Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

NullBlack posted:

Also, why shouldn't the priest in LBW have children? Who says the Hylian faith has a vow of celibacy or abstinence?

Alternatively, he could have had his daughter before becoming a priest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Silegna posted:

I think it's more due to the fact that said priest is a HORRIBLE father for letting his daughter get captured so easily. Wait. How the gently caress did Yuga even get in?

No one expects some rear end in a top hat to attack a church for seemingly no good reason.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Hmm...three heroes with terrible fashion sense...

We're talking about Enrique, Gilder, and Drachma, right?

Seconding this, ideally with Travis as Drachma, Yoshi as Enrique, and Thorn as Gilder.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 20, 2016

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
If I may give my two cents on the matter, I feel that it's important to understand why the "Epic Yarn" treatment happens. As sad as it is to acknowledge, new IPs have a tendency to struggle on their own if not fail outright without the name recognition of older more beloved brands.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Kurieg posted:

Like someone said earlier, it's super hard for new IPs to flourish without either creator name recognition or brand name recognition. And if you're banking on the first one you get things like Hideo Kojima Presents A Hideo Kojima Project starring Hideo Kojima. The second one works out sometimes but you've at least got to adhere to a nominal theme in line with the game. The fact is that the reason this game exists is because Four Swords worked out okay, and Four Swords Adventure sold well, and the Four Swords DS remake also sold well. People want a "Link and his suspiciously link-like buddies slay evil together." game.

To elaborate on Kurieg's point with an example, Splatoon's success was a combination of good luck and good marketing decisions on Nintendo's part. It should also be noted that early in the game's production, it was actually considered as a new Mario game specifically for the brand name recognition before it was made into its own IP.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Having actually used Streetpass for Link Between Worlds, I know how it works. Basically when you passed by someone else with it active for LBW, a sign appears in Kakariko Village. Reading the sign causes a Shadow Link to appear somewhere in the overworld. Locating and talking to the Shadow Link will initiate a fight. The fights can be piss easy or obnoxiously difficult depending on how good at the game you are, the arena being used for the fight, and what equipment you and your opponent have in the fight.

Edit: Also, I thought that the Stamina bar was more like a magic meter given how it's used with certain items later. And Ravio charging you presumably because he wanted to have enough to eventually leave and live on his own again.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 24, 2016

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Zuzie posted:

I bet that in an alternate universe where Tingle was accepted as a Zelda mainstay, Tingle would have very well been this main shopkeeper.

Although it would have been interesting if Beedle showed up in this game somewhere, but since this game is supposed to be a sequel/remake of A Link to the Past, having Beedle shoehorned in this game would have been a bit much.

Technically a Beedle existed in Skyward Sword which is chronologically the first Zelda so a version of him could exist in all three timelines even if we only meet him in the Adult Link one just as Tingle exists in both the Child and Adult ones.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Do monsters sometimes drop monster guts? Would huge monsters drop huge guts?

It depends on the exact kind of monster as there are three ypes of monster parts that can be dropped/found in LBW, the other two being Monster Horns and Monster Tails.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 2, 2016

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Thunderfinger posted:

Yes, but would one have to rip and/or tear at these huge monsters?

No, this is not Monster Hunter.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Splatoon also made the music softer while you were swimming in ink as a squid.

Also fun fact: The River Zora were straight up depicted as merfolk in A Link to the Past's artwork before they were given a more amphibious form in part do to the Sea Zora from the 3D games:

By the way, Oren actually does tell you why the River Zora attack you despite the fact that you just helped her: The Zora consider the river their territory and although she's told them to along with humans, they simply aren't listening to her.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 10, 2016

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The rupee and heart paintings are probably just the minions committing acts of vandalism, not realizing that the magic bracelet Ravio gave us can convert them into actual money/health.

ThornBrain posted:

Failed attempt to remove the copyright-claimed audio. It didn't take, so it should be fine now stuck like that for a month because YouTube is run by shitstains.

If you need to, don't be afraid to put TFH on hiatus until this poo poo gets sorted out. We'll understand only having LBW for the time being because of Youtube's BS.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 17, 2016

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

SorataYuy posted:

Just got around to watching episode 6, and actually Thorn, those salamander-self-stoning-little-bastards aren't really "new", they were in the original game. I just don't remember if the way to kill them was "stone them then hammer them" (not sure if you even could kill them, to be honest, never tried that combo.) But new for the purposes of we've not seen them before now, yeah, let's go with that. :)

I looked it up and they are called Deadrocks.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
But don't both tend to fall into same category of Japanese live action superhero(es) fighting rubber suit monsters with special effects?

Hell, Saban's first attempt to localize Masked Rider had a crossover with the Power Rangers as the pilot.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 4, 2016

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Kurieg posted:

Please thorn, you have 40 Maimai's, upgrade some gear already.

He can't upgrade the stuff at this point, he has to own it himself which requires buying it outright from Ravio rather than renting it from him.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Kurieg posted:

He also has 4000 rupees.

The option to purchase the items wasn't available until Thorn got the three Pendants of Virtue though.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I feel like the Lorule Triforce would be Ignorance (antithesis of Wisdom since Hilda was foolish enough to believe that Yuga cared about Lorule), Cowardice (antithesis of Courage since Ravio's a coward by his own admission) and Impotence (antithesis of Power since unlike Ganon who is consistently portrayed as an utter juggernaut, Yuga is extremely weak and thus relied on his magic to disable potential threats until he got Ganon's power).

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Or the Lorule Triforce is courage, power and wisdom as well, but it was destroyed so they didn't have those.

That's entirely possible too and then the void left by the lost of Courage, Power, and Wisdom would presumably be filled by the their respective antitheses which I mentioned above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Just focus on completing the story if challenges aren't going to be feasible do to scheduling issues.

• Locked thread