Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Going purely off of my playcount for each album:

Adrenaline:
Engine No. 9
Fireal
Birthmark

Around the Fur:
Around the Fur
Headup
MX

White Pony:
RX Queen
Korea
Feiticeira

S/T:
When Girls Telephone Boys
Needles and Pins
Deathblow

Saturday Night Wrist:
Kimdracula
rats! rats! rats!
Xerces

Diamond Eyes:
You've Seen The Butcher
CMND/CTRL
Prince

Koi No Yokan:
Goon Squad
What Happened To You?
Swerve City

Gore:
Phantom Bride
Prayers/Triangles
Rubicon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

Have any of you in the thread seen the band live more than a handful of times? I've only seen them live one other time before I saw them last Wednesday and I don't remember it very well. I have to say the band isn't very tight live and Chino was having a lot of trouble pulling off his vocals live. They still had awesome energy and I 100% enjoyed the show but is it typical for them to have a lot of technical difference between the album versions and live performance?

Setlist of the show I saw, for reference:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2016/mesa-amphitheatre-mesa-az-5bfc0b34.html

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Chino's voice is really hit or miss live. There will be long periods where his voice will be good/great and then periods when he can barely get out a high note let alone a scream.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Neitherman posted:

Have any of you in the thread seen the band live more than a handful of times? I've only seen them live one other time before I saw them last Wednesday and I don't remember it very well. I have to say the band isn't very tight live and Chino was having a lot of trouble pulling off his vocals live. They still had awesome energy and I 100% enjoyed the show but is it typical for them to have a lot of technical difference between the album versions and live performance?

Setlist of the show I saw, for reference:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2016/mesa-amphitheatre-mesa-az-5bfc0b34.html

I've seen them about 4 2 times in a smaller venue and twice in an arena and while the second time I saw them in an arena was better than the first, they weren't very tight. The first time I saw them in an arena they just didn't seem in to it, or tight or anything really. Just kind of going through the motions (though they were opening for Slipknot so that might have been it).
The two times that I have seen them in a smaller venue though was awesome. Part of it is being in a smaller venue makes anything much more intimate than being in a big arena, and you can get much closer to the stage/band and see them. They seemed to be feeding more off the energy in the smaller venue and giving back into it so they were very energetic and much more engaging. Chino's vocals were great but I think they definitely benefit from not being in big places.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Abe is drumming w Seth Meyers band for a few nights this week or next.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I just saw Deftones live in Chicago recently at riot fest which was pretty epic. The only time I've seen them before was about ten years ago, also in Chicago.

I saw Team Sleep live too, if we're counting chino's side projects.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

The live album that Team Sleep put out last year with Gil Sharone on drums was pretty good. It includes some of the best stuff from their studio album and some of their better songs that were floating around on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

owl_pellet posted:

The live album that Team Sleep put out last year with Gil Sharone on drums was pretty good. It includes some of the best stuff from their studio album and some of their better songs that were floating around on the internet.

Yeah that's great, I especially like the live version of "Your skull is red", it sounds more epic than the studio version.

• Locked thread