Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

I chose the best role

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Well this game sucks now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

##vote Rarity

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Birdstrike posted:

rarity no you have so much to live for!

I signed up to a crazy role madness game, not a vanilla one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Birdstrike posted:

As Hats showed us even a vanilla game can be role madness if you believe it

Nah, this is dumb.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

I never thought I'd be happy to see a Capps post but here we are.

Salaciously Scummy

Max
derp
Atoramos

Slightly Suspicious

PMush
Opop
Gulag
Doktor
KK
chaoslord

Titillatingly Trustworthy

Jake
Birdstrike
Asiina
ANarc

Totally Town

Rarity

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

GulagDolls posted:

~*~*~*~Sangria Sunrise~*~*~*~
AnonymousNarcotics
Asiina
Atoramos
Birdstrike
chaoslord
Doktor Per
GulagDolls
imgay
JakeP
Khris Kruel
King Burgundy
Max
Opopanax
Poison Mushroom
Rarity

~*~*~*~Totally Totinos~*~*~*~
Totino Boy

This had better win the prize

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

It's not like that's a lie that would be hard to check.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Asiina posted:

I realize that I messed up if we're back to our PRs.

So let me move my vote and then I'll come back to this.

Oh how I wish I was last, but oh well. Since I'm first, I'd like to say thanks to Cena and all the mods for this super awesome game. Even though for me it ended in tears, I had a blast and wouldn't be so upset if I wasn't so invested in the outcome. It must have taken a lot of work, but it paid off because this is the most fun I've ever had on these forums.

Second, congratulations Meinberg. You really made it through despite I think a lot of people (myself included!) not believing you'd get to the end. You cultivated solid relationships and made good strategic moves at the right times. You were loyal to your allies, which I really respect above all else. You're a good guy despite owning a fedora, so I wish you the best. Well done. I have no questions for you, but don't want you to think you were forgotten. Actually wait, I do have one. Why didn't you write a goodbye message for me? What the hell, dude? Please write one now! I expect 500 words minimum.

With that out of the way, I guess I should get to the part that everyone expects of me. I suppose I'll start by saying I never really understood bitter jury members before. Yeah you got backstabbed, but it's just a game. You're stupid for being upset about it because you should have known better. But what I think I never understood before was the time and emotional investment you need to put into these types of games, how it becomes a complete part of your life, and how trust builds so gradually. Little moments where alliances work together look like nothing to the viewer, but what they're really doing is testing that trust you've built and when it doesn't break, it becomes that much stronger for the next time. So when you get near the end, you would never consider that someone who has gleefully backstabbed everyone else would backstab you. Your bond has gotten stronger at every turn because whenever there was a crossroads to stay loyal or to betray, they stayed loyal to you.

Rarity, I really enjoyed playing this game with you. We were allied since basically the first day, and it was great to talk to someone for hours every day. I felt like we really understood each other. We came up with all of our schemes together, we calmed each other down during moments of paranoia, we worked through every possibility in this game. It was great to have one person to talk to and feel completely comfortable telling everything to. And I felt okay with the fact that we backstabbed a lot of people because we were 100% loyal to each other through and through. Everytime one of us had any doubts we'd laugh it off that we'd really need to stick together because if nothing else, we had so much blood on our hands that it would be ridiculous and stupid to go against someone who's made no enemies.

We seemed to get along so well I really thought I found a friend, someone else like me who thought the way that I did. But I was wrong, and in the end you weren't the person I thought you were. You're not like me, because I would never have done this to you and you know it. You said in your goodbye message that you wished you were a better person. I wish you were too. I also wish I had the clarity to see through you and not put so much faith in someone who would rather risk not getting to the finals at all (since no matter what he threatened, Uni would have taken you over me) instead of the off-chance that you might lose to your closest ally. It's really just low and reprehensible. Although I'm sure you have it on a continuous loop during this, there's no Extreme Ways playing here. Just sadness and disappointment in you and in myself for believing in you so completely.

