Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

If they make that fire suppressant 155 shell a reality I'd be at risk of doing something stupid like enlisting again. Then maybe starting forest fires to try it out on though if California is in play I wouldn't have to...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Zeris posted:

Wouldn't this more likely be dumb boring MLRS? Or equivalent?

Can I tell you about how fast we can respond to this with 155's and firefinders or is the opsec nanny gonna throw a shitfit? Because we can respond to bracketing in less time than it takes to bracket.

Here's a nearly 14 year old picture.

gently caress mopp gear.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 17, 2017

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

im sure the dod has spent hundreds of millions of dollars trying to figure out why black dudes seem to prefer to do non-combat arms jobs. those hundreds of millions of dollars had to have produced 1 public academic paper.

The dod doing research on things like that often ends in guys like Grossman outright faking all thier data and crying "national security/secrets" when called on it.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

This makes me happy. Especially the one that bounces the felt wedges off the top of the building. Did something similar to Baghdad once...

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

As an artilleryman I'll point out the 198 had aluminum trails that cracked fairly regularly and those were just metal legs with a shovel at the end so it'd dig in and not move as much when you fire. The 777 with titanium poo poo doesn't crack as much. Can't speak for the paladin but there's a reason our self propelled stuff is on tracks, not tires. Even scaling down I don't think your average truck frame is gonna take a lot of that type of abuse without serious reinforcement. Firing a cannon while moving is best left to tanks.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

I forget if this is the random pictures thread or not so sorry if wrong thread, but I got back from my two weeks of playing army mans last week and here's the highlights. We had ammo leftover after a range, so we put all the loose poo poo in a can

This was placed at the bottom of said can

and now the part you've all been waiting for,

DICKS IN HATS!!!

sorry, thought I had more cover HAT dickpicks, I had a late star ttoday so I've only been drinking since 1pm.

EDIT: Oh yeah, some guys killed and ate some snakes then used the skins on a guidon flag

Steezo fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 22, 2017

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Shoulda been "3rd Plt Snake Eaters - HMMM PRETTY TASTY"

I know right? Fuckers even brought hot sauce "in case we find a snake".

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Syncopated posted:

What kinda medal would you get for that in the army?

Probably some kind of reprimand for filming yourself missing that many shots, at least until a Marine kicks the next puppy off a cliff/pisses on the next corpse.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Vahakyla posted:

Holy poo poo, there really is Allah inshallah going in in the ADA.

I wonder how poorly maintained the Saudi stuff is.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Just curious if it's a training, maintenance or if someone stripped out the safeties and anything else that looked "black box" and sold it to Russia,China,Israel...

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

That's a pretty good name change for steam if you play that submarine or diver/shark game.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

FrozenVent posted:

I was raised to believe death would offer you to play a chess match for your life, but now gently caress my liver, I ain’t dying ever.

Smug fuzzball is smug. As long as he gets pets and chin rubs.

https://news.google.com/news/amp?ca...oe%2F#pt0-24798

Japanese leader visits Israel is served dessert in a shoe. Not quite barfing in his lap, but close.

Edit: damnit, wrong thread. Three cups of coffee and a monster and I'm still tired and dumb

Steezo fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 9, 2018

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

kill me now posted:

The craziest part from the whole briefing is how long it was before they made their first radio call that they were in contact. It was a full hour before they called for help.

So, was one of the ups on their AAR "better comms plan than the seals"?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

subterfudge posted:

If all of your vehicles are still running you're supposed to just floor it and get out of the killzone. The video doesn't say if any of the vehicles were disabled before they stopped.

That and adjust fire off one of your TRPs. Real curious as to what their review looked like after considering even my retarded rear end knew what to do in an unblocked ambush as a Lance.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Is that... Are those Night Vision Doggles?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

I have received several phone updates from the artist I know, who is also on the same mission...

Here is a tamer piece, reminiscent of childrens movies, facebook posts and somehow, disappointment.

On to your much more traditional HAIL GAY SATAN themed artwork.

Until we finally arrive at the finest masterpiece of penis available in the medium of sharpies on army hats, relayed to me by a DaVinci of Dicks wishing to remain anonymous, and passed on to you, the critics of cock...

I for one, look forward to what this fine gentleman may produce in the future and will relay any such finds as they come in.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Found this on imgur. It's supposed to be Mel Brooks as an Army engineer in WWII. He was in mine disposal.

That would explain why most of his movies didn't bomb. His sense of humor could defuse any situation.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Obviously so you can tenderize the meat before you shake and bake.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

mlmp08 posted:

These will be fired into protest crowds. Only a matter of time.

If a NEO happens sure. Or if we sell it to Israel...

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Pperfectly normal reaction to being woken up by the #1 cannonerr pylling the lanyard and not everyone yelling Fire Mission! at the start of a mission.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

golden bubble posted:

https://twitter.com/N_Waters89/status/1126470214151962625

Apparently the sword hellfire can hit a car without damaging the engine or the contents of the trunk.

As long as it doesn't do water damage it won't hurt the resale value too much.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

That's been shut for the last month due to covid. Sadly taking CLDJ's gym and MWR with it.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Weird question (uh...research) but is there some kind of DFAC at Camp Lemonnier?

Yes but I believe the Navy calls it a mess hall. Social distancing is in effect though so if you're planning targets for IDF I just ask that you hit my CLU while I'm in it.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

I think that's where they try to sell people cars that will be ready for pickup while they're on deployment. Not sure, I avoid anything near car sales like the plague.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

I wonder who's going to be the first to draw a dick on one?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

10-20 rounds into a target, never know if they're still twitchin'

Shoot him again, his soul's still dancing.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

NightGyr posted:

As the youngest service, the air force had something to prove when it comes to weird bullshit.

I can't wait to see what Space Force does.

I'm kinda hoping they draw dicks in the dirt with space lasers.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

I assume they blew it up there because they claimed it was too dangerous to transport

I once loaded several trucks worth of old rear end Iraqi mortars into gun trucks so we could drop it off at the engineers miles away to be properly disposed of. I guess what I'm saying is LAPD can gently caress off with that bullshit. Shame that none of them will see jailtime for terrorizing a neighborhood. Imagine what this country would do if anyone else set off a two ton vbied in one of our cities?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Should've let Poseidon keep the first one.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

mlmp08 posted:

Poseidon did keep the first one, I believe. Smashed into the ocean around 550+ knots and killed the Japanese pilot.

I was thinking of the one from England, didn't know Japan had already tried to appease him.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Can we just fold the AF back into the army? I feel like their leadership isn't hazed enough when they're young.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Madurai posted:

Chicken, Tactical, 1 ea.

At one point in the invasion we had NBC chickens. Because the pigeons (couldn't get canaries) flew away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Great post av combo there. Mostly because potoos always have a wtf expression.