Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gramps

Hi chill forum people I'm gramps. I've been on this site a long time and I decided I should say hi cause I like chilling too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gramps

aldantefax posted:

hi gramps do you have any favorite crimes and also favorite pets (yours or others) or favorite foods

Teddy Thunders posted:

Hi pep-pep I hope you have Werther's in your pocket and FOP hair oil in your bathroom

Please tell me about your crimes and pets, from the good old days

First off, KITTY

His name is Vincent Van Biscuits but we just call him Mr. Biscuits or Mister B for short. He's a maniac rear end in a top hat and the most affectionate cat of all time. He's the best.

My favorite crime involves beeping doinks and or petting police horses

I like Mexican food especially Tortas and tacos, but I also just like cooking. Lately I've been making a mean Tortellini en Brodo.

I do actually have Werther's in my little treat stash. No FOP though. I am quite bald, but I do have a gigantic moustache so I have a healthy collection of moustache waxes and shave soaps.

Heather Papps posted:

excited to see this av

Most people really really hate it and I've been thinking about changing it. It's the MMA fighter Roy Nelson from when I posted in PSP all the time back in like 2007

Sig by Heather Papps

Gramps

Teddy Thunders posted:

Wanna pet that cat. Mister B is very handsome, you tell him I said so.

We like you so far, Gramps.

Also I am a big fan of the smell of moustache waxes, my bf has a really nice beard oil too that smells like cedar. I should tell him to wax his stache for palentine's day.

I went upstairs and petted him for you. He was annoyed because he was in his favorite spot in front of the fireplace.

Gramps

cruft posted:

I have to agree, this is a truly excellent cat name.

Mr B appreciates all the love. I thought I was being witty calling him Vincent because he only has half a left ear from being a TNR feral. Apparently he was so cool that they decided not to release him back to the feral den like they usually do. He was in the shelter in isolation cause apparently he's super aggro with other cats. The day we picked him up I just set down the cat carrier and he got right in. He rules. Glad BYOB seems to like him too

Gramps

hey hey Yobberonis have a snugglepig (can't let the pet thread hog him)

Ninja Edit: Also buy one of those blankies they're the best. I got it for my wife for christmas and it's the best thing I ever bought her. I think the brand is Cuddlduds?

Gramps fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 16, 2021

Gramps

getting old sucks. I just played guitar for an hour or so and now my hands hurt. i have apparently grown into my screenname. send help (and booze and kitties)

Gramps

Teddy Thunders posted:

I am mentally not okay so I am asking everyone to please tell me a gentle story from their life, with no death or harm, please. I'm trying to center myself so I can stay upright today and hearing tiny moments of joy helps.

hi internet fren- sorry your brain is being an rear end in a top hat. I will let you choose your own adventure. I am a notorious effortposter, so it'll probably be a drat novel.

Choose between:
The first time I smoked weed OR what it was like to work with Laura

Gramps

Teddy Thunders posted:

Oooh I wanna hear about Laura. I love people stories.

You got it!

Laura was the older sister of the lady that co-owned a family run music store I worked for a few years ago. Laura was in her early 80s, was extremely hard of hearing, and was the grouchiest little human I ever met in all my life. She worked in the basement doing all our band instrument repairs for us. She would come in between 2 and 3AM to work by herself, and then towards the end of her shift (around the time we opened the store at 10AM) She'd come upstairs and sit at the front counter right next to the phone. She was the first person customers would see when they came into the store, and she'd answer the phone. Thing is, she refused to have her hearing aids calibrated properly, so she could never hear anything. She'd answer the phone, say hello, then put them on hold so someone could actually help the person. In person it was almost worse. It was infuriating, but there wasn't anything we could do about it. Her daughter worked there with me and she begged her to stop coming in so early, and to not sit at the front counter- particularly after she snapped at some kids who asked her some question she misunderstood.

We eventually got her to stay down in her little area until it was time to go home so at least customers didn't have to deal with her attitude. Employees were another story. We would hire some high school kids every year to help during band instrument season. While we were training one of the new kids we decided to have some fun with him and send him to the warehouse with some beat up drumsticks to go find the drumstick sharpener. This poor kid went down to Laura who was grumpily working on a saxophone and he asked her where the drumstick sharpener was. She didn't seem to get the joke because he came back upstairs white as a ghost because she yelled at him. We were all dying of laughter cause we forgot she was still working, so the little time wasting prank ended up way funnier than usual.

Funny thing about Laura was she was also the sweetest little grandma ever. She loved her grandkids and her stupid little yippy poodle. When my son was born she handmade a christmas stocking for him with his name on it that we still have, and she always bought me a thoughtful gift for christmas. Laura was awesome. As much as I hate people sometimes, I loving love people.

Gramps

xcheopis posted:

Hamster story

My first pet was a Hamster named Teddy. She would get out of her cage by lifting the lid with her head while doing a pullup on the rim of the tank. We had to keep a big heavy book on top of the cage to keep her from escaping. One day my brother forgot to put the book on top and she got out and disappeared. We figured she was gone forever. About a week later I was in our laundry room and I heard some scratching around. I grabbed my dad and told him I heard noises under the furnace. He blew me off but I insisted. Guess who went into the cold air return and ended up under the furnace? I've never seen a Hamster stuff so much food in it's mouth before or since. Hamsters are cool

Gramps

Hey 'Yob frens how's your saturday? I'm profoundly stoned listening to swedish death metal it fuckin owns

Gramps

Manifisto posted:

that sounds great, I have no idea what swedish death metal sounds like but next time I get my hands on some weed I'm gonna fuckin find out

Fill your loving boots friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0sujFluBlE

Gramps

Manifisto posted:

that sounds great, I have no idea what swedish death metal sounds like but next time I get my hands on some weed I'm gonna fuckin find out

Fill your loving boots, friendo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0sujFluBlE

Sig by Heather Papps

Gramps

Teddy Thunders posted:

I cried about how good and pure dogs are today and I highly recommend it, dogs are a gift and if you are near one you should whisper that in their ears once in a while just so they know you love them.

Man I love my kitty but I think I really need a dog. Haven't had one since I lived with my parents 20 years ago. You guys gotta help me pick when the time comes. I think my wife wants a Samoyed or something. I know we're going to rescue but that's about it.

Gramps

hbag posted:

wahey i made my sig in like... under an hour

Wanna stare at this sig keep a postin

Gramps

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Samoyed dogs = best dogs. But they're not for everybody (people who are wrong, for example.)

They're getting more difficult to find in rescue these days though. That's probably a good thing.

We had a samoyed mix when i was a kid in Montana. She was super smart and insane. She would try to kill anything smaller than her, so it was bad if she got out and roamed the neighborhood. She caught magpies all the time. My parents ended up rehoming her after she dug up half the sprinkler system and dug a pit underneath the patio. My dad was not having it anymore. She was a loving cool pup and I miss her

Gramps

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Not sure what your pupper was mixed with, but my experience (10 Sammys and counting) is that they're loveable, but . . .not what I'd call super smart. I did have one who wanted nothing more than to escape. She always came back, so it wasn't like she really wanted to be elsewhere, but escaping was her thing. I've never wanted a "smart" pet. That seems like way too much work. I don't want to play chess when I come home, I want a big, dumb, happy pupper who is insanely happy to see me. Samoyeds have almost always provided that.

Man that makes me want a floof even more. We were told Mickey was a samoyed/malamute mix, but she was probably 50 pounds tops, and had a bit of a wiry build. My best guess is some kind of terrier. She was very sharp and alert, not super aloof like you maybe would expect with a Samoyed.

I've never really had snuggly dogs. Dogs were more of an outside animal when I was growing up. Having a dumb little buddy around all the time sounds awesome. My kitty rules but he's very judgmental of my off key singing and general buffoonery.

Gramps

biosterous posted:

i just found out that my good personal friend ButtTheShitmanFart is too busy working on Zyborne Clock to post in byob, but he said that he'll try to post in this thread next tuesday (unless byob is deleted)

THE ButtTheShitManFart? wow. I'm too high to know if this is fakepost or not. Are they working on Zybourne clock again?!?!?

Gramps

Heather Papps posted:

mine will say "Really Into Posting"

fuckin same homey/

Edit: Oooooooh doublepost

Double Edit: poo poo I need a new Title and tag realbad. What should I do? Not sure why I still have an overwatch gang tag

Gramps

watch me

Gramps

I'll do it

Gramps

dammit combobreaker

Gramps

Got it

Gramps

Don't know if you knew this but posting is hella fun, chums

Gramps

whats good friend

Gramps

cruft posted:

we knew

i knew I was in the right place. 'YOB rules, Youse guys rule. I wish I had started posting in here sooner

Gramps

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Im imagining the eyebrows start to curl up into a loop like a waxed moustache

like my actual moustache

Gramps

My wife discovering doordash is directly responsible for me gaining 10 pounds over the last year. Food is awesome.

PS Posting is still cool and good

Gramps

Manifisto posted:

:toot: that's wonderful, congratulations! will there be a gender reveal party?

congratulations it's a delicious ball o carbs. The gender reveal party is just eating the entire thing in one sitting cause its too good and you cant stop

Gramps

sb hermit posted:

Probably not with explosives. California doesn't need any more fires!

yeah, I am worried for my health but it's worth it!

I really want to go get some clam chowdah to put in it...

That could be good. Gotta at least make a nice hot sandwich with a slice or two before you sacrifice the rest to the soup gods. I've been addicted to hot ham and cheeses lately

Gramps

hooray for babbies! excelsior, jolo!

Gramps

biosterous posted:

buy the baby an account

Gramps

Nexein posted:

Hi friends I've been suckered into posting by a friend so I am now trying to embrace the :justpost: lifestyle so please look forward to any and all stream of consciousness word-vomit-slash-portmanteau that you have the misfortune of reading from me.

Nexein posted:

Vampire Weekend at Bernie's

sup bud :glomp:

Sig by Heather Papps

Gramps

B33rChiller posted:

I love your av. so smooth and spherical.

I love your av. It combines three of my favorite things. Beer. Comics. Chillin'

Gramps

Nexein posted:

Between my partner and my best friend though we've got about...a dozen dogs so I definitely feel like a dog dad.

Don't forget you're also a cat uncle. My little moron thinks the sun shines directly from your rear end for some strange reason.

Gramps

Manifisto posted:

hello fellow vampire weekend at bernie's bro

or, as we say here in the yob, "orb"

e: I realize that "orb" is "bro" backwards but that is purely coincidental, we mean "orb" as in sphere, but cooler

Now that I have context, orb is definitely the best term for byob frens. You orbs are alright. FYAD is as impenetrable as ever. Luckily I chose the right colored forum after all

Gramps

Nexein posted:

is it too late for holiday themed tiny dog coats

:dogcited:

Gramps

Finger Prince posted:

We lived in a world, in a time in a world, that Waterworld, starring Kevin Costner was created, in all seriousness, and we really all ought to think about and reflect on that.

i think about it a lot actually

Gramps

Rarity posted:

I just saw BYOB has its own probation av now :swoon:

oooh mods hit me with a 6 hour so I can see that beauty plz

I need to go to bed soon anyway

Gramps

As the resident taco evangelist of my friend group, welcome to taco town. If you can find an actual taqueria you must now set forth on the noble quest for "the best taco". I used to live in Colorado which is rife with amazing taco choices. Now I'm in New England and pickins are slim. I have a spot now that I bring all the homies and it's pretty damned good, especially for this part of the world. We only half jokingly refer to it as church. Good tacos are basically the closest thing to a religious experience that I regularly experience so it fits.

I don't wanna gatekeep, but there are rules.
Rule 1: share with your homies
Rule 2: horchata, jarritos, Mexican coke, or Mexican beer. Don't gently caress around with beverages.
Rule 3: bite the pepper. You might want to wait until the end of the meal as they can be randomly nuclear.
Rule 4: even if your Spanish is awful the lady at the taqueria is always amused by your attempts to order in Spanish.
Rule 5: tacos are inexpensive. Leave a giant tip you cheap gently caress.
Rule 6: no, corn tortillas aren't always better. Figure out what you like and stuff your stupid fat face.

I personally will always also order the lengua tacos, but they can be very hit or miss. If they have Pozole get some to go. Oh, and if you see a real Trompo (big spinning meat cone) then I advise you order the tacos al pastor.

/tacorant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gramps

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I honestly love a good lengua taco