Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember playing Harvest Moon 64 and tending to my cows. Possibly some Smash Bros later in the evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everquest

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got picked up early from school so i got extra time for donkey kong country 2 :D

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

probably Age of Empires 2.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't remember but by coincidence I first played Chrono Trigger on 1/1/2000 :cool:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Pokemon Crystal. I kinda wanted to play Paper Mario because I was halfway through Bowsers Castle but my parents were using both TVs to watch the news.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
it was probably brood war but all anyone could think about was the upcoming release of the ps2 and with it, mgs2

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gran Turismo 3.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

apropos to nothing posted:

it was probably brood war but all anyone could think about was the upcoming release of the ps2 and with it, mgs2

You guys didn't get the PS2 in late 2000?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dont think i played anything. i wasnt really into gaming until fairly recently. i had a ps1 though so maybe ... if i did play a game it was probably final fantasy 8 or 9

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I was still playing MGS at that point too.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

lesbian baphomet posted:

probably Age of Empires 2.

ditto

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
most likely diablo 2 or TFC

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I don't remember OP I think I was still waiting for the GameCube to come out. Prolly some N64 game

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i wish i knew, OP. i wish i knew. :911:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Almost certainly Diablo 2.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this thread jogged a memory of going into a D2 loot run with a name along the lines of "$%^& THE TERRORISTS." and having similar chats in TFC public games later on.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

probably counter strike

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I can't quite remember, I might've been grounded at the time. I do remember playing a lot of Oracle of ages as soon as school started though, probably that.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

gently caress I really wished I remember now, there's like a gap in my gaming memory between like DonkeyKong 64 and GTA3 coming out maybe like Mario kart super circuit on GBA? Idk.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

probably counter strike

terrorists win

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:D

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

gently caress I really wished I remember now, there's like a gap in my gaming memory between like DonkeyKong 64 and GTA3 coming out maybe like Mario kart super circuit on GBA? Idk.

I'm drawing a blank as to what was released between like June- Early September 2001.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

driver 2 i think

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Some Pokemon game probably idk I was in kindergarten

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

pokemon is good for all ages

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Oh definitely ATV off-road fury for sure

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

majora's

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my mum: terrorists have hijacked 2 passenger aircraft and have atruck the twin towers killing thousands
me, sitting in a small australian suburb: where the hell is dragonball?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I don't remember gaming that day but I do remember reading a book about the second-generation Pokemon at school that morning. Not like a strategy guide to the games or anything but like an encyclopedia listing all the Pokemon new to G/S and a bunch of in-universe facts about them. I was insanely in love with Gold Version so I probably actually played it at some point, too, but I don't remember.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
we were playing kamikaze and when my friend would mimic a explosion sound we heard the explosion on the news inside

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I don't remember gaming that day but I do remember reading a book about the second-generation Pokemon at school that morning. Not like a strategy guide to the games or anything but like an encyclopedia listing all the Pokemon new to G/S and a bunch of in-universe facts about them. I was insanely in love with Gold Version so I probably actually played it at some point, too, but I don't remember.

The Official Pokemon Handbook. I got both of those at my elementary school's book fair. I also had those Pokemon books that were like Where's Waldo.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Half-Life or Pokemon Silver probably.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i don't remember

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I was in programming class grade 11 I think and I was done with my assigment so I was making a game where hobos fight each other and you bet on them

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Crash Bandicoot: Warped

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The Official Pokemon Handbook. I got both of those at my elementary school's book fair. I also had those Pokemon books that were like Where's Waldo.

That's the one. Googling reveals that it was #3. I also got it at a book fair and one of my bastard classmates tried to steal it but he didn't do a good enough job of erasing my name on the inside of the cover so he had to give it back. Then like two hours later 9/11 happened.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ccouldn't play game because my mom took me and my sister to my grandma's so we could hide out because she thought money wasn't going to be worth anything anymore. if i could it would have been either chrono cross or dq1/2 (gbc version, natch)

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

after talking to my mom it was this op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

tumor looking batty posted:

after talking to my mom it was this op

Lol. Mom's 9/11 Scrapbook

• Locked thread