Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably the demos for the three Half Life games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

tumor looking batty posted:

after talking to my mom it was this op

win

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i set the max payne face as my profile pic on steam as well and sometimes people ask if thats actually me

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I don't think I played any video games on 9/11 but if I did it was probably the original SSX or FF8.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
My birthday is september 18th and I remember getting pokémon gold for my 8th birthday [2001] so I'm going to take a guess at something pre pokémon gold on the game boy, possibly tetris or mario & yoshi

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

i think it was probably red alert 2. they removed the terrorist and suicide truck from the game after 9/11 and changed the box art that depicted the towers on fire.

the terrorists were Cuban so I never saw the big deal but everyone was afraid of being offensive and poo poo.

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

The PSX port of Street Fighter Alpha 3. My buddy's train from Seattle got canceled so he had to take a bus and showed up 8 hours late into downtown Portland. So unpicked him up and then we played a bunch of Alpha 3. I played Ken and Karin. He was mostly a shoto player and stuck with Ryu and Akuma.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I remember playing Harvest Moon 64 and tending to my cows. Possibly some Smash Bros later in the evening.

i don't remember tbh

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Almost certainly Diablo 2.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Almost certainly Diablo 2.

this too

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Tfc counter strike Diablo 2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I don't remember but probably some Half-Life mod of some sort

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"was diablo 2 how our generation coped with 9/11?"

i jot down on piece of paper labeled medium.com thinkpiece

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

either majora's mask, pokemon silver or paper mario probably

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I don't remember playing any games but I do remember reading the Evangelion manga. Possibly Final Fantasy 6.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Probably something for N64 but I don't remember. I do remember it was during standardized testing and I went to my locker for some reason. My friend whose locker was next to mine said something like "Hey some people flew airplanes into the world trade center" and a girl next to us said "Yeah and nobody cares," closed her locker, and walked off. Yup, no one cared. She was absolutely right.

Edit: Actually it might have been a Dreamcast game. I think I had it by then. I SHOULD have been playing Tech Romancer or Shenmue if I was smart.

Dr.Radical fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 17, 2016

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Microsoft flight simulator, obviously.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

one and two are real good

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Caithness posted:

Possibly Final Fantasy 6.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i have no idea what i played maybe conker's bad fur day or some poo poo

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

probably Age of Empires 2.

this

my morning jackass posted:

i think it was probably red alert 2. they removed the terrorist and suicide truck from the game after 9/11 and changed the box art that depicted the towers on fire.

the terrorists were Cuban so I never saw the big deal but everyone was afraid of being offensive and poo poo.

or this
and i dont remember they removing either of these units

qnqnx fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 17, 2016

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Cuban inside of the towers the 9/11: "Adios amigo"

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

qnqnx posted:

this

or this
and i dont remember they removing either of these units

I was incorrect, they just took any information about them off their website for a while.

Terrorists+flak track+iron curtain ftw

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I was on my way to work when it happened but when I got home I probably played some team fortress classic, hunted only server. possibly vanilla hldm

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I might have actually played Crimson Skies (the PC version) which was a cool game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was playing Pokemon

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I fell out of the guard tower!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I vividly remember going home as soon as school was over, to play Sega Bass Fishing, trying to reel in my lost innocence.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

after talking to my mom it was this op

See I kinda thought this at first, but the PS2 version didn't come out until December of 2001 according to Wikipedia, so I was probably playing an earlier released PS2 game like Smugglers Run.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Maybe Summoner or Orphen: Scion of Sorcery. I had a lot of pretty bad games in the early PS2 days.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We should have a tasteful Twitch thon of every game mentioned in this thread with some thoughts and reflections sent in from some various Pimp Zoners about how gaming helped them cope with a post-9/11 world.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I definitely eased the pain in November 2001 with Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Milennium 2001 on the PS2. I bought it because I saw Benimaru had hair like a super saiyan in the Official Playstation Magazine screenshots and decided to buy it over Guilty Gear X as a result

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

We should have a tasteful Twitch thon of every game mentioned in this thread with some thoughts and reflections sent in from some various Pimp Zoners about how gaming helped them cope with a post-9/11 world.

An marathon of early 00s games would kick rear end.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Hell, I'm in.

b0ner of doom
Mar 17, 2006
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Baal and Final Fantasy X

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
hard to be broken up about a terrorist attack when youv got one of the greatest gbc games of all time in your backpack haha

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

hard to be broken up about a terrorist attack when youv got one of the greatest gbc games of all time in your backpack haha

lol

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

qnqnx posted:

Cuban inside of the towers the 9/11: "Adios amigo"

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

Oh yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol!! But seriously, everybody- This.

• Locked thread