3050	+1 deep crystal greatsword

700 remaining

senrath fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 23, 2016

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Okay so far the submissions seem to look like:

code:
Player			Race					Class	
Piell			Dragonborn Warforged		Dragonfire Adept
Piell			Lesser Tiefling 		Battlemind 3 / Rogue 1
Bouquet			Forestlord Elf			Disciple
Bouquet			Human 				Hero
gradenko_2000		Human 				Crusader
senrath			Synad 				Psychic Warrior
Is anyone else making something for this? And did anyone want to flesh out their character with a background or something?

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 26, 2016

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, I'll throw together a simple background when I get the chance. I've been busy with exams and prepping for a con this weekend.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

I'm making a skirmisher or maybe a bard.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

ADARYN CR 4
Female Forestlord Half-Elf Bardic Sage 4
NG Medium Humanoid
Init +0; Senses Low-Light Vision; Listen +8, Spot +1
Languages Auran, Common, Draconic, Elven
---------------------
AC 15, touch 10, flat-footed 15
. . (+4 armor)
hp 28 (4d6+8)
Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +1
---------------------
Speed 30ft.
Melee weapon Longspear +6 (1d8+4) and
. . Unarmed Strike +6 (1d3+3) and
. . Whip-dagger +6 (1d6)
Ranged weapon Sling +3 (1d4+3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +3; Grp +6

Combat Gear Chain Shirt, Dastana, Longspear, Sling, Whip-dagger
Bardic Sage Spells Known (CL 4, +6 melee touch, +3 ranged touch):
2 (DC 14, 1/day) - Alter Self, Glitterdust, Invisibility
1 (DC 13, 3/day) - Silent Image, Cure Light Wounds, Improvisation, Inspirational Boost
0 (DC 12, 3/day) - Detect Magic, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Summon Instrument, Songbird
---------------------
Abilities Str 16 Dex 10 Con 14 Int 14 Wis 8 Cha 16
SQ Tree Walk, Bardic Knack (+2) (Ex), Bardic Music: Soothing Voice (Su), Bardic Music: Fascinate, Bardic Music: Healing Hymn (Sp), Bardic Music: Song of the Heart, Bardic Music: Inspire Courage +1, Class Level Count: 4, Collector of Stories [Mental] [Skill Trick] (Ex), Draconic Heritage +2, Dragonfire Inspiration, Lore (+8), Power Attack -3/+3, Racial Skill Bonus, Subtype - Dragonblood, Subtype - Elf, Type - Humanoid
Feats Armor Proficiency (Light), Bard Weapon Proficiencies, Class Level Count: 4, Draconic Heritage - Green, Dragonfire Inspiration, Power Attack -3/+3, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency - All
Skills Balance -3, Climb +0, Concentration +9, Diplomacy +12, Escape Artist -3, Gather Information +5, Heal +1, Hide -3, Jump +0, Knowledge: Arcana +9, Knowledge: History +4, Knowledge: Religion +4, Listen +8, Move Silently -3, Perform: Dance +10, Search +4, Skill Tricks +1, Sleight of Hand -2, Spellcraft +10, Spot +1, Swim -3, Tumble -2, Use Magic Device +10
Possessions combat gear plus Artisan's Outfit (Free), Bedroll, Flint and steel, Handy Haversack (empty), Healing Belt, Money, Drum mwk, Belt Pouch (empty), Rope, hempen (50 ft.), Spell component pouch, Travel Cloak, Vest of Resistance +1
---------------------
Treewalk (Su): ((HD+5)/5)/day can enter a tree by touching it as a move action; once inside the tree, instantly transports to any other tree within 60 feet.
Bardic Knack (+2) (Ex) Use half class level in place of ranks for any skill check.
Bardic Music: Countersong Counter magical effects that depend on sound.
Bardic Music: Fascinate One or more creatures becomes fascinated with you.
Bardic Music: Healing Hymn (Sp) Add perf ranks as sacred/profane bon to Conj (heal) spells, concent max 2 min.
Bardic Music: Inspire Competence +2 competence bonus for one ally on a skill check.
Bardic Music: Inspire Courage +1 Morale bonus on some saving throws, attack and damage rolls.
Bardic Music: Soothing Voice (Su) As calm emotions within 30’ and language dependant. Diplomacy check against the targets will save.
Dragontouched Grants dragonblood subtype, other minor benefits.
Collector of Stories [Mental] [Skill Trick] (Ex) 1/encounter, +5 comp bon to Knowledge check for foe's power/weakness.
Draconic Heritage +2 You gain the listed bonus on saves vs sleep, paralysis.
Dragonfire Inspiration Add acid damage to your allies' attacks.
Lore (+8) Make a special Lore check to find out information.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Power Attack -3/+3 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Racial Skill Bonus You gain a bonus to some skills (already counted).
Subtype - Dragonblood Subtype for creatures with affinity for dragons.
Subtype - Elf Subtype for a set of humanoids who share a common origin and language.
Type - Humanoid Unless otherwise noted humanoids have these features.

