Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm only here to get this going. So turbo me D1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm here, and rolePM recieved.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What the gently caress did I just read. What did I sign up to?
Is this a game of mafia or an experiment / puzzle you want to solve.

I 'm a backup, but you guys should just execute me to get me out of this theorycrafting session. cheers. ##Amoeba 102

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I don't want to vote you because I want out of theorycraft land.

Was this game always supposed to be a "het ley's just experiment with a setup to try and break it" or are some being loving with the mod?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well if you guys signed up to do that fine. I signed up to be turbo'd, so you could do me a favour.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

So when he was scum, he tried to prevent us from mass claiming on D1, and this time he's going for the mass claim on D1 and that makes you think he is scum? :what:

You're missing his point. Kashuno is saying that Scumpen spent a lot of time talking about claiming, and that' the sum total of his contribution so far.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

that's the sum of almost every single person's contributions so far. it doesn't matter. for the record, lumpen talked less about claiming last game.

That is true - the game skipped joke phase and went straight to claim theory.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

In the other game, he only brought it up because other people did first. And he specifically talked about it in ways that would prevent it happening. AKA, he was trying to prevent it for all of D1 and D2.

I get wanting to bring in meta, but this doesn't even fit. I think this is Kashuno doubling down on his bad vote and bad opinion and grasping at any straws to make it work.

Chalk it up to me not following the last game then.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

##vote Amoeba102

hosed up my vote before.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lumpen posted:

(and now Amoeba) getting all huffy and acting like it's an insult to Mafia is also pretty suspicious.

More like an insult to the mod. Much like lurking or shitposting is an insult to the mod putting effort into making the game, trying to break it in some way is the same thing. It's mostly the intent which is the insult. But that's kind of your thing, isn't it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

If Friction had responded to me by saying "please don't, this is my first game and I don't want that to happen" or the like before the game started, I would have backed down. But he wished us the best if we wanted to go that way so I don't think he cares. Honestly, he's probably excited that his thread is getting this much activity.

Yeah that's fine by me. And I came here to get the game started but die quickly.

King Burgundy posted:

And, what's even funnier about you saying this to Lumpen, is it's actually his setup. If anyone was going to take offense, I would think it would be him. :)

That's beside the point. Lumpen wants to test his setup I get that. If he wants to see if it's unbreakable, he should have games set up specifically for that purpose. Going into someone's game with the intent to break it is just disregarding the effort the mod puts in, regardless of whether they used a setup you made up or not.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lumpen posted:

The mod said it was fine and I created the setup! I am not trying to insult myself by breaking my own setup, because it is not breakable, and so trying to break it is a compliment not an insult.

Also this is all much better than a dumb jokephase and it is totally hot Mafia action and an exciting D1 with heavy posting velocity! The mod posted that he was having fun. I, for one, am already biting my nails!

It's not an insult to break the setup, it's an insult to break the setup and make the game moot. It's the making the game moot part which is the insult, but you're too focused on the glory of your setup to think of games that way.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's just myu opinion Jake. And it's not the claiming it's the intent. But w/e.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lumpen posted:

I'll respond to this as if you are Town and being sincere.
It in no way makes the game moot AT ALL. There is a ton of strategy and permutations and intricate interactions and headfakes and WIFOMing embedded deep deep beyond where even a D1 massclaim can go. The Versatile Backup mechanic is key. The setup is highly resistant to being "made moot". Look at the end of the BSG Nailbiter game. The Scumdoc is probably the best way.

That's because you think it's unbreakable because it's your glorious setup. Whether or not it is breakable, is not the point. You and others are experimenting on trying to break the setup, whether or not you believe it can be,. And my impression is that is that it's insulting to the mod and other players that didn't sign up for that. Personally, it doesn't affect me. And this discussion is not playing mafia either. I'm sorry I got into this.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's understandable to not read the game fully. If the posts you aren't reading are KK's.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'd vote KK if he weren't a claimed powerrole.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

His play seems suspicious to me (gut call) in the way he's reacted to stuff, but I'm not about to vote for an un-counterclaimed powerrole.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

kordansk posted:

No it's more than that. The post is a throwaway that doesn't give a read, and looks like an attempt to align with Town by not voting the claimed PR. It's just a weird post that fakes interaction. There's no read or anything.

It's an implicit read rather than an explicit one, I'll give you that.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

Counterclaim it yourself then you can vote for them

Sound plan.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

kordansk posted:

So it's a meta read? I haven't read any past games here, so I am just going off of posts in this game. The way you approached it as a way to just fake some interaction by going "well I don't like his style posting, but I really can't lynch him because he's a claimed PR..... so I will tell the thread that instead of just coming up with a read and a vote".

No I mean, me saying "I'd vote for KK" is implying that my only suspicion based on play would be KK, but I discount voting for him due to the setup and state of the game making it a very poor vote to make. It may not be related in a concise post, but I am a bit forlorn about this, frustrated a little bit even.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Why would you take Bird or Blacks votes seriously?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

blackcross posted:

I'm dead serious.

About which reason? That you both have the newbie avatar?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'd buy you two avatars if I had anything to use.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Kashuno posted:

i am actually the miller ##vote BS

Yeah, I get that this is a joke but it's in poor taste to muddy the waters.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I agree, voting for a backup is best. One of Tommunist/Chaoslord has to be a power, right or did I mess up counting. Maybe leave them alone and get a back up. I suggest you all vote with me.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

All powers are accounted for.

Ah, I went back and checked lumpen's coloured list, he had Birdie as a backup so I saw 5 green, and we have atleast 1 liar. That's what got me.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

That'd be the first thing a coach would tell them to do against a counter claim.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Take is as sarcasm or whatever. If you're assuming Aafter was coached, there'd be no way a coach would say "ignore the counter claim and stop posting". 100% coach says "vote them".
The narrative falls apart.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Khris Kruel posted:

you just loving said that the scum would use poison on them...they're not a hard target and you're reversing yourself

Lumpen hasn't held a consistent message for long in this game. To go all the way back to game break chat, this stood out the most.

Lumpen posted:

However, in the last Nailbiter it was suggested that a D1 massclaim breaks the game (in favor of Town) and I disagree. It was sort of agreed by several people that we'd test it out and see in the next Nailbiter. If anything, a massclaim D1 in this setup would make a Scum win impossible.

Disagrees about mass D1 claim breaking in favour of town, but also makes it impossible for scum. And then goes on elsewhere about his setup being unbreakable.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Not that it matters that much, I will definitely not be around at deadline tomorrow.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

##vote Birdstrike

I'd rather not have to think much about this thread today, since I really should be working. Especially since I have to make up for the day of work I'm missing tomorrow.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, change that to read the thread.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

KK, it's not my fault your argument was poo poo even if Aafter was scum.

##vote Aafter

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Khris Kruel posted:

any ideas who could be scum from the birdstrike lynch?

Kordansk for avoiding it entirely and voting Lumpen would be my first bet.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Can we just get Aafter hammered. If this is what we have in store for the next two days, just end it now.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Disappointed I am alive. NKers should have listened to KK and put me out of my misery.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You know, I keep forgetting Taste is in this game. Same goes for Tricky and Chaos.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Kordansk, can you go over again why you were after Lumpen D1 when we're in an open setup and he was a claimed power without there being a possible counterclaim?
I hope I haven't gotten the timing wrong of when the final backup claims came in, but I seriously don't know what you hoped to achieve with that.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I really don't follow with all these theorycrafting on night actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Only possible if someone is trolling the game.

• Locked thread