Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

have seen that done successfully before. was both amazed and horrified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'm guessing you're not supposed to crush the ribs. How strong is a rabbit ribcage?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's kind of hard to put in relative terms. They're pretty flexible but get them at the wrong angle and they crunch pretty easy.

The skin is creepily easy to pull off a dead rabbit though. Which is good because the meat kind of... sours pretty quick.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If only time machines existed and the instructor made the sobbing Lt nurse do that instead of having her skin the dead bun bun.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Ugh, my group had a retard future SERE instructor so he wanted to show how gung-ho he was and kept volunteering for everything and trying to do it all himself. Except rationing his food, he somehow ran out a day before we done in the field and was begging from everyone, even other groups when we ran into them.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Godholio posted:

I'm guessing you're not supposed to crush the ribs. How strong is a rabbit ribcage?

The problem with the squeeze-the-guts-out approach is it's easy to burst the gut and wind up with a rabbit carcass filled with poo poo and tainted meat.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's kind of what I was thinking about. Bone shards seem like a great way to perforate everything. I guess swinging it over your head like a buzz saw signal is the way to go. Or even better, tie your glow stick to it and do both.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That can't be a rabbit only thing right

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
One of my dad's stories about going through SF's SERE was being dropped off in the middle of the woods with a single chicken to survive for a certain amount of time. When you were picked up you had to have the chickens feet to prove that you killed and ate it. My dad figured he'd save the chicken for a couple days later and tied it with 550 cord around its foot to a tree. When he woke up the chicken was gone. So of course now he's worried about not having chicken feet with him when he gets picked up so he spent the better part of the morning hunting that drat chicken down. Eventually he found it and secured it better to the tree until it was time to eat it.

The way they were taught to kill it was to place a stick over it's head on the ground, stand on the stick to either side of its head and then grab it by the feet and then yank the body upward to decapitate it. Can't remember if he said anything else about dressing the chicken.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I killed the rabbit by swinging down on the back of its neck up towards the skull using a hefty stick. Quick and humane.

Now the Intel dude who dispatched goose whipped that motherfucker from the neck.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm picturing someone grabbing a goose or chicken or whatever by the neck and spinning around until the body goes flying off into the distance like a shot put.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You can google it. It's a quick snap using the goose's body as a weight to force the neck break.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
never been to sere school, but i once snatched a pigeon out of the air by the neck as it was flying around my room and strangled it to death

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

I killed the rabbit by swinging down on the back of its neck up towards the skull using a hefty stick. Quick and humane.

That's what we were taught as well. When you hold it upside down by the feet, don't let them touch...the rabbit will flip the gently caress out if its feet are pinned together but ours calmed down immediately when they were separated by the guy's finger.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

not caring here posted:

That's kind of hard to put in relative terms. They're pretty flexible but get them at the wrong angle and they crunch pretty easy.

The skin is creepily easy to pull off a dead rabbit though. Which is good because the meat kind of... sours pretty quick.

I remember when I was doing cadet survival training at USAFA, our instructor made a hand puppet out of the rabbit skin and made it talk.

"You're so mean! Why did you kill me?"

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea7XIUuj7ag

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

holocaust bloopers posted:

You can google it. It's a quick snap using the goose's body as a weight to force the neck break.

Still picturing Shot Put by Quentin Tarantino.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

One group of fuckups on the little survival phase I did got given a live possum in a sack. The stick they tried to stun it with was rotten, so they held the sack in the river until it stopped moving.:wtc: So much for humane despatch.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Mar 4, 2016

MeatForBones
Jul 9, 2012

Mustang posted:

The way they were taught to kill it was to place a stick over it's head on the ground, stand on the stick to either side of its head and then grab it by the feet and then yank the body upward to decapitate it. Can't remember if he said anything else about dressing the chicken.

