Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Kief Richards posted:

I have to say, I'm not a fan of summer

me neither i cant take the heat at ALL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

arctic posting crew where u at

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I've been spoiled by the west coast forever, drat you Midwestern weather

alnilam

I love the heat and humidity. Iwant to give the summer heat a sweaty hug and kiss it.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

I love the heat and humidity. Iwant to give the summer heat a sweaty hug and kiss it.

Do not smooch the weather of the earth!!!! This can cause the warming sensation!!!!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

alnilam posted:

i want to write summer a cute note and hide it in their lunchbag

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

my classmates start to tease me for writing the temperature on the front of my notebook :blush:

FluffieDuckie

Goons Are Great posted:

Sounds like such a nice and sweet boy I'm very excited for you, you know what the next step is

Buy the boy an account

we live in strange times. dating used to be

(1) meet
(2) smooch
(3) fall in love
(4) get married
(5) babbies

now there's a step (2a): buy them an account so your friends can weird him out

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

Kief Richards posted:

I've been spoiled by the west coast forever, drat you Midwestern weather

just so you feel better, it's 100 degrees here rn

(but it still gets down to 60 at night and it's cooling down to highs in the 70s by saturday so maybe that doesn't make you feel better idk)

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FluffieDuckie posted:

just so you feel better, it's 100 degrees here rn

(but it still gets down to 60 at night and it's cooling down to highs in the 70s by saturday so maybe that doesn't make you feel better idk)

I mean that makes me feel somewhat better bc I'm coming to visit this fall and I know it won't be that hot then!!!

Also we're getting another puppy in August; I'm training a couple for DuoDogs from birth.

xcheopis

Kief Richards posted:

I mean that makes me feel somewhat better bc I'm coming to visit this fall and I know it won't be that hot then!!!

Are you sure you've lived in the Bay Area?

Goons Are Gifts

FluffieDuckie posted:

we live in strange times. dating used to be

(1) meet
(2) smooch
(3) fall in love
(4) get married
(5) babbies

now there's a step (2a): buy them an account so your friends can weird him out

That's not new though, don't you know the old saying by Plato "Buy that fucker an account to post on byob with us" was the original idea of platonic love

Heather Papps

hello friend

one time i was courting a woman and she read a thread i posted and yelled at me lemme find it
e: WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896236

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

Are you sure you've lived in the Bay Area?

It's not hot for me anymore when I visit in October because I'm used to Midwest hell-heat.

xcheopis

Kief Richards posted:

It's not hot for me anymore when I visit in October because I'm used to Midwest hell-heat.

Ah, ok.

alnilam

Californians really stretch my ability to not be a weather tough guy to its limit

alnilam

I'm obv jealous

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

ideal temperature is anywhere between 55-65 degrees. 66 and up is hot IMO.

i am the only person constantly miserable here in the socal weather

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Heather Papps posted:

one time i was courting a woman and she read a thread i posted and yelled at me lemme find it

jesus loving lol, that is a good and funny thread

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Heather Papps posted:

brother please nobody has ever hosed that's why she got mad

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps posted:

i feel this is an important bit of BYOB cultural history and hence it will be the first thread i have officially moved to the goldmine

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 27, 2020

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

xcheopis

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Yes, that is perfect weather. I like fog, too.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

big fog like karl is good

smol fog is also good but less good

i miss karl, he is the best fog

Stoner Sloth

Kief Richards posted:

big fog like karl is good

smol fog is also good but less good

i miss karl, he is the best fog

whoa, i didn't realize you could even name a fog! karl sounds like a good fog indeed!

we've been getting some nice ones here this autumn cause it's been much wetter than usual as well as nice cool temperatures, not as impressive as karl though

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Hello byob I had a nice day today and I hope you did too. My day just got even better because I posted in byob!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

I am also from a good climate. Even my wife who likes Florida hates the California hot though, somehow. She likes Florida hot because it's either well air-conditioned or you can go in some water at a beach and it's nice, vs. California hot where the air-conditioning is poo poo, the power company cuts off your power for four hours in the middle of the day because they think it's funny, and the beach is made of poison and lasers.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Me too, that's my ideal temp range- I get it for a brief window here in southern Delaware, USA where it's humid and disgusting in the Summer but not too bitter cold in the winter

Stoner Sloth

we got that temperature range here at the moment for the most part - autumn and winter here are pretty mild and don't generally get below 40 degrees farenheit at their coldest. very occasionally it gets cold enough in the hills for a tiny amount of snow

summer though gets to over 116 at times and often over 100

biosterous

my day was fairly nice! i got groceries in the morning which meant i had the rest of the day to read threads and beat the return of the obra dinn (which is fantastic)

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It was so hot in my house the coconut oil in the pantry melted

Joey McChrist

hi byob how are you doing tonight i made burgs and am now gonna play a game

Kief Richards posted:

hot stuff!

