Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hi I'm new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

biosterous posted:

hi i'm new and i have never posted

:thunkher:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Hi new I'm Rarity :tipshat:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I have come to the important conclusion that wine is good

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

I have come to the important conclusion that wine is good

Post the old grapes

Heather Papps

hello friend

grapes rule cause if they go bad you either get wine or raisins which are both fantastic

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I was a California Raisin in 1988 for Halloween. It was rad.

take the moon

by sebmojo
just want erryone here to know i love them and im sorry i post like a clueless dork sometimes

its a pleasant afternoon here

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

xcheopis

take the moon posted:

im sorry i post like a clueless dork sometimes

Slacker

Manifisto

lol

cruft

take the moon posted:

just want erryone here to know i love them and im sorry i post like a clueless dork sometimes

Oh no, is this something we need to apologize for? :ohdear:

I'm sorry for posting like a clueless dork all the time.

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

I like milk and diet coke over ice. Can you think of a good name for this drink?

cruft

take the moon posted:

clueless dork

Clueless: Ur a dork

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Charles Bukowski posted:

I like milk and diet coke over ice. Can you think of a good name for this drink?

Yes, I think I'll call it "the wet bastard," because that sounds... interesting, and wet.

Manifisto

Charles Bukowski posted:

a White Mormon

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

a White Mormon

But it's caffeinated :ohdear:

more falafel please

forums poster

Manifisto posted:

a White Mormon

don't mormons not drink caffeine

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Mormon Nailer posted:

But it's caffeinated :ohdear:

a spicy mormon!

Heather Papps

hello friend

more falafel please posted:

technically it's any hot drinks but we all know how things go

more falafel please

forums poster

Heather Papps posted:

technically it's any hot drinks but we all know how things go

wow really. what's the threshold like if you leave a glass of water in the sun too long is that a sin?

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Manifisto

more falafel please posted:

the lds specifically clarified that caffeinated sodas are okay, although not necessarily recommended

reputedly the lds has a stake in coca-cola, in a very weird coincidence (this may be an unsubstantiated rumor but it's a fun one)

https://www.eastvalleytribune.com/n...19bb2963f4.html

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

this is not a real historians perspective but it really seems like a poo poo tonne of mormon doctrine was based on what joeseph smith thought was a pain in the rear end. his wife complained about having to make coffee and stuff for his followers? BAM hot drinks are AGAINST THE LAW. his wife was on his case? BAM multiple wives.

on the one hand i am not a fan of mormonism for this and many other reasons, but on the other hand i kind of have to admire a man who turned regular life annoyances into church doctrine that to this day is followed. joe was a hell of scam artist.

this reminds me to go hunting for more mormon youtube videos.

alnilam

He was killed because he couldn't stop being horny and slept with some lady in the Midwest who was married while they were traveling west martyred for his beliefs

Must have been a crazy charming dude

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have a funny story about the FLDS that I can't share because they're like as scary or more scary than the cult my mom was in.

Rest assured I'm chuckling though.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also kids don't join a cult, unless you're totally prepared for a wild rear end ride.

Escape From Noise

A Clockwork Cola

Heather Papps

hello friend

i wonder this sometimes, especially with the recent "love has won" mother god dying of alcoholism and silver poisoning thing - does anyone ever realize they are joining a cult?

it seems like if you are going all in you never think of it as a cult, it's just your family and friends getting worried. do any cult members realize what they are doing?
i kind of assume they think of it as joining a church or religious community more than a problem cult but clearly some of them are like "i know what this looks like but i'm so opted in i don't care if it's classified as a cult"

Manifisto

Mormon Nailer posted:

Also kids don't join a cult, unless you're totally prepared for a wild rear end ride.

that whole NXVIVM thing pretty much proved that people will never, ever learn

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

I think it's usually about the cult giving it's members a sense of belonging they lacked. Also at the beginning they're beliefs are going to be fairly benign, but as you advance they isolate members more and beliefs become more extreme. To put it in more simple terms.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

that whole NXVIVM thing pretty much proved that people will never, ever learn

*gestures vaguely toward the science olololologists*

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

I think it's usually about the cult giving it's members a sense of belonging they lacked. Also at the beginning they're beliefs are going to be fairly benign, but as you advance they isolate members more and beliefs become more extreme. To put it in more simple terms.

Love bombing.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Love bombing.

Oh yeah! That too.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
The cult of BYOB

xcheopis

The Moonies tried to get their claws in me when I was 13.

Escape From Noise

I sorta joined a benign cult when I was in high school briefly. They just got the cash. In retrospect I'm kind of surprised I didn't get sucked into something more intense. I was/am a very depressed kid.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My mom was one of those people at the organization what is at sea and, well, it was exactly a very normal, even good, never bad, definitely not bad childhood.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Like if you ever think "wow Hamjobs is unhinged" please note that I am a very suppressive person.

Stoner Sloth

Mormon Nailer posted:

Like if you ever think "wow Hamjobs is unhinged" please note that I am a very suppressive person.

have you been working with Xenu again? :tinfoil:

Escape From Noise

Bad boy of Scientology wearing a shirt that says "Suppress Deez", with an arrow pointing to their crotch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Mormon Nailer posted:

My mom was one of those people at the organization what is at sea and, well, it was exactly a very normal, even good, never bad, definitely not bad childhood.

are you talking about the organization that calls for an end to conflict under a particular color?

ty nesamdoom!