Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

roomforthetuna posted:

I had heard about people using vitamixes to blend and heat soup, and I got a similar high powered vitamix knockoff so I wondered about doing the same, so I looked it up, and holy poo poo, 10 minutes of blending to make the soup hot? Who would suffer that noise for 10 minutes rather than heat the soup in a pan or microwave for 3 minutes? I get not wanting to wash another thing, but it doesn't take 7 minutes to wash a thing, and nor is it as horrible as thirty additional seconds of blender noise.

What the gently caress? As a dude that generally has one bowl I clean everytime I'm hungry and that works, I don't get that poo poo at all. I got an electric hotpot so I can just boil water to put in soup in a bowl. or microwave it. or gently caress, open a can and put it on the stove til it gets bubbles and dump half them boil the rest in the can. why use a mixer to the point that it overheating is cooking the food when anything is a better choice? I'd used tongs to hold a can and hit it with a torch after cracking a seal and that works... some people go out of their way to make poo poo unnecesarry.

lol, whats opinions on the lets gently caress up this counter with just dumping food on it instead of using dishes designed for the task?

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i dunno about you guys but when i want soup i just seal it in a bag and run it through the tumble dryer for a while

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Dr. Honked posted:

i dunno about you guys but when i want soup i just seal it in a bag and run it through the tumble dryer for a while
Patent it, get millions in investments for this groundbreaking new product "Soupero".

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
also i heat my meat by rubbing it vigorously with other meat

Bad Video Games

Escape From Noise posted:

Someone I know IRL just came down with COVID. Feels like just a matter of time now.

I have somehow managed to dodge covid. My boss and his assistant got it, several techs had it, I think a couple of sales people at the other dealership had it, 1 of the other drivers was out today to get tested for it and at least 2 people that I interact with daily at a couple of shops had it. Maybe it helps that I haven't gone out in public without a mask since 2020 and I use hand sanitizer every time I get in my van.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i lived the life of a hermit since omicron arrived on the island. we had less than 400 cases, total, since the pandemic began. now we sometimes have as many as 300 new cases a day. bah

xcheopis

Omicron is more difficult for homeless people to avoid and is also hitting a lot of young children, so more of my colleagues are having people close to them either test positive or isolate because of exposure to someone positive. Everyone was given two rapid test kits to keep at home, just in case.

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

Robot Made of Meat

Dr. Honked posted:

also i heat my meat by rubbing it vigorously with other meat

You might be on to something here.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

xcheopis

Robot Made of Meat posted:

You might be on to something here.

I fear that would work out poorly for you

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Dr. Honked posted:

i lived the life of a hermit since omicron arrived on the island. we had less than 400 cases, total, since the pandemic began. now we sometimes have as many as 300 new cases a day. bah

My ex put the boy in daycare at the start of Omicron so he'd most likely die kuz she's a full blown fotze. I'm pretty pissed that when I get him half the time he's sick kuz she's too hosed in the head to just let me use my free weekdays to keep watching him. But then again she took him when he was 6 months old into a room she knew was occupied by someone coughing up covid and I told her she was a bad mother that day.
Big diff between some exposure and purposely endanging an infant.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

nesamdoom posted:

My ex put the boy in daycare at the start of Omicron so he'd most likely die kuz she's a full blown fotze. I'm pretty pissed that when I get him half the time he's sick kuz she's too hosed in the head to just let me use my free weekdays to keep watching him. But then again she took him when he was 6 months old into a room she knew was occupied by someone coughing up covid and I told her she was a bad mother that day.
Big diff between some exposure and purposely endanging an infant.

that's messed up

Twenty Four

Viginti Septem posted:

Tried to make that a bit easier to see

cruft posted:

more falafel please, I made a song about your username.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba9ho2J5GTk

You can see lyrics by enabling captions.

Dr. Honked posted:

POV you're a radio controlled snow buggy investigating my area today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA-aEphKsBA

this all owns! also

Gramps posted:

hey orbs. I love you. I feel like I don't say it enough, but I do.

Escape From Noise

I'm pretty sure heating canned food items directly in the can isn't a good idea.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I'm pretty sure heating canned food items directly in the can isn't a good idea.

I mean in dire circumstances it's alright, just not advisable. Also never in the microwave.

Escape From Noise

Zil posted:

Also never in the microwave.

...uhoh

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Zil posted:

I mean in dire circumstances it's alright, just not advisable. Also never in the microwave.

It's not hard to vent it and throw it on a open fire to heat it then crack it and dump out. I'm not just setting a can on poo poo(other than maybe a stove), but the can doesn't hurt the food.

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Oh I know there are just people who don't know to vent it first that might throw it into the fire and make a pressure bomb.

Twenty Four

I mean I've on occasion been camping where heating a can of beans or chili on some rocks next to the fire pit was a thing, but I can't say I've ever done it on the stove.

Robot Made of Meat

Canned food is cooked in the can. It's not a good idea to do it with the can still sealed, but . . .

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Canned food is cooked in the can. It's not a good idea to do it with the can still sealed, but . . .

def open or vented. it's a camp thing(like 24 said) and sometimes a poor thing for not having pans.

Twenty Four posted:

I mean I've on occasion been camping where heating a can of beans or chili on some rocks next to the fire pit was a thing, but I can't say I've ever done it on the stove.

