Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

its kinda like luftrausers, you run around in a small arena and kill monsters and its good. it came out today and its like $5 and I can only survive like 1 minute at the most but its good and a pretty impish game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Didn't play luft whatever but can you describe the game better for me?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Never heard of the game, but that's a solid title.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/422970/

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

The monster design is pretty drat wicked. Nice find OP, I'll put it on my wishlist for another day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agag posted:

Never heard of the game, but that's a solid title.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/422970/

Honestly blown away that this isn't in Early Access.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

In Training posted:

Honestly blown away that this isn't in Early Access.

Once the DLC trickles in over the coming months you'll see that $5 was well spent.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that looks pretty cool, op, might try it at some point

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

It's an fps where you have 2 weapons, a rapid fire and a shotgun, you spawn on a small platform and then lots of monsters swarm in and all the monsters are pretty cool. You die in one hit and you have to try and survive for as long as possible. It has very good movement and feels like classic doom. Also has a neat art style that's sorta like quake you know all low polys and weird shifting textures

I was like 115 earlier but now more people own it my score is tanking

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cool sounds fun and I have 5 dollars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

It's an fps where you have 2 weapons, a rapid fire and a shotgun, you spawn on a small platform and then lots of monsters swarm in and all the monsters are pretty cool. You die in one hit and you have to try and survive for as long as possible. It has very good movement and feels like classic doom. Also has a neat art style that's sorta like quake you know all low polys and weird shifting textures

I was like 115 earlier but now more people own it my score is tanking

This sounds cool

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

This sounds cool

i remember seeing it before but didnt remember the name

it looks too spooky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HskOcc1ILAM

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i like the early 3d design of everything, its a good look

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i bought it, its a scary game

the bunny hop sound is one of my favorite sounds in anything now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just tried this and it was about as fun as injecting AIDS into my nut sack.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i want to kill one of the big spiders but its hard

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Wormskull posted:

Just tried this and it was about as fun as injecting AIDS into my nut sack.

I dont know if this is you endorsing it or not.

How's the movement feel compared to actual q3

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I like it. A bit like Ziggurat with a Quake aesthetic. Lots of circle-strafing.

Doctor Goat posted:

Feels like Quake 1 to me.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it's quake 1 as hell but quake 3 is the fps mobility gold standard and it's good to compare things to it if they're advertising stuff like good bhops

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

I dont know if this is you endorsing it or not.

Wormskull loves AIDS and nut sack torture.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I feel like Quake 1 and Quake 3 movements are basically the same level of epicness, just different.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell there's a whole community of people who play Quake 3 with Quake 1 style movement that's a bit smoother.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i kilt a spider.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It seems like a cool idea but what's the point of nice fluid FPS movement if you're on a flat square floating in space with enemies coming from all sides. At least give it a few crates or something to use as cover and to jump over, you know?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Flat Square Floating In Space Nice Fluid FPS is the game former BYOB Moderator Danbo Daxter childishly kept insisting was the ideal FPS for like 10 years.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

It seems like a cool idea but what's the point of nice fluid FPS movement if you're on a flat square floating in space with enemies coming from all sides. At least give it a few crates or something to use as cover and to jump over, you know?

in the later stages nearly every single spot of space is taken up by some kind of skull monster and you are rocket jumping to make enough room to even stay alive

you wouldnt want walls or debris because they would get you trapped

i havent got there yet but it has a cool feature where you can watch anybodys run from the leaderboard

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

this sounds good. I liked Luftrausers too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'll stick to Doom, OP

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I just got 64 seconds and killed a big spider so feelin' p cool guys

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm with you here. I like the sound, enemies, idea, but I'd prefer to be doing things in a brown 90's FPS hallway.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I just got 64 seconds and killed a big spider so feelin' p cool guys

im at 88

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Luftrausers is cool and you should play it

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

the shotgun in this game is pretty win

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Agag posted:

I'm with you here. I like the sound, enemies, idea, but I'd prefer to be doing things in a brown 90's FPS hallway.

this, i may keep my $5

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

This game is pretty fun. My high score is 183 right now. I can't reliability kill the big worm thing and if I do I end up neglecting everything else and getting swarmed and dying shortly after.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
This looks fun for about 5 minutes.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I like the sound direction of this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

I like the sound direction of this game

same

actually i love everything about it but i do see myself getting tired of it in like an hour

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Bobnumerotres posted:

same

actually i love everything about it but i do see myself getting tired of it in like an hour

that's my concern. however, it looks pretty rad and i've been replaying Quake recently, so i'm gonna throw this on my wishlist and grab it when my backlog isn't so long

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
It seems like it'd be a good game to just play when you have some down time and don't want to commit to some serious gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

NickRoweFillea posted:

It seems like it'd be a good game to just play when you have some down time and don't want to commit to some serious gaming.

Exactly this, but I also own Nuclear Throne so.....

• Locked thread