Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Buca di Bepis posted:

Highway of Death did a comeback tour for 2016 y'all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjXFGGqX7lw

Listening to Primal Scream while watching that was pretty nice. Also love that the German synopsis uses the term "Vernichtung" :hitler:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

They need to knock that poo poo off

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Includes a segment of Ligeti's Lux Aeterna, my personal soundtrack for the nuclear apocalypse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iVYu5lyX5M

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

The M88 is a thing of brute magnificent power. Working one is probably the only armour job I'd be willing to take.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

So what you're telling me is white people are dumb?

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

El Scorpio is readyyyyy

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I wonder why they're not presenting the turbine fan blades in the engine nacelles? I thought those were a pretty important part of RCS?

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Shame nobody tell pilot. Is the great hero.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

And it's not even the biggest they made :catdrugs:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Suce-moi mon queue de l'arrière.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Supposedly recovered in Idlib.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I still can't get over that you don't use the loving QCB version that always headspaces right. God dammit.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Future payloads will just be a 14 ton weight marked 'ACME'

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

...is it that different from the Carl Gustav tbh?

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Are you loving telling me nobody died from that?! :staredog:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Another acceptable answer: "Distinguished Masturbation Medal."

(Left-Handed Device available)

Awarded for valorous combat jerk

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

subterfudge posted:

The Carl Gustav rocks you pretty hard when you fire it. Shoot a few rounds and you just feel tired for the rest of the day. We were told that it was medically recommended to only shoot like 5-6 rounds in one day but we didn't really follow that.

Most I've shot in one day is about 40 as a loader and about 15 as a gunner. I had a bitching headache the entire evening.

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

yeh but you got to shoot a carl gustav i bet that thing is fuckin sick

That's just the beginning of it. You think you know loud. The only thing I ever encountered that was louder was standing some 60-70 meters away from 155mm arty firing. If those things didn't have barrels to somewhat dampen the gases coming out and instead just farted the pressure out the back I have no idea how loud they would be.

Fun Charlie Gutsache fact: there's a fat rubber ring right at the end of the rear bell. That's not a protection against it denting against something. That thing is a loving vibration dampener. If you fire the CG a few times without it, the vibration from the explosion will literally cause it to go out of spec because of the wear induced :blastu:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Pew pew pew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUvcdKGD-FM

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Volunteering for that poo poo is usually the smart move in my book. Takes the drama out of it for later and you don't have to get it done on you by some schmuck who's taking a medic course because it's on his course plan for advancement.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I mean I know it's getting old and all but... WITNESSED! :staredog:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Make sure you ask the Panzer of the lake for its wisdom.

"World hard and cold... infantry soft and warm"

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

It's not like you have that much of a bearing on your gun going over on ladder in any case. And speed is worth a lot. Going up there alone, on the other hand, now that is a big loving nope from me.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

The best Mussolini thing happening lately was when a black football player stood upside down in front of fascist fans from the opposite team after they lobbed racist jeers his way.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

...and he ain't gonna jump no mo-o-ore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Couple gun YouTubers that do high-speed camera shots shot a bunch of RPGs/recoilless rifles to a) demonstrate the effects of backblasts and b) get some sweet high-speed footage of controlled explosions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZaNtK1l8cI

I've loaded and shot hundreds of 84 mil rounds up through the years and watching him grasp the bell end when closing the breech is puckering. Wish they'd gotten genuine loads, especially the illumination rounds - even while the other rounds are earth-shattering, the illumination rounds bring it up another notch :catstare: Fortunately they're usually shot standing as a peloton ("Team One - fire! *counts down 25 seconds* "Team Two fire!" etc.) so you get more venting of gas and you don't get the percussive effect on your body. Hell of a bang though. Would've loved to see that poo poo in 3000fps, especially with the quiver test (put an empty 84mm quiver about five metres behind the gun when firing - it's fiber-reinforced polymer and strong as anything, and gets blown into smithereens, thereby inspiring recruits to Respect The Backblast and inciting the very good safety record in service, with no major injuries or deaths that come to mind. Unlike a certain unfortunate ANA runner during a hectic situation a few years back.)

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If I understand their interpretation correctly, it turns out you should be very careful with refurbished/resleeved launchers and choose your boosters equally carefully.

I wouldn't fire any kind of refurbished launcher if you gave me a two-story house with a heated workshop.