Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah idk though not all had rich parents. just stupid student loans. such a foolish purchase decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

mishaq posted:

$1000 for a chromebook lol

I still want one but not more than I want to not spend 1000

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

my stepdads beer posted:

it was always mystifying to me how they could afford them, even when I lived at home
how good is your part time job that you can afford 3k

My wife got a macbook pro in college because an airport worker stole her dell on a study abroad. She had trip insurance through the school and the airline gave her a settlement.

So... it's possible.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

blowfish posted:

daddy's credit card

student loans

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

considering it will be your primary work tool for several years it does not necessarily seem a bad use of money to make sure you have a laptop you enjoy using

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

considering it will be your primary work tool for several years it does not necessarily seem a bad use of money to make sure you have a laptop you enjoy using

why buy one good apple laptop that'll last you for your entire time at uni when you can buy a cheap Acer POS every 6 months

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

be seen on campus with an Acer? no thanks

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

apparently the answer was to spend as much as i did but on a asus rog gaming laptop

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

hahahahahahahha

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

You can game on a chromebook

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Granbar posted:

why buy one good apple laptop that'll last you for your entire time at uni when you can buy a cheap Acer POS every 6 months

I think my wife regrets me buying her a mac

I mean not the hardware. just using osx

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

You can game on a chromebook

Crawl is very fun

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

a correct opinion

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

echinopsis posted:

"i wish my computer didnt work so well--if only it had advertising and updates that break it"

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

can't find the "post poo poo you've purchased thread" so this must be it

copped an x200 laptop/tablet w/ 4g ram for $60 cad and it's p needs suiting. im poor student so this thread made me consider getting a chomebook, but turns out i'd be paying more money for something shittier

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 19, 2016

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

my wife to salesman: "I don't know anything about computers but I need something so I can go on Facebook and Pinterest for about 15 hours a day"

comes home with some Alienware MacBook Pro that looks like a garbage can

sorry about your PleasureKevin wife moo cow

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LastInLine posted:

"i wish my computer didnt work so well--if only it had advertising and updates that break it"

my w7 has NEVER asked me to update to windows 10

idk why tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

echinopsis posted:

upgrade her to windows 7 or 10 and she'll be much happier. osx is a Linux which means its bad and nothing works right

• Locked thread