Finger Prince

The inside of the cans are coated in various kinds of polymer which is like fine and normally food safe and all that but will definitely become part of the food if you heat it directly, which like, it won't kill you and it's probably fine in a pinch but if you have the luxury of a metal pot and a hotplate or even a steel grate on an oil drum fire under the bridge down by the river, just use that.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

The inside of the cans are coated in various kinds of polymer which is like fine and normally food safe and all that but will definitely become part of the food if you heat it directly, which like, it won't kill you and it's probably fine in a pinch but if you have the luxury of a metal pot and a hotplate or even a steel grate on an oil drum fire under the bridge down by the river, just use that.

This is more what I meant.

xcheopis

I was idly clicking through Alina Gingertail's videos and came across a group that does Indian Folk Metal.
They call themselves Bloodywood.
The documentary they did last year is titled "Raj Against The Machine".

Finger Prince

xcheopis posted:

I was idly clicking through Alina Gingertail's videos and came across a group that does Indian Folk Metal.
They call themselves Bloodywood.
The documentary they did last year is titled "Raj Against The Machine".

I saw these guys posted somewhere not too long ago. Maybe the post a music thread? Pretty badass.

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

I saw these guys posted somewhere not too long ago. Maybe the post a music thread? Pretty badass.

I quite like it!

Also, Gingertail is so talented!

Escape From Noise

Does anyone have recommendations on jeans? Something relaxed fit. The only jeans UniQlo has available in my waist size are straight cut or slim fit which I cannot wear comfortably. I'm probably going to have to order some from Rakuten or something.

Finger Prince

Does anyone have recommendations on jeans? Something relaxed fit. The only jeans UniQlo has available in my waist size are straight cut or slim fit which I cannot wear comfortably. I'm probably going to have to order some from Rakuten or something.

These are kinda bougie if you don't get them at winners/tjmaxx or something for cheap, but I love 7 for all mankind jeans, they're so comfy. I've got a relaxed pair and a hipster trash pair and they're both really good. If I remember, I'll get the model name off the relaxed ones when I get home.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

These are kinda bougie if you don't get them at winners/tjmaxx or something for cheap, but I love 7 for all mankind jeans, they're so comfy. I've got a relaxed pair and a hipster trash pair and they're both really good. If I remember, I'll get the model name off the relaxed ones when I get home.

Thanks for the recommendation, but for the same prices I'm seeing on Amazon I can buy Japanese premium denim here.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

OP have you heard of Levis?

Finger Prince

Thanks for the recommendation, but for the same prices I'm seeing on Amazon I can buy Japanese premium denim here.

Yeah, they retail for premium denim prices, so you kind of need to use a coupon or better yet find some kind of deal.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah, they retail for premium denim prices, so you kind of need to use a coupon or better yet find some kind of deal.

That's fair, just probably not too possible here. I'm going to check out something someone recommended. Thanks for the info though!

I found a shop that sells Levi's but they look to be mostly straight cut/slim fit. I can't fit my fat rear end into those.

I may just get this brand someone I know recommended. Their expensive but apparently last forever.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Speaking of meat I'm slappin mine over here

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

I'm a huge fan of lucky brand relaxed boot cut. vintage 367. I've had 3 pairs and they were/are the most comfortable for me. alil expensive compared to what I wear for work(pretty much any cheap pair that fits and I don't mind ripping holes in). But that's just personal preference since I don't like breaking in jeans and luckys come comfy from the start.

aldantefax posted:

Speaking of meat I'm slappin mine over here

I was requested to tenderise steaks once and i punched a knuckle hole through one. I was more gentle with the rest of them after.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Finger Prince posted:

you kind of need to use a coupon or better yet find some kind of deal.

:thunkher:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Goons Are Gifts

hello hi I have exciting news because I am now scheduled to leave hospital life for good in february and that was faster than anticipated but apparently we did either something right or something so terribly wrong that it turned right again but either way, it looks like you guys are gonna have to endure my posting im so sorry

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Aaaaaaaa that's awesome news! :glomp:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Goons Are Great posted:

hello hi I have exciting news because I am now scheduled to leave hospital life for good in february and that was faster than anticipated but apparently we did either something right or something so terribly wrong that it turned right again but either way, it looks like you guys are gonna have to endure my posting im so sorry

GaG I am so loving happy for you. Congratulations, keep kicking rear end, and we love you.

Also, here:

I like where I am.

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

:hellyeah: this is great news and i look forwards to enduring more of your posting soon!

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Goons Are Great posted:

GaG I'm glad you're either good or so hosed they just gave up and want you to enjoy yourself. Incase of the latter, please don't forget that cocaine is fun and consequences are iffy. Since I'm chucking characters at you here and this is a chill forum, the boy had fun with the card and the ghost lives in the hall right out from this room. We've been very nice and have made many hot dogs and sausages to share. Briten either has gotten better at finishing his food or the ghost sneaks in and finishes his hotdog/sausages for him. Either way, we all eat well. heres a photo of the first half of last year before the dude's mum cut his mohawk off to spite me(sad since he looked amazing.

bonus thing, my 34th bday present was the baby carrier since the dude was born a few days before and I was super into/am having him strapped to me rather than have to carry him, easier on the arms, but rough after deadlifts(better than leaning down/forward for a stroller thats not tall enough). Beste Wünche

also, are these motherfuckers taking the piss or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince