Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
The gbs embassy thread closed so i guess, uh, hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
I enjoy friends and posting

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
I feel like the prettiest girl at the prom

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I hope someone invites me to the byob prom this year. :pray:

Will you go to prom with me

[]yes
[]no

We can go park at lovers lane afterwards

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
Sorry guys, the quarterback is gonna take me, I'm gonna s his d afterwards.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

shovel his driveway? in summer??

Fellatio

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
Tennessee has one of the largest pyramids on earth and it's a Pro Bass Shop

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
My friend hated his job and was going to quit and move to Memphis because the cost of living is low, so he told his boss he was going to quit and got a 10k raise on the spot.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

nah, thanks though. i like people to get their money's worth on an av change

I'm afraid I'm going to have to do what your text says and put you on ignore, sorry sib, it not personal I just have to follow orders.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

sorry heck, i have you on ignore and i'll be damned if i'm clicking that link to find out what hateful garbage you're spewing today

Wow, it's like you think the sun revolves around you or something
:keke:

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Holy poo poo

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
Good morning, friends. What does it mean if you have a dream about the forums?

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Splatmaster posted:

The assimilation is complete. Welcome to the 'Yob!

The dream was about new gbs subforums

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
I took a nap and now my tummy hurts

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
Happy Saturday! I hope you all accomplish a lot today!

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
Hello, Hector Beerlioz here! Good friend Super Mario Batali told me it was wrong to start a thread with out saying hello first and I apologize. Sorry about that. I saw a banner ad and wanted to talk about classical music, so I went about it in a wrong way. Sorry! Please chat with me if you like classical music and opera! PMs always welcome!

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
Oh dang, Jeff is here I like it already

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

FluffieDuckie posted:

welcome hector!

Hello, I appreciate your moderation in C4 with the basement, but by clicking on the banner ad I was excited to make a thread because it made me feel like I was welcome to do so and did not know the lurkers rule. If that's my fault that's my fault. I apologize and hope you can forgive me. Good friend Mario set me straight!

Thinking back, I kinda did know that rule and that thread was brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

FluffieDuckie posted:

oh it's no problem. we just try to keep things tidy by consolidating hello threads to this forum.

i'm a clean freak. you should see my house

Ok, thank you, just wasn't totally clear on it from after clicking the ad, but that might be just me God Bless love you all

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

classical music is extremely good and cool, hector. welcome

Who is your favorite composer? Mine is Dvorak.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 19, 2016

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Debussy is amazing, all my classical music friends hate him tho.

Got to gear Messian's Turanglalila at the National Symphony Orchestra and everyone walked out by the end, lol.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

HighwireAct posted:

big on Erik Satie

Debussy orchastred two of his gymnopeds, good listening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVQCo3jTNrw

e:plus did you know when Satie died the found 7 grand pianos in his apartment and about 200 never used umbrellas?

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

super mario batali posted:

Is Liszt on you list?(of good composers)?

I've got a Chopin Liszt

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

alnilam posted:

Yes he's great i love Hungarian Rhapsody 2 aka the loony toons piece, and his Dante symphony

Also big shout out 2 tha dissonant krew, arnie schönberg, ricky strauss, and the stravinskinator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13D1YY_BvWU

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
Hello, Symbolic, do you like classical music?

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Macnult posted:

I really enjoy Stravinsky and Chopin

That's a very bold statement. Two very controversial composers.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Piso Mojado posted:

Wagner was one of the most awful people to live on this earth but he created arguably the greatest operas of all time. I find that moral quandary intriguing and relevant. can the beauty of the art outweigh the repusiveness of the artist? I don't know but it's an important question.

Stephen Fry made an entire documentary about this question.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Piso Mojado posted:

what's the name of it?

Oh drat, it was a while back. It maybe have just been called Wagner. I'll look it up and get back 2 u.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

What opera should I start with?

Go to your library and find on dvd Ingmar Bergman's production of Mozart' The Magic Flute.

If that fails Puccini's Madama Butterfly or Verdi's Rigoletto.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Is it in English

No good opera is in English. England was known in the 1800s as "the country without music".

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
Well, Dido and Aneas by Purcell is in English but that's probably a bit too baroque for most tastes

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Oh good

I won't understand a thing

You tube has a movie style version of Rigoletto with famous fat man Pavarotti in it with English subtitles. Start here, my friend .

Phone posting, sry if link is janky.

https://youtu.be/sFtu9VV9f1o

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Piso Mojado posted:

the only thing worse than an opera in English is an opera in french imo

The Germans and Italians will agree with you.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Piso Mojado posted:

in all seriousness, go see an opera live, it's the only way to go. find out what's playing in your area and look up the stories. If it sounds like it has interesting plot/characters then go check it out.

opera is at its worse when the story is not enjoyable. like if you wouldnt go see a movie about it, then don't expect to like an opera with the same themes.

my first opera was the torn lover snoozer La buona figliuola and I loving hated it. but guess what I don't like romantic comedy film/books either. the music can be beautiful nonetheless, just isn't my thing.

Alternatively, the Met does Simulcasts of productions at movie theaters just like Rifftrax. I've been and they are great. Between acts you get a little behind the scenes thing with Renee Fleming.

Opera and Symphonies are great, friends. There is a reason this music is being played over and over for more than a century.

My 2 cents, ty for reading.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Piso Mojado posted:

I heard those were pretty good too. I haven't seen one but I might check one out soon. thx for the reminder.

Very good, saw Lucia di Lammermoore and Norma the last times. Good times.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Piso Mojado posted:

lol like they could ever agree on something :rolleye:

Fun fact, there was an actual law for a while in France that an opera had to have a ballet instrumental portion, so there are arrangements of German and Italian composers other chamber works for orchestra by French composers so the operas could be performed. Notably Weber's Die Freischütz had his piano piece Invitation to the Dance jammmed into the middle of it so it could he staged.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
Having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Piso Mojado posted:

I don't see the problem here

I would not mind eating that one bit

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
Yeah, i was thinking you'd need to put the Spaghetti-Os on it during the last 5 minutes of cooking or they would burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
I like to dip my pizza in ranch dressing