Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

super mario batali posted:

What is the byob man doing on this list?

arnie hasnt posted here in ages?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i was arguing w/ a serbian guy last night for several hours wether or not the earth is flat or round

Nosfereefer

also he had interesting theories of the existance of a rounder shape than a circle

Nosfereefer

turns out all knowledge is unverifiable, meaning the world is actually flat. all scientists are in on the scam.

Nosfereefer

Ahundredbux posted:

did you tell him about the horizon?

at one point i was citing pythagoras re: a circle being "not-round", but no, he knew of better roundness

Nosfereefer

Fanky Malloons posted:

It's true. When you get a science degree, there's a secret message on your diploma that says "NOTHING IS REAL" and that's how they reveal to you that all science is in fact an elaborate lie.

dude i already got a BA, i know

Nosfereefer

Ahundredbux posted:

I was thinking more of the flatness of earth

horizons are a myth, man

Nosfereefer

City of Glompton posted:

BA = Bullshit Artist (1 weird secret universities don't want you to know)

:'(

Nosfereefer

FluffieDuckula posted:

i have a bba (big bullshit artist) AND an mba (masters of bullshit artist) :colbert:

thats like IK requirements tho?

Nosfereefer

true story, yesterday i was doing stock keeping @ work, and i found like a g of good hash

Nosfereefer

naturally i turned it to the police

Nosfereefer

just ate two pieces of wasa knäkkebröd with pickled herring #justscandiwegianstuff

Nosfereefer

i just handed in my master thesis which represents years of work and im not quite sure how i should feel

Nosfereefer

i've remembered to drink water

Nosfereefer

cda posted:

Way to go. That's awesome. What was it about?

the institutional structures of the hungarian field of history, 1954-1975

lsd turning your uncle into glasses of orange juice

Nosfereefer

i remember when my 6th grade teacher was trying to teach us about drugs. we all got pretty good idea of the acid scene during the 70's

Nosfereefer

"a friend of mine took a hit of acid and ended up backstage with jimmi hendrix and marty balin. gently caress, woodstock was something. you kids have no idea what you'll be missing out on"

Nosfereefer

"... and after staying up all night doing speedballs with frank sinatra and half of the grateful dead, we finally passed out somewhere outside of reno. so, i guess what i'm trying to tell you kids, the 80's was a loving wild time. what class is this again?"

Nosfereefer

"drugs were so cheap back then, people would basically pay you to eat quads. hell, i remember once when david bowie just came in with an entire bucket full of assorted pills and just kind of started handing out fistsfulls. to this very day noone has yet discovered the true ingredients of bowies secret pill mix"

Nosfereefer

cda posted:

Did any good historiography get done in hungary during those years or was it all Cold War propaganda stuff

ca until the 60's it was pretty much all extremely low-brow stalinist propaganda outside the very elite academy of sciences. from then on the hungarian field of academic history would go on to become world class. the vice-president of the academy's historical institute was actually employed at a university in indiana as well by the 80's and would frequent between the countries.

Nosfereefer

most of the stalinist historians ended up in exile, along with the former party general secretary himself. after the failed revolution of '56 and the soviet invasion the new kádárist regime did a remarkable job of turning the ship, and the entire country went from being the most repressive in the eastern block to the so-called "happiest barrack".

Nosfereefer

hamjobs posted:

good 3am, my byob friends, i am going to be on a plane again in 7 hours so i am up and doing laundry. whee. my life is a series of planes.

in a certain physical sense, isn't all our lives?

Nosfereefer

City of Glompton posted:

would watch this byob knockoff of Harold & Kumar go to white castle

Nosfereefer

cda posted:

i think when pelople actually know things about things, it is cool. It's cool that you know this. If I ever have any questions about hungarian historical institutions after WWII, i know who to ask

it might happen more often that you realize!

Nosfereefer

also, i want to know one thing; why sonic the hegdehog and aspergers?

Nosfereefer

Olive! posted:

al dorito

(pbuhn)

Nosfereefer

drilldo squirt posted:

Monkey's are huge assholes. Babies are just freaking dumb.

countrerpoint

https://i.imgur.com/dP22ZGU.mp4

Nosfereefer

Nosfereefer

there is this place in the netherlands, apenheul, where there are bunch of free range monkeys and apes. youre not allowed to bring small objects inside because some cheeky monkey will steal it

Nosfereefer

as the page says;

Nosfereefer

you could definitely teach a monkey to smoke weed

Nosfereefer

UWBW posted:

I did a google and it was a good google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb08EUtRsRY

thats not a monkey tho, its member of the great ape family

Nosfereefer

i dont think you need to teach those how to smoke - just give them some smokeables and a lighter and they will figure it out

Nosfereefer

its been proven that chimpanzees left to their own devices with a bong and a quarter will learn to smoke by 2-3 hours, and become a stoner by as little as a week

Nosfereefer

that's almost as good as humans, by the way

Nosfereefer

thats also why they moved most of the hemp production to the new world by the 1700's.. apes ain't native to the americas, see

Nosfereefer

can mods issue probations based on not posting? i feel that since the rule is that lurkers must post, somebody should enforce that rule

Nosfereefer

agreed

Nosfereefer

looks like someone is having a bad case of the mondays lmbo :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

punchymcpunch posted:

guess what i realised today

have you ever fed a dog tablescraps? if you have, then you were eating dogfood

have you eaten anything? well guess what