Anias fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 15, 2016

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Okay is anyone still working on a character for this?

Submissions so far seem to look like:

code:
Player			Race					Class	
Piell			Dragonborn Warforged		Dragonfire Adept
Piell			Lesser Tiefling 		Battlemind 3 / Rogue 1
Bouquet			Forestlord Elf			Disciple
Bouquet			Human 				Hero
gradenko_2000		Human 				Crusader
senrath			Synad 				Psychic Warrior
Anias			Forestlord Half-Elf		Bardic Sage

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Can we just go with 5? My battlemind/rogue, Bouquet's Disciple, and gradenko_2000, senrath, and Anias seems like a decently balanced party.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
That does seem like a decent party. I have been super busy the last couple days, combined with having power go out recently. So I will try and get that thread up tonight.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I still intend to write a small backstory, but between work and a con (yes a second one, both of which stuck me with the Crud) I've been swamped.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Piell posted:

Can we just go with 5? My battlemind/rogue, Bouquet's Disciple, and gradenko_2000, senrath, and Anias seems like a decently balanced party.

Okay the game thread is up, and we are going with this party.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Since you guys are still in the tavern, if there's still space for a 6th member then I'd love to get in on this.

Working on a warmage now.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Boom Shakir-Laka
Gnomish Warmage

A local lad who has grown up serving Burne at the Castellan's Tower in Hommlet, he has been trained to serve as a fearsome battlemage should the forces of evil raise their heads in the area once more. In these peaceful times, he spends most of his efforts in his alchemy lab experimenting and creating various concoctions with his gnomish know-how.

Rufus and Burne, hearing of a new gaggle of adventurers in town already planning to make their name and seek fame and fortune, have sent Boom to accompany them and keep them out of trouble, ensuring that their efforts are aimed towards those who would seek to do harm to the people of Hommlet. As a loyal servant, they know they can rely on him to help avoid the troubles that adventurers sometimes bring with them and direct their energies in a productive way.

HP 32/32
+2 ATK (+5 RNGD, -1 MEL)
AC 21 (+3Dex, +1Size, +5 Armour, +2 Shield), Touch 14, Flatfooted 18
+5 Fort, +5 Refl, +5 Will
20 foot speed
Initiative +3
Lawful Neutral

Abilities

STR 4 (-3)
DEX 16 (+3)
CON 16 (+3)
INT 10
WIS 10
CHA 18 (+4)

Spells - 0th 6, 1st 7, 2nd 4

Gnome
Gnomish Spell-likes 1/day - Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Speak with Burrowing Mammal
+1 attack vs. Kobolds and Goblinoids
+2 Listen, +2 Craft Alchemy
+2 saves vs. Illusions
+4 AC vs. Giants
Low-Light Vision

Armoured Mage
Warmage Edge
(+4 damage to 1 spell per round)
Advanced Learning - Bigby's Tripping Hand

Feats
Versatile Spellcaster - Use 2 lower-level spell slots to cast a spell one level higher
Arcane Mastery - Take 10 on caster level checks

Skills
Concentration - 8 + 3 = 11
Craft Alchemy - 8 + 2 = 10
Knowledge: Local = 8
Knowledge: Nobility = 4

Inventory
Mithral Chain Shirt +1 (2100) +5AC (5lb)
Buckler +1 (1015) +2AC (2.5lb)
Vest of Resistance +1 (1000)
Small Masterwork Light Crossbow (335) 1d6 19-20/x2 (2lb)
Gnomish Crossbow Scope (400) - Increases range of above to 240"
50 bolts (5)
Small Longsword (15) 1d6 19-20/x2 (2lb)
Component pouch
Alchemist's Lab (in Hommlet)
30 gold

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 3, 2016

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

It's cool with me The Saurus! Maybe you overheard us and stop us to join in on the way out in the morning?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Fine by me.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I'm okay with it.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Bouquet posted:

It's cool with me The Saurus! Maybe you overheard us and stop us to join in on the way out in the morning?

I figured being a local who works for the town elders I could have been sent to help by serving as a guide in your noble quest to rid the area of fiends (as well as the unofficial job of making sure you aren't actually all evil cultist types)

Knowledge: local should hopefully be able to offer something to the group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
That picture and character name is too good. I'm all for it.

• Locked thread