Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mexican Deathgasm

i recently emigrated from gbs, i was told there was plenty of jobs and free healthcare here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Deathgasm

i don't have many talents except i cook food ok, i made this for a lady on saturday:

it is digby scallops seared in brown butter in a maple bacon cup on lemon risotto.

also i am good at both spoiling and harassing my cats if that counts.

status_surge your cat is an adorable floof

Mexican Deathgasm fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 22, 2016

Mexican Deathgasm

FluffieDuckie posted:

we're pro cooking and pro cat here so you'll fit in just fine. we have a cooking thread laying around here somewhere you might want to check out. things kind of get lost falling off page one but i'm sure it will show up sometime soon

thanks for the welcome, i'll check that out.

Mexican Deathgasm

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Hello! I adopted two of my friends cats recently!

Hello!

Is that golden tinfoil flakes!!

hi matoi! it is 24k gold flake. surprisingly affordable actually.

byob seems pretty great and chill.

Mexican Deathgasm

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i fell for that too

they said, "plenty of 'yobs"

the free healthcare thing is a lie. I've been living in a cardboard box and conducting surgery on myself since i started posting here, although how much of that is down to BYOB is hard to say.

by the look of your avatar i assume you know skeleton holy spells and i know skeleton makeout spells so maybe we can open a little artisan spooktique together.

Mexican Deathgasm

misty mountaintop posted:

You make a couple of threads about your tits, and suddenly, you're "the tit girl."

shouldn't your username be plural then?

Furia posted:

Awesome

Not to step on your toes or nothing, but Matoi over there seems to be getting good results.

I mean I'm sure that is a good way to skeleton, but maybe there are other ways to skeleton. Maybe we all skeleton differently. Look I dunno

you just have to believe in yourself, there's a little skeleton inside of us all

Mexican Deathgasm

i am a weiner when it comes to coffee. i can drink about 500ml in a day max without getting lovely and jittery. i stick to cocaine and meth after 1pm

Mexican Deathgasm

MrWillsauce posted:

hey so can I get some grilled cheese tips please? I am craving some grilled cheese, but I gently caress up even basic stuff in the kitchen. Like, I can't even make over easy eggs without breaking the yolks half the time because I suck that bad. Basically I got butterfingers. Normally butter is good for making a grilled cheese, but it's like all over my fingers instead of on the bread. poo poo.

Anyway, my bread is kinda stale, will that matter really?
Should I use grated cheese? Whenever I do, some cheese falls out when I flip the sandwich, and it gets everywhere and burns at my grilled cheese just turns into two pieces of bread covered in fried cheese, which is edible but it makes me feel like an animal to eat. Maybe I just need to improve my flip skills.
Should I fry the bread a little before adding the cheese? Should I fry both sides of each piece and then add the cheese and melt it, or just assemble the sandwich and fry the two outside sides?

Basically I am spatula-challenged. Someone help me I can't even do bachelor cooking right. Just walk me through how to make this grilled cheese like I'm five please.

wasn't sure whether to post this here or E/N

Preheat a pan over medium heat. You can tell the pan is ready by adding butter to it and waiting until the butter bubbles and then stops bubbling. Fry some finely diced shallots or onion in the butter until they're soft. Add finely diced garlic and fry for a minute or two. Add your sandwich, which you make by putting grated cheese in the middle of two slices of white bread. I like a mix of old cheddar and gruyere, but anything is good. If you are a wild man, add some cayenne to the cheese. Fry the sandwich in the garlicky oniony butter (adding more butter if necessary) until the bottom is golden. By this point the cheese should be melted enough to hold the sandwich together when you flip it. Fry the second side until golden brown. At this point I like to open the sandwich and slip in those delicious fried onions and garlic, but that's optional. Consume with heavily peppered tomato soup.

Also, staleish bread works fine as long as it's not severely dessicated to the point of being hard.

Mexican Deathgasm

that was the most words I have ever used to communicate on the subject of grilled cheese

Mexican Deathgasm

MrWillsauce posted:

dude, do you wanna live with me?

i dunno, i cook pretty good but i also like dressing my cats up in little clothes so it's a wash really

Mexican Deathgasm

why did people get probated for a marijuana teddy bear shpongle tag?

Mexican Deathgasm

FluffieDuckie posted:

ooh that's not why they were probated. it just happened that the ones that wanted that tag were probated for other reasons.

aw, that's a shame, i'm going to pretend you just really hate pothead teddy bears that listen to electronic music.

Mexican Deathgasm

FluffieDuckie posted:

ok well i didn't do it so

ah i'll just pretend everyone hates them then.

