Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!! Muslim terrorists destroyed the World Trade Center and killed thousands. This is an outrage. Now our country's at war in Afghanistan! I can hardly believe it. Wait, what's that? Over there. What's that?

Haha, okay boys. You run off and play with your little War On Terror. All I'm concerned about now is the War On My loving Wallet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

hard to be broken up about a terrorist attack when youv got one of the greatest gbc games of all time in your backpack haha

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!! Muslim terrorists destroyed the World Trade Center and killed thousands. This is an outrage. Now our country's at war in Afghanistan! I can hardly believe it. Wait, what's that? Over there. What's that?

Haha, okay boys. You run off and play with your little War On Terror. All I'm concerned about now is the War On My loving Wallet!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

like half of eternal darkness was gonna take place in the middle east and then 9/11 happened and the devs had to scramble to pretty much change the whole game months before release

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

#StartTheFight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If Halo had come out just two months earlier, 9/11 could have been prevented because terrorists would have struck an Xbox when trying to attack the Twin Towers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Black Baby Goku posted:

#StartTheFight

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

#StartTheFight

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

If Halo had come out just two months earlier, 9/11 could have been prevented because terrorists would have struck an Xbox when trying to attack the Twin Towers

Lol- the classic Xbox was so huge.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Teacher: a plane has hit the World Trade Center

*sound effect from back of class room* Mama Mia!

Teacher: a second plane has just hit the other tower

*sound effect from back of classroom* yah.. Wah... Yahooooo!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Takeoff would be prevented by someone dropping an Xbox controller on the tarmac

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Little did I know, on 9/11, that a little band called animal collective would be creating the album of the century, "Feels" in Brooklyn a mere 5 years later.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Exclusive footage of the first original Xbox being delivered to the United States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M01RmcKsm2k

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Black Baby Goku posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Exclusive footage of the first original Xbox being delivered to the United States

lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I remember the time my fifth grade teacher was talking to the class about the DC snipers and he got interrupted by the GBA startup noise

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember the time my fifth grade teacher was talking to the class about the DC snipers and he got interrupted by the GBA startup noise

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

President George W. Bush, wearing a flight suit, standing on the deck of an aircraft carrier under a banner reading "FISSION MAILED"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lol. I was a junior in high school and we had a trip to DC that almost got cancelled because of that

EDIT: Senior actually

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

HolePisser1982 posted:

hard to be broken up about a terrorist attack when youv got one of the greatest gbc games of all time in your backpack haha

lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

Lol. I was a junior in high school and we had a trip to DC that almost got cancelled because of that

I was a sophomore and I remember thinking how cool he was to snipe people haha, just a twisted teenagers thoughts though..

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lol my typing class teach talked about it a bit and how you can see their heads get blown off in the footage and it was really graphic and then we played the UT04 demo

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Reporter: Is is true when the gunman fired, the bullet was deflected by a copy of the Holy Bible in your shirt pocket, saving your life?

Me: myeah....... a bible......... ..

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I remember still be hyped for the dreamcasts release later that year on 4/20/1999 when Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, murdered 12 students and one teacher and also injured 21 additional people. The graphics were sick and the launch line up looked great, I remember bringing game informers and EGM to school to show them how sweet sonic adventure looked.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I remember still be hyped for the dreamcasts release later that year on 4/20/1999 when Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, murdered 12 students and one teacher and also injured 21 additional people. The graphics were sick and the launch line up looked great, I remember bringing game informers and EGM to school to show them how sweet sonic adventure looked.

Lol

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Maybe Summoner or Orphen: Scion of Sorcery. I had a lot of pretty bad games in the early PS2 days.

Orphen was really bad lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At a summer camp where I took a one day mini course on web design I used the time to make a Top 10 Video Games of All Time List!! By Me, Age 10
and I don't remember the list except for #2 was Sonic Adventure and #1 was Sonic Adventure 2.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Human Grand Prix posted:

Orphen was really bad lol.

It sucked the fat one

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

At a summer camp where I took a one day mini course on web design I used the time to make a Top 10 Video Games of All Time List!! By Me, Age 10
and I don't remember the list except for #2 was Sonic Adventure and #1 was Sonic Adventure 2.

