Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Llednar Twem
Jan 5, 2013
Are you considering the reward you get by dodging cuccos for 999 seconds in endless mode to be part of "everything" in Link Between Worlds? For the sake of your sanity, I kind of hope you aren't.

Edit: It occurs to me that even though it's just a meaningless mini-game, I should still probably mark it for spoilers since we haven't seen it yet.

Llednar Twem fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Llednar Twem
Jan 5, 2013
One thing I love about the ending is the retroactive effect it has on the rest of the game.The similarity to the previous adventure that various NPCs keep commenting on? It was very deliberately manufactured by Hilda. She needed the triforce of courage, so she artificially re-created the events of the legend to allow Link to get it. That's why everything is "going through the motions". Sealing the castle such that only the Master Sword could break in, scattering the sages so link could prove himself by rescuing them all...it's still a blatant re-tread of the previous game, but I guess I like how there's actually an in-universe REASON for it to be that way.

• Locked thread