Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
HAHAHA, the gospel song/dance.

Edit: even Whoopi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
WHOOPI

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
So sad if this was Nicole and Gethard's last appearance. On the other hand, I can't wait to see where Ilana ends up next.

also I loving knew Trey would have a Zach Braff autograph in his locker the moment he opened it. This show's callback game is insane.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh, Ilana, no. Not Ebaumsworld.
I love how for three seasons she's been portrayed as this super with-it character who's on top of everything in social media but as soon as she's in charge of a twitter account her only ideas to bring attention to it are Salad Fingers and Mr. Hands.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Anyone have a least favorite episode? I'd have to go with the season 2 premiere if someone put a gun to my head.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Gaunab posted:

Anyone have a least favorite episode? I'd have to go with the season 2 premiere if someone put a gun to my head.

I might be alone in not being particularly fond of "Knockoffs." Mostly for the way they dismissed Jeremy, going from being Abbi's unattainable crush mostly unphased by her bizarre behavior, to actually sleeping with and sharing his kink with her, to big fat jerk calling her an idiot because she ruined his expensive sex toy and he wouldn't accept a knockoff. And while Ilana's mom was fun, I just found her way too cliche a character to be her mom.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I see your point, but I'm glad they resolved that ongoing plot fair and square rather than it just being an ongoing constant. I enjoyed that episode.

Completely unrelated, but I think Broad City at this point deserves an award for the sheer amount of blurred nudity. It has to be a Guinness World Record holder by now.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

I see your point, but I'm glad they resolved that ongoing plot fair and square rather than it just being an ongoing constant. I enjoyed that episode.

Completely unrelated, but I think Broad City at this point deserves an award for the sheer amount of blurred nudity. It has to be a Guinness World Record holder by now.

Also most dildos and most mentions of pubes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Give it all the awards!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I love how Ilana's coworkers knew she was going to sing that "I poo poo" song when she was in the bathroom.

I love Vanessa Williams doing it even more.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Abbi's rear end is on point.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

OmegaBR posted:

I might be alone in not being particularly fond of "Knockoffs." Mostly for the way they dismissed Jeremy, going from being Abbi's unattainable crush mostly unphased by her bizarre behavior, to actually sleeping with and sharing his kink with her, to big fat jerk calling her an idiot because she ruined his expensive sex toy and he wouldn't accept a knockoff. And while Ilana's mom was fun, I just found her way too cliche a character to be her mom.

This. Is the Happiest Day. OF. MY. LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!! made it one of the best, to me.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

OmegaBR posted:

That's strange for me since it was the first episode I saw, and the one that got me into this show. You're right though, Ilana's mom was the only thing that got me hesitating watching more. If she was an every-episode character it'd really put a damper on the show as a whole. My least favorite episode was probably the one before this one. Abby pretending to be Ilana didn't do as much for me as everyone else here. Ilana and Lincoln's scenes were great, but I found the scenes in the co-op to be 90's sitcom awkward.

This episode though was incredible. Ilana's bizarre attitude paying off and then quickly backfiring once she was actually put in charge of something was so, so great.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Last week's opening with the kids and basketball foreshadowed this episode :aaaaa:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

This season is making me realize that I'm more of an Abbi guy. Also, I just remembered that my sister went to high school with the guy that plays Trey.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Ilana's bike helmet

and

"Would you rather I go back to only black guy?"

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Came to lament the lack of Bevers in the OP.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
What's that smell? New Broad City.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So my best sandwich work to date

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Liked this episode but I hope this show doesn't fall into the workaholics type of humor where it relies on second hand embarrassment and gross-outs. Also Abbi and Ilana's time together has been lacking.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Not every episode can be transcendent.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Anyone know the song that played during Ilana's weed scrounge up?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

No. 9 posted:

Anyone know the song that played during Ilana's weed scrounge up?
Sounds like Reggie Watts.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 10, 2016

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
It's this: https://soundcloud.com/zebrakatz/sets/zebra-katz-x-kashaka-marijuana

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I wish the basket had been from Jaime's parents :(

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Abbi's story felt a little tacked-on and undeveloped, but I guess that was because Jaime kinda fell into the Abbi role with Ilana this week. The best gag to me was Lincoln's hors d'oeuvres served on a Frisbee or a pair of fake tits.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I agree that the most recent episode was a little disjointed, and Abbi's Tinder joke was weak, but I saw it as setting things up for the future. I'd be very surprised if Abbi and Trey's kiss wasn't followed up on, and I think Jaime's parents might just crop up someday as well.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

umm abby is already on tinder and was last season at least before the dog wedding episode--she mentions how she is "so much better on tinder"

my continuity

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Is the 'I poo poo/bike/tweet' song based on a particular song?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Heads up, folks, the Hillary Clinton episode is the next episode. It certainly sounds like a Broad City plot.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

FYI, Ilana made a 3-part miniseries called "Time Travelling Bong" starring herself and Trey from BC, which premieres on 4/20 right after the BC finale.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/broad-citys-ilana-glazer-details-new-comedy-central-series-time-traveling-bong-518775

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I need to look at the intro again.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I know you from your rear end better than from your face.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Alan Alda. Nice.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
hillary :jerkbag:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Well then!

Not the worst presidential candidate cameo I've ever seen.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Gaunab posted:

Alan Alda. Nice.

He's a miracle worker.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

FYI, Ilana made a 3-part miniseries called "Time Travelling Bong" starring herself and Trey from BC, which premieres on 4/20 right after the BC finale.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/broad-citys-ilana-glazer-details-new-comedy-central-series-time-traveling-bong-518775
Appropriate that the season finale ends on that day. Between those two shows and the possible Western release of Mother 3, this could very well be the best 4/20 ever.

My sister went to high school with Trey (Paul W. Downs). He's also in a new Netflix series, but I forgot the name of it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I pegged

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Gonna need a gif of Ilana's reaction to finding out she wasn't getting paid.

By the way if you google Lincoln Rice his official Google picture is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Majorian posted:

Well then!

Not the worst presidential candidate cameo I've ever seen.

Would've been perfect if she started dancing with the inflatable tube woman

• Locked thread