Mexican Deathgasm

so is pedantra the resident entertainment or is she actually Shmorky's crazy girlfriend because she sounds just like her

not sure if we're supposed to just ignore her but i find her confusing

anyway that is some p awesome giffing guys. i really need to learn photoshop or gimp or something so I can contribute to the talent pool

Mexican Deathgasm

FluffieDuckie posted:

yes i love it when yobbers create things

understood.

there are a lot of talented people in BYOB.

Mexican Deathgasm

Yobgoblin posted:

Hi Mexican Deathgasm :wave: It's nice to have you join us!

Thanks!

Mexican Deathgasm

today I bought a giant framed blackboard and used stencils and chalk markers to put birds and words and stuff on it. then I played dungeons and dragons with my bros for eight hours and ate turkey chili. it was a good day. how were your saturdays?

Mexican Deathgasm

Luvcow posted:

i haven't played dnd in a long time and that just made me miss it. I spent most of the day with a splitting post alcohol headache then helped people move things before eating pizza, returning home to drink a few beers, paint and go to bed. Now its sunday morning coffee and dogs.

ive never done breakfast hot dogs and feel that I should as soon as possible

Mexican Deathgasm

i live in canada so i can eat hot dogs on the regular and then go get free meds when I inevitably get heart disease and diabetes

Mexican Deathgasm

Mexican Deathgasm

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

9 good posts in a row! how do you do it?

it's a gift really

Mexican Deathgasm

i would guess he is a 32 year old polish man with either giant muscles or a giant wang. either way, i approve.

Mexican Deathgasm

i will think of the next lurker to post pleasantly the next time i make love to a lady and/or farm animal

Mexican Deathgasm

today I spent three hours trying to figure out what a society of fantasy creatures called modrons would be like so that I can make an adventure for some fellow 30-somethings to go through when we play dungeons and dragons this weekend

what am I doing with my life

Mexican Deathgasm

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"I would love to help you, Sir, but I'm afraid that there is no qualified secretary to take the minutes, so our conversation is invalid."

Edit: "I am extremely sorry, but the shop cannot start its business until we've reached a quorum of 10 customers."

this is genius and I am totally doing this

Mexican Deathgasm

this is an official message from the bone bros:

Mexican Deathgasm

a woman wants to have lunch with me tomorrow but she doesn't like vietnamese so we can't go to the awesome Vietnamese place and she has an imaginary MSG allergy so we can't go to the cool little wonton place so i guess we're going to tim hortons to have lovely sandwiches. dating sucks. im done whining now, thanks for listening

Mexican Deathgasm

Doctor Dogballs posted:

last night i had a bad reaction to a medicine & I injured my stomach by inflating it with expanding gas (from the medicine)

(the medicine was imodium)

and now I have to log everything I eat and treat it like I'm testing wild mushrooms for poison. take a little nibble, wait a few minutes, and if I'm not in pain, then I can eat that thing.

that's awful, i didn't know imodium could do that. i'm now kinda scared of eating beans. feel better soon!

Mexican Deathgasm

i'm at a wintersleep concert and the opening band was called Walrus, both bands are out of halifax. my question is how many hipster points does tonight earn me

do I have to wear red plaid and wear thick rimmed black glasses now

Mexican Deathgasm

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You have to replace your avatar with a Kate Beaton comic.

as long as I don't have to start wearing scarves indoors

Mexican Deathgasm

FluffieDuckie posted:

wait till y'all get a load of my new duckie stationary. it's to die for

your handwriting is great, it's a cross between nerd and girly girl

Mexican Deathgasm

City of Glompton posted:

my coworkers are all Jehovahs Witnesses so I don't celebrate much in the office out of respect for their beliefs but I may have to make an exception for this...

i grew up in that religion, just eat some borcht at your desk and tell them it's pork blood soup

that or carry a door around with you and place it in front of people and knock whenever you want to talk to them

Mexican Deathgasm

ah at da dentiss. mah tonn is numm.

Mexican Deathgasm

yah too ov um.

Mexican Deathgasm

i have a crush on a girl should I continue flirting with her and watching for a reaction or should i tell her how I feel or should I just skip all that and ask her to poo on my chest

lurkers your input is appreciated

Mexican Deathgasm

MrWillsauce posted:

whatever you do, you've gotta get it off your chest

well yeah but my problem is getting her to put it on there first

Mexican Deathgasm

Doctor Dogballs posted:

what you gotta do is get in a physical altercation in front of her, and win the fight, preferably by striking the other fellow's testes with a blunt object. this is what i've learned from a lifetime of adam sandler movies

wisdom. in that case should i also do funny voices and make jokes about farts, maybe sing some crude songs about jewish people and masturbation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Deathgasm

sorry about your hiatus man, hope that clears up

apply lots of cream