Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

MrYenko posted:

I'm the guy loading mags from loose cartridges under fire, while using my buddy as cover while he bleeds out.

He might've been able to save himself some time if he checked homeboy for some already loaded mags. Though I'm betting since that video is online his fate was shortly after homeboy's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
Until that picture is topped, all other unit photos are poo poo. You and your buddies on a TOP SECRET//SAP//SMDFTB high speed low drag mission taking a photo in front of a Toyota Hilux in some Mad Maxian piece of poo poo part of earth can suck a fat dick compared to their's.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Bolow posted:

Looks like an MP7?

Looks more like a B&T SMG ACP9 due to the magazine in front of the pistol grip

https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/category/bt-apc9apc45

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

ded posted:

It's removed. :(

ATGM Homie got a 5th strike from the same shooting position as the first three at dismounted Syrian soldiers along the same wall

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Man, dude almost got killed before he could make it to die in Ukraine

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

I still don't understand if that is him trying to "teach" his technique or if it is parody delivered so poorly that it comes across as authentic.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
It's probably to keep the tripod on the ground since I'm not seeing any sandbags and the whole system looks pretty light.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

not caring here posted:

I think I worded that poorly. What I meant was rangers being the worst pick of what you could dig up at JSOC, not that all of JSOC sucks.

But it seems seals get an even worse rap, but I've never met a seal except for dudes whose uncle is totally a seal bro.

All I know about seals is what the green beanies I work with have said, basically nothing good. Seals are notorious in the SOF community for lack of planning abilities, usually having outside organizations or higher HQ make their plans. Additionally US SF was given the option to go on Operation Red Wings and they said "nope, super dangerous with no comms, we'll sit this one out". On the plus side seals are well known for their ability to handle some serious suck thanks to their training pipeline

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Hey, I used to shoot there. The King Abdullah Special Operations Training Center is a kickass training site. All sorts of shoot houses, ranges, and even a live fire village. The King is all about special operations, which I guess when you're military is kinda small and doesn't have any full blown state adversaries on the border isn't a horrible decision.

The lovely thing is on the other side of that quarry wall is the Jordanian Special Operations Command and their training sites. I say lovely because once a month they would do a graduation exercise of one of their spec ops units. This graduation exercise would involve MD-500 mini-gun runs (with blanks), an air assault, and a live fire spend-ex for about 3 minutes. They also would rehearse it live for a few days beforehand. Basically, don't be outside during the spend-ex since it was not uncommon for us to hear our building get hit (sounded like hail) or find relatively intact rounds on the road leading to our buildings. Of course they did all of this without informing us of the exact times.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Syncopated posted:

Bit of a stretch surely? Though apparently they signed a peace treaty with Israel in 1994.

my kinda ape posted:

IIRC Jordan is relatively friendly with Israel. They're certainly not best buddies by any means but they're not rattling their sabers at each other or launching rockets or airstrikes across the border or whatever.

Pretty much, all the individuals I worked with the Jordanian military had a relatively positive view of the Israelis. They would regularly call them "cousins" and along the border it was far from antagonistic. One interesting thing was you could get an idea of someone's views on Israel based on whether they called it Israel or Palestine. Syria is not a friendly nation to Jordan but they have bigger issues these days to cause any real problems and Jordan also sits under a bit of a protective umbrella with the US and Saudi Arabia.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

US Berder Patrol posted:

how about a little respect for the sanctity and value of old hilux pickups

He said hit not *destroy*, the damage adds some character while not impacting functionality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
Why not have a burner screw to put on a sub, let photos of it "leak" so the 10lb brains make acoustic estimations of it. Then before actually launching it, put the real screw on.