Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

asp.:henget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

posting on the /26 page

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

graph posted:

pedntic nerds will argue about ruby and node and poo poo but don't listen to them. learn the .net platform and get paid

how do I go from being an infrastructure tech to doing programming. do I need a bs cs

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

idk where my career is going really

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

how do I go from being an infrastructure tech to doing programming. do I need a bs cs

just call yourself a devops

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the first google result for devops is a blog by some guy who calls himself "the agile admin." i think that says it all.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i just came from the bathroom and holy poo poo lemme tell you - there were guys in there all pissing and making GBS threads and stuff

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sniep posted:

i just came from the bathroom and holy poo poo lemme tell you - there were guys in there all pissing and making GBS threads and stuff

this is yospos so I expect you took detailed recordings and photographs

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Silver Alicorn posted:

not sure but try and find out the best way to teach yourself object oriented programming

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

NO BUTT STUFF

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
coffee time

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

graph posted:

not sure but try and find out the best way to teach yourself object oriented programming

I messed around with python in college and c# a couple of years back. thing is I have no idea how to work as a project w/ other people so idk

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Smythe posted:

coffee time

i should get some of that coffee; i feel like i'm about to fall asleep

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I actually really like C# but what really gets me horny is low level C and asm. being an embedded developer would be cool but I feel like I'd need an EE degree to get into it for real

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Silver Alicorn posted:

thing is I have no idea how to work as a project w/ other people so idk

asp.net and c# are peas and carrots mate.

maybe think about a site function you would use and try and make it. you can be taught source control on the fly.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Smythe posted:

coffee time

sludge is good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

she went to school for industrial design

not a bad title then -- depending on her specific focus, industrial design will fall somewhere between engineering and marketing (with a lot of applied art thrown in)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

prefect posted:

i should get some of that coffee; i feel like i'm about to fall asleep

i pretty drat much just got out of bed

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I'm drinking an organic rockstar

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

not a bad title then -- depending on her specific focus, industrial design will fall somewhere between engineering and marketing (with a lot of applied art thrown in)

her specific focus is apparently bossing me around

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
coffee and toast time

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's great, already putting weight on it. No bleeding or pain. Thanks for asking, how's your foot?

hell yeah, go team knee! :D

foot is ok, started first group of rehab exercises today which is great although a bit sobering considering how little i could move it but it will get better :)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i got p drat drunk last night for some reason and donated to a politician and paid down my credit cards. cool

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Smythe posted:

i got p drat drunk last night for some reason and donated to a politician and paid down my credit cards. cool

you also said people who don't vote should be killed lol. I got really high and wandered into ycs

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Smythe posted:

Drinking owns.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Smythe posted:

i got p drat drunk last night for some reason

saaame

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ycs seems like late stage lf where everyone is way too serious about the stuff they're not really doing anything about

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Cls:mrs. Saluter is having some bad fatigue problems and weakness in her limbs. Goin to see the doc tomorrow :ohdear:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Al! posted:

ycs seems like late stage lf where everyone is way too serious about the stuff they're not really doing anything about

That's because piles of the old LF people went to ycs and badgame

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Al! posted:

you also said people who don't vote should be killed lol. I got really high and wandered into ycs

oh that was earlier. i was sober that, and just doing a little jk

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Smythe posted:

you're supposed to do irresponsible things when you're drunk

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I got ejected from lf for picking a fight with the welcome to nightvale guy. shortly thereafter lf closed. coincidence?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

prefect posted:

you're supposed to do irresponsible things when you're drunk

ya wtf

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smythe posted:

:bernget:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
apple store said that you can't even pay the $300 out of warranty cost for a phone replacement if someone else fixed the cracked screen. didn't even bother looking inside it.

guys at local repair shop opened it and saw that a battery connector was lose.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

lowtax's never ending quest for someone anyone who he hires to act like a goddamned professional

i can't imagine the hell of tryin to hire computermans in missourah

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 403 days!

Citizen Tayne posted:

Drinking owns.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Citizen Tayne posted:

Drinking owns.

:agreed:

i brought some of this back with me from Vancouver cause its so loving GOOD

quote:

Caramel malt aromas dominated by cocoa and vanilla. Complex layers of vanilla, bready malts, toffee, cocoa bean and a slight nuttiness. Moderate hop bitterness gives balance so that sweeter flavours do not overwhelm.

even just bringing it up to taste is enjoyable as the smell is gorgeous

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 403 days!
i'm still one of those bastards who doesn't get hangovers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Citizen Tayne posted: