Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I love Link Between Worlds, it's such a great mixture of old school and new school zelda games. And there's all sorts of neat little touches, like link carrying the sword around under his arm, and the bird statues whistling the bird ocarina theme from the original LTTP.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

You came into a Zelda thread and said "Boy I sure do wish Nintendo would stop making sequels" and specifically instructed people not to engage with you.

Like someone said earlier, it's super hard for new IPs to flourish without either creator name recognition or brand name recognition. And if you're banking on the first one you get things like Hideo Kojima Presents A Hideo Kojima Project starring Hideo Kojima. The second one works out sometimes but you've at least got to adhere to a nominal theme in line with the game. The fact is that the reason this game exists is because Four Swords worked out okay, and Four Swords Adventure sold well, and the Four Swords DS remake also sold well. People want a "Link and his suspiciously link-like buddies slay evil together." game.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RasterPunk posted:

Yeah? And? That's just like, my opinion man.

And it still stands, but I'm not going to Nintendo making any demands. I've made no demands towards any developer. And again, this wasn't the point of my comment.

Also I said this: My perspective on this is personal, holds no water on a business standpoint, and does not speak for everyone. That last one was very important. Basically "This is my opinion, I understand why sequels should remain, this is not how everyone feels."

No one expects Nintendo to listen to you because that's an impossible demand to make. We aren't judging you for that.

If you had just come in and said "Man this game really isn't for me, the zelda franchise just feels stale in my opinion." it probably would have been accepted and maybe even discussed, because it does have merit. Nintendo went through a dark period around 2006-2012~ish where they just kept remaking the same games over and over again and when they did innovate it was simply for the novelty of innovation without any real improvement of the genre. So even the most biased nintendo fanboy will probably admit that NSMBU wasn't a very good game. They've done better in recent years by getting rid of gimmicky stuff(for the most part) and iterating on the formulas that made their most enjoyed games fun.

That said, you didn't do that. What you gave us was a gigantic effortpost that rambled on about anime and other franchises made by completely different companies with BOLDING and UNDERLINING followed by "This is just my opinion I don't actually want to talk about it." You've undermined your own point by making it look weak because it required a lot of backup from animes that some people might not have even seen or heard about and it's presentation is honestly fairly bad and juvenile. So you've not only invited discussion on the topic but have told people that they should be against you.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The boss is named Stalblind.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It's in your best interest to buy and upgrade the items before you do their respective dungeon. I know the Sand and Ice Rod in particular make their dungeons loads earlier.

As far as Knucklemaster (Yup) It's possible to get the Lv2 Master Sword before you even step foot in Skull Woods There are actually four ores, not just two

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Please thorn, you have 40 Maimai's, upgrade some gear already.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Chimera-gui posted:

He can't upgrade the stuff at this point, he has to own it himself which requires buying it outright from Ravio rather than renting it from him.

He also has 4000 rupees.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I could have sworn you could buy items as soon as you have access to Lorule. Or after you beat the first dungeon. It might specifically be the dark forest temple that you're heading to now though, which would be annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Bouldering is rock climbing without equipment. Usually on small cliff faces and/or boulders.

• Locked thread