We were taught just to pull its head straight off, then dip it in water so it's easier to de feather. Then remove innards like you would any poultry before cracking it open like butterfly chicken.
Instructor also showed us how to 'hypnotise' the chicken by drawing a line in the dirt in front of it.
Highlight of the class was someone wanting to kill the chicken in accordance with the Koran, cue him trying to slit its throat with the bluntest knife ever seen, no amount of hypnotism made that chicken calm down.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Jaguars! posted:

One group of fuckups on the little survival phase I did got given a live possum in a sack. The stick they tried to stun it with was rotten, so they held the sack in the river until it stopped moving.:wtc: So much for humane despatch.

If it's good enough for hookers, it's good enough for a possum.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/green_lemonnn/status/705664132012449792
https://twitter.com/green_lemonnn/status/704783796114202626
https://twitter.com/green_lemonnn/status/705046421054070784
https://twitter.com/Hamosh84/status/704047405914836992

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So it turns out Neo's a pretty good shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cYDsVamQqU&t=189s

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

TheMightyZang posted:

We were taught just to pull its head straight off, then dip it in water so it's easier to de feather. Then remove innards like you would any poultry before cracking it open like butterfly chicken.
Instructor also showed us how to 'hypnotise' the chicken by drawing a line in the dirt in front of it.
Highlight of the class was someone wanting to kill the chicken in accordance with the Koran, cue him trying to slit its throat with the bluntest knife ever seen, no amount of hypnotism made that chicken calm down.

I want to know more about each of these statements.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b_YQgfa7OA

Did DARPA hire the guy behind the glorious Russian Shipping Container of Death drone?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Couldn't have been. No escape dirt bikes.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

MeatForBones
Jul 9, 2012

Godholio posted:

I want to know more about each of these statements.

First off it wasn't part of a full SERE course it was an 'interest' lesson by a guy who'd spent all his time in Belize as a jungle warfare instructor. The chicken killing bit was pretty straightforward he just said this is the best way to do it and popped it's head off. Don't think he even twisted just pulled it clean off ; to be fair that seemed to work. The dunking it in water he said made it easier to pull the feathers out, but having tried both it didn't seem to help just meant you were pulling wet clumps out instead of dry.
The thing he did hypnotising them seemed like a bit of a sideshow, like he'd seen it done and just wanted to show us. He planted the the chicken down and held it there whilst it struggled, then he just drew a line in the dirt with his finger and it starts watching him, after he does it a few times it just goes calm and lies there still looking at the line in the ground, (that was about the time he pulled its head off).
The last bit was after the demo when it was our turn and one guy said he could only eat the chicken if it was halal, he said he had worked in his dad's butchers and knew how to do it so it would be fine. The instructor wasn't too happy but what's he going to do, he decided to spin it into a sort of extra learning experience tells everyone to watch so we know how to do it.
Guy pulls out a lovely Swiss army knife knock off and holding the chicken upside down just starts haphazardly sawing at its neck. Thing loses it's poo poo and starts making hosed up noises, escapes his grasp and flaps around dying for a few minutes before getting it's head pulled off.

I don't think I would be much better in a survival situation or working at a halal butchers after this.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Sounds like you have some idea of what not to do now :v:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Spot what's wrong here (you'll have to zoom in)

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TheMightyZang posted:

Guy pulls out a lovely Swiss army knife knock off and holding the chicken upside down just starts haphazardly sawing at its neck. Thing loses it's poo poo and starts making hosed up noises, escapes his grasp and flaps around dying for a few minutes before getting it's head pulled off.

sounds like every beheading video ive seen

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Zeris posted:

Spot what's wrong here (you'll have to zoom in)

iphone earbuds?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Hot Karl Marx posted:

iphone earbuds?

Front row, second from right, taking "at ease" a little too literally.

Edit - well, poo poo, there's a couple more like that too.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Hot Karl Marx posted:

iphone earbuds?

Yeah

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's just someone who figured out how far behind the speaker's 3-9 line and how deep in the crowd you have to be to avoid hiding how little you give a gently caress. Bad luck there was a camera though.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
http://i.imgur.com/RBnhrqJ.gifv

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:kimchi:

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT