Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my wife dropped her phone recently, I bet an unofficial screen replacement is super cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Al! posted:

do you ever make men's clothes? I grew up shopping pretty much exclusively at discount stores and am looking to break this habit

Yeah. I've made shirts for vanillaslimfast and also costumes- pants, coats etc. I am not a tailor. I'm hoping to start making more T-Shirts and other casual stuff out of knit.

Dodoman posted:

are you going to make those super cute ones you posted on twitter a while back? i'd like to buy one for my niece

Yeah I could do this for sure. It is a super cute pattern and super easy.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sniep posted:

i just came from the bathroom and holy poo poo lemme tell you - there were guys in there all pissing and making GBS threads and stuff

early 20s guys in suits from the tech recruiters next door jack it in my floor's bathroom

i've heard them quickly silence video several times now

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Al! posted:

my wife dropped her phone recently, I bet an unofficial screen replacement is super cheap

this place was like $60 i think?

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 405 days!

Vintersorg posted:

:agreed:

i brought some of this back with me from Vancouver cause its so loving GOOD

even just bringing it up to taste is enjoyable as the smell is gorgeous

if you like that you should try whistler brewing co's chestnut winter ale when you have a chance, if you haven't already. it's a bit on the sweet side but v good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

bump_fn posted:

this place was like $60 i think?

Apple wants 110 I think?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

TRON JEREMY posted:

if you like that you should try whistler brewing co's chestnut winter ale when you have a chance, if you haven't already. it's a bit on the sweet side but v good

that sounds like it would be great - love chestnuts

only had time for granville and steamworks in gastown (wanted to try a cucumber beer but it was gone that night)

i had steamworks red ale

quote:

Our Imperial Red Ale has been brewed to showcase some of the best hop varieties North America has to offer. Dark copper in color, it has an intense pine, fruity and floral hop aroma with high levels of warming alcohol. The taste is of medium to high to toffee and caramel-like flavours with aggressive hop flavour and bitterness. A beer to be sipped and savoured!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if you buy AppleCare they don't replace the screen no questions asked, they just discount it to slightly more expensive than a repair place. they have a worse repair policy than a used car dealership

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe posted:

i got p drat drunk last night for some reason and donated to a politician and paid down my credit cards. cool

the last time i got blackout drunk i paid all my bills for the month and renewed a domain

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

early 20s guys in suits from the tech recruiters next door jack it in my floor's bathroom

i've heard them quickly silence video several times now

Weak rear end office jerking if you ask me

Pros turn the volume up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

:agreed:

i brought some of this back with me from Vancouver cause its so loving GOOD

even just bringing it up to taste is enjoyable as the smell is gorgeous

lol tori is going to freaking eviscerate you dude

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

not a bad title then -- depending on her specific focus, industrial design will fall somewhere between engineering and marketing (with a lot of applied art thrown in)

most of the women i graduated w/ spent little to no time in design and instead became marketing engineers and basically drive around giving seminars about construction products and answering technical questions from old engineer guys who leer at them

one of them was like 8 months pregnant when me and another guy from my cohort got her to come by for one of those and man it was the grossest thing ever watching these old public works dudes just go HEHEHE

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

graph posted:

the last time i got blackout drunk i paid all my bills for the month and renewed a domain

cool

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

"I'm Thinking About Drinking" - My personal motto

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

if you buy AppleCare they don't replace the screen no questions asked, they just discount it to slightly more expensive than a repair place. they have a worse repair policy than a used car dealership

selling extended warranties is the best scam b/c you're convincing people to pay money right now for the promise of some service in the future maybe

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the best part of drinking is when u get the shakes the next morning

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

selling extended warranties is the best scam b/c you're convincing people to pay money right now for the promise of some service in the future maybe

(service can be denied for any reason including the sales rep just doesn't want to deal with the paperwork that day)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

bump_fn posted:

the best part of drinking is when u get the shakes the next morning

this means u made a mistake somewhere. too much booze. too little food. not enough water. there was an imbalance. and you are beingf punished.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

keyboard vomit posted:

office jerking

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i started smoking again but ironically this time and lost a poo poo load of weight so now i get drunk instantly. its p drat deece

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

graph posted:

you can be taught source control on the fly.

actually you need 10+ years of asp.net and clearcase along with an active security clearance to be considered for this role, sorry

• Locked thread