So I suppose as a question, since we clearly don't think as alike as I had believed, I want to hear the reasons for your decision. You said that you put the game above friendships, so please describe what specific benefit did you believe you'd get, both in getting to the final 2 and for convincing the jury that you should win, that was worth backstabbing someone you've been allied with since day one?

##vote Rarity

Man, that got me right in the feels :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Asiina posted:

But this time I voted for you! :v:

Not.

Funny.

:cry:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Asiina posted:

I love you, BFF! :glomp:

D'aw I can't stay mad at you forever :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Hang on I'm still voting myself ##unvote

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Why are we trusting Capps here?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

PBS Newshour posted:

##change rarity's roleflavor name to "poopyhead"

It doesn't matter. I'm still Rarity, best mafia player on the Something Awful forums :smug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

I'm conflicted. I want my power back but I'm pretty convinced KK is a scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Khris Kruel posted:

what have I done besides want to lynch curse girl and the amazing sidekick, and day vig a 3rd party?

Khris Kruel posted:

so I'm guessing you're gulag's scum buddy?

Cause I don't see any reason to believe Gulag is scum just because of his role and because that is a weak justification for attacking Jake. It's easy to attack someone just for standing out from the pack.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Opopanax posted:

Canadian
Opop
Max
Gulag
Jake

British
Asiina
derp

American
Everyone else

I find this offensive :britain:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

CapitalistPig posted:

Suddenly, Time rewinds to the beginning of Day 2!

Everything that has happened today has been reversed!

gulagdolls, anonymous narcotics, are alive and PBS newshour, however, has still achieved godhood and therefore has his rules still in effect.

Everyone is cursed again.

fml

gently caress everything

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

JakeP posted:

one that dies at the end of the day anyway lol

Belee dat playa

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

CapitalistPig posted:

Anonymous narcotics has been shot! She is dead again

The day continues.

Ahahahah get rekt KK

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Asiina posted:

I'm so angry everyone else still gets to do stuff, even if it's not working as intended.

I literally can't do anything other than maybe die if I'm not careful.

Gulag will die soon and then everything will be fine.

Unless the day rewinds again.

Oh god we're in Groundhog Day :ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Asiina posted:

Goodbye friends!

:downsgun:

Asii no! You have so much to live for! :cry:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

All caught up let's ##vote KK already

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

I just wanted to play mafia with you :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Didn't you get shot? Did I dream that?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Oh god, it's a post restriction :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Opopanax posted:

##abscond

What the gently caress Opop?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

What is even happening here?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Birdstrike posted:

also are we voting kk again?

Considering he's dead I'm not sure it would be very helpful

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Asiina posted:

Yes.

Votecount for Day 3

Birdstrike (2): imgay, JakeP

Not Voting (8): Asiina, Atoramos, Birdstrike, chaoslord, GulagDolls, Max, Poison Mushroom, Rarity, totino boy

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 28th, 2016 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

This is not what votefinder says to me :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Max posted:

Who should I busdrive?

Why would you ask this? :ughh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Max posted:

Besides, who says I'll follow anyone's advice? I'm interested to see how people would answer.

Fair point. If I was you I'd bus drive yourself with someone you thought was scum, assuming you're allowed to target yourself with your action.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

Rarity posted:

Fair point. If I was you I'd bus drive yourself with someone you thought was scum, assuming you're allowed to target yourself with your action.

ie. Bus drive the bus driver. My pronouns kinda got messed up there :downs:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

imgay posted:

##find kid

##vote imgay

No racism in my mafia tvm :eyepop:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

imgay posted:

what do you mean?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

chaoslord posted:

##declare Martian Law

I completely forgot you were in this game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

This loving game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

CapitalistPig posted:

:siren:Martian Law has been declared!:siren:

chaoslord is the new Lord Regent of the Sacred Red Planet along with all its perks and advantages!

*Doctors and other wizards are forbidden. No healing or other wizardry powers will be allowed.

chaoslords new status frees him from his posting restriction!

I'm sorry, I can't resist a good punchline :(

##shoot chaoslord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

i fucking love scoops

CapitalistPig posted:

You attempt to shoot the lord regent and the bullet bounces harmlessly off of his martian shield.

:flaccid:

• Locked thread