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Good taste.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seung-Hui Cho (/sʌŋ hiː tʃoʊ/; January 18, 1984 – April 16, 2007) was a South Korean mass murderer who killed 32 people and wounded 17 others on April 16, 2007, at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. I remember this day vividly because I was in college and was playing the fourth installment in The Elder Scrolls action fantasy video game series, following The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and preceding The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Oblivion! From the fantastic voice acting, the millions of choices, and the realistic A.I! It was like I was in a living breathing world for the first time ever in a video game. My character and I were one in the same, and I trained him to the best of my ability.

Around 7:15 a.m. EDT (11:15 UTC) on April 16, 2007, Cho killed two students, Emily J. Hilscher and Ryan C. "Stack" Clark, on the fourth floor of West Ambler Johnston Hall, a high-rise co-educational dormitory.[49] Investigators later determined that Cho's shoes matched a blood-stained print found in the hallway outside Hilscher's room. The shoes and bloody jeans were found in Cho's dormitory room where he had stashed them after the attack.

Within the next two and a half hours, Cho returned to his room to rearm himself; he mailed a package to NBC News that contained pictures, digital video files and documents. At approximately 9:45 a.m. EDT (13:45 UTC), he then crossed the campus to Norris Hall, a classroom building on the campus where, in a span of nine minutes, Cho shot dozens of people, killing 30 of them. As police breached the area of the building where Cho attacked the faculty and students, Cho committed suicide in Norris 211 with a gunshot to his temple. Cho's gunshot wound destroyed his face, obscuring identification of his body for several hours. The police identified Cho by matching the fingerprints on the guns used in the shootings with immigration records. Before the shootings, Cho's only known connection to Norris Hall was as a student in the sociology class, which met in a classroom on the second floor of the building. Although police had not stated positively at the time of the initial investigation that Cho was the perpetrator of the Norris Hall shootings and the earlier one at West Ambler Johnston Hall, forensic evidence confirmed that the same gun was used in both shooting incidents.

It is still unclear whether or not Cho had played Oblivion, either on a personal computer or the Xbox 360 platform.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I spent my study hall period in 10th grade 100%ing Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on the GBC including the Lost Levels

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Seung-Hui Cho (/sʌŋ hiː tʃoʊ/; January 18, 1984 – April 16, 2007) was a South Korean mass murderer who killed 32 people and wounded 17 others on April 16, 2007, at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. I remember this day vividly because I was in college and was playing the fourth installment in The Elder Scrolls action fantasy video game series, following The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and preceding The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Oblivion! From the fantastic voice acting, the millions of choices, and the realistic A.I! It was like I was in a living breathing world for the first time ever in a video game. My character and I were one in the same, and I trained him to the best of my ability.

Around 7:15 a.m. EDT (11:15 UTC) on April 16, 2007, Cho killed two students, Emily J. Hilscher and Ryan C. "Stack" Clark, on the fourth floor of West Ambler Johnston Hall, a high-rise co-educational dormitory.[49] Investigators later determined that Cho's shoes matched a blood-stained print found in the hallway outside Hilscher's room. The shoes and bloody jeans were found in Cho's dormitory room where he had stashed them after the attack.

Within the next two and a half hours, Cho returned to his room to rearm himself; he mailed a package to NBC News that contained pictures, digital video files and documents. At approximately 9:45 a.m. EDT (13:45 UTC), he then crossed the campus to Norris Hall, a classroom building on the campus where, in a span of nine minutes, Cho shot dozens of people, killing 30 of them. As police breached the area of the building where Cho attacked the faculty and students, Cho committed suicide in Norris 211 with a gunshot to his temple. Cho's gunshot wound destroyed his face, obscuring identification of his body for several hours. The police identified Cho by matching the fingerprints on the guns used in the shootings with immigration records. Before the shootings, Cho's only known connection to Norris Hall was as a student in the sociology class, which met in a classroom on the second floor of the building. Although police had not stated positively at the time of the initial investigation that Cho was the perpetrator of the Norris Hall shootings and the earlier one at West Ambler Johnston Hall, forensic evidence confirmed that the same gun was used in both shooting incidents.

It is still unclear whether or not Cho had played Oblivion, either on a personal computer or the Xbox 360 platform.

Super Tsarnaev Bros.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
around the age of 12 I firmly believed that toejam and earl was the best game ever and I still believe this was true at the time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Something Awful created a parody "CliffsNotes" entry describing Richard McBeef.[147]

• Locked thread