Stoner Sloth

Joey McChrist posted:

hi byob how are you doing tonight i made burgs and am now gonna play a game

nice!

am mostly okay, got hives at the moment which is weird cause i don't tend to get allergies to anything so just 'enjoying' being itchy and dealing with real estate people. fun times.

ah well at least i have BYOB to keep me in good spirits!

Kief Richards posted:

this made me realize that coconut oil here melts for 6 months of the year. could keep a jar in the pantry as a rough calendar!

alnilam

My best friend and I a long time ago when living together made up folk holidays

Butter desolidification day - the harbinger of summer, the day the butter is finally spreadable. A day for joyously eating spring crops and baking buttery pastries.

Butter solidification day - the harbinger of winter, the first day the butter is not easily spread. A day for canning and pickling.

We also invented all kinds of folktales like a william tell esque tale for BDSD - local evil tax man tries to take the town's butter and local hero shoots it out of his hand with an arrow and then picks the stick off of the arrow just before it melts off (bc it's BDSD you see) and hands it out to the people. This was partly an excuse for us to go arrow shooting as part of BDSD celebrations but it was fun.

alnilam

All of this began quite innocently with us being excited in april when we noticed you could spread the butter again, and we were like, isn't this the kind of life-relevant seasonal event ancient holidays are born of, so we made one up

xcheopis

alnilam posted:

All of this began quite innocently with us being excited in april when we noticed you could spread the butter again, and we were like, isn't this the kind of life-relevant seasonal event ancient holidays are born of, so we made one up

I must begin spreading this myth. We need quaint costumes, dances only women are allowed to perform (so, music!), celebratory foods involving butter (well, that's easy), and folksy tales both jolly and grim.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

nice!

am mostly okay, got hives at the moment which is weird cause i don't tend to get allergies to anything so just 'enjoying' being itchy and dealing with real estate people. fun times.

ah well at least i have BYOB to keep me in good spirits!

this made me realize that coconut oil here melts for 6 months of the year. could keep a jar in the pantry as a rough calendar!

Have you changed your soap or laundry detergent recently? Changed medications? Wearing a new shirt made of a material you've never worn before? Eaten a new food?

I would urge you to take hives seriously, as they could be an indicator for an allergy that you may end up with a severe reaction for in the future.

Is your breathing or heart rate different?

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

What up

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Stoner Sloth

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Have you changed your soap or laundry detergent recently? Changed medications? Wearing a new shirt made of a material you've never worn before? Eaten a new food?

I would urge you to take hives seriously, as they could be an indicator for an allergy that you may end up with a severe reaction for in the future.

Is your breathing or heart rate different?

i think it was from switching on the ducted heating here - it'd sat idle for a bit in an old house that hasn't been probably looked after and the pattern of hives is only on exposed skin plus seems to have been the timing on it. haven't changed meds... changed laundry detergent though so might check that out but would think it'd be only on the bits under clothes then?

haven't eaten anything strange either.

there are aminals around so that might have some effect - i do have some mild response to cats, usually not a problem but there are feral cats here that could have rubbed against the clothing on the line or something and had particularly high levels of that protein that causes allergic response.

also cause there is a sort of attached unit under here that has lain idle for a yaer and a half or so there are rats in the floors/walls getting in from there - they can't seemingly get into our bit but could perhaps have left allergens in the place?

heart rate and breathing seem fine - just mildly itchy skin stuff on back, neck and arms basically, not even really severely inflamed or anything

alnilam

drat i almost forgot it's closer to butter solidification day in the southern hemisphere. Hope you feel better stoner sloth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

Cold is the worst (unless it involves tasty beverages!)

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!