Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaguars!

Good morning everybody. I am having a very empty weekend instead of an extremely busy one and I'll give you zero guesses why. I'd rather be doing the things I had planned but the time to just chill has been good too.

Here is a project so new I haven't even posted it to the model thread:

I got this for christmas 2018 I think and have been doing a few bits a week so this gal has been on the slips for an appreciable fraction of the time that the real titanic did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!

Good morning!

Jaguars!

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Watch out for ice cubes, Tinytanic!

The tragedy was worsened because lifeboats were not included :zaurg:

Thanks!

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Do they make one of these for Lusitania?
Probably not, they tend to make a wide range of things, cars windmills, etc. The brand is metal earth, I see them mostly in bookshops. They're really nicely cut, but very, very small.

Manifisto posted:

this is pretty cool! what's it made of? is it ultimately going to get painted/put in a diorama?

It's folded steel, you can see the little folded tabs along the edge of the hull. I glues a few bits that didn't fix well like the first funnel. This one is just going on my shelf in the natural finish, I'm tempted to get another one and paint it but I think it's too much effort.

Jaguars!

Good morning everybody. My lockdown hair status is alert level 4: Flock of Seagulls

Jaguars!

It's a strange feeling when you are looking for the link to a video because you couldn't watch it with sound at work and all you remember is that it was posted during a dick related derail and after 30 minutes at home trying to retrace your work browsing of the day you realize that you read dick related derails in at least four different threads today on your work computer.

Jaguars!

ForbiddenSock posted:

Hi everyone.

I'm inbetween jobs and hobbies at the moment. I was hoping to find solace in video making but I am lacking inspiration. I wanna make poo poo, but I don't wanna think about poo poo. Because my brain is poopoo.

Who else is suffering from watching their precious free time burning away around them without any new projects to devote it to in a surreal moment of unemployment and despair?

A Pandemic is not a holiday. Anything you do over and above the day to day is very much a bonus. It's important to remember that, because if you have the time, you probably don't have the money. If you have the money, you probably don't have the time. And if you have both, you're probably old enough to be age vulnerable or there'll be some other source of stress. Don't feel like you have to do anything, for four weeks it just seemed like I worked, looked after my nephew, ate then bed. It was only when circumstances eased that I was able to actually do anything and even than my big achievement was darning a hole in a pair of trousers over the course of a week!

Jaguars!

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I just found out that Ghetto Superstar is like based on the tune of Islands In the Stream by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers and my mind is kind of blown?

You just couldn't escape that tune for a whole summer here and looking back on it I'm proud of my country because we sent it to #1 and the US only went to #2 on the R&B charts.

Jaguars!

My musical discovery for yesterday is that that the radio edit of that Redbone song cuts out just when the good bit starts. I listened to just the ending like a dozen times in a row, it has like some really good counterpoint or some other musical thing like that.

Related: BYOB is now 4 hours in credit for sleep. Enjoy your sleep ins, you lucky people!

Jaguars!

Good evening everybody; I am more glad then usual to be posting with you, I hope you are going ok, and Godspeed, Godspeed John Glenn

Jaguars!

I have not :f5:'d for a very long time as I have for the Goon UN in GBS.

Jaguars!

xcheopis posted:

I'm stuck in a mood of wanting to hang out with my fellow orbs (here and elsewhere) but not having the energy to talk to anyone.
So I'm reading webtoons and r/hobbydrama.

lol hobby groups really do seem to attract their own unique form of drama

E: mine is fully evolved, thanks

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 9, 2020

Jaguars!

Tin Tim posted:

Also I engaged in more petty theft by jumping a fence and grabbing a few apples :ninja:

OMG you didn't tell me you were a scrumper!

Jaguars!

Thank you so much for restoring the proper font in the 'YOB Goldmine. Finally our finest posts have their proper dignity restored.

Jaguars!

Goons Are Great posted:

Hello gullnado and great mangoes friends I just woke up and for some reason began reading court decisions about people who got prosecuted for drawing penises on things. You won't believe how many there are

Please read the judicial history of the Purple Nurple in Sweden if you haven't already

Jaguars!

Chewbecca posted:

Morning goonlings, it's Friday so you know what that means :effortless:

It's time for laps that's right
Start to rev those machines

Oh, no, that's saturday sorry

Jaguars!

Zurtilik posted:

Got that Nu Metal bug. Listening to Limp Bizkit.

Send help!

ngl I consider My Generation a classic of the whine metal era

Jaguars!

:tootzzz: :toot: :confuoot::krakentoot: :sureboat: :comfyoot: :toot:

Jaguars!

So long TS-1031, you were the best little test mouse. :wave:(but sad)

Jaguars!

Luvcow posted:

:smith: entirely my fault. i had three days off and wanted to do a bunch of updates and then no one posted (except the one bfm post which was beautiful) and i had a few drinks friday night and next thing you know i gave up and closed it down. i may open it back up again before the end of october bc i really had wanted to do something as an ik that people could read and participate in everyday, i just came to the conclusion that people come here to escape and read funny things and my thread seemed to be not filling that need. again entirely my fault, ty for participating in the thread though.

v. much not the case! I save it up for after work so I can listen to the music. I just... didn't have opinions on the actual decisions, I just wanted to see what happened and there's only so much that you can post :allears: or :ohdear:

Jaguars!

Well, full credit to my dad, he actually noticed I was feeling down in the dumps and asked me what was wrong. I'm pretty sure I've heard better dating advice watching misfits but it's nice to confide in someone, even if it had grumbling about the labour party in the middle of it and had to stop for the final chase.

And so long to Tanuki, I'm gonna miss that little ginger lion :cabot:

Jaguars!

lmao

Jaguars!

Zurtilik posted:

Very cool tattoo time.

Reminds me of the time I fell asleep during a rowing regatta and one of the junior teams painted my nails in the club colours.

They did my toes too. I never doubted their resolve from that day on

Jaguars!

Hello, I finally caught up with the music thread and this is the best song about a 12 foot home depot skeleton I have ever heard!

Jaguars!

lol

Jaguars!

Just play Temporary Secretary until your brain resets itself.

Jaguars!

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Well I finally got some indoor plants. Front (l to r) a pepperamia of some kind, two cacti. Rear (l to r) a ming fern, a plain old fern.

Not sure if you name plants or not. The big fern kind of looks like a 'Keith' to me.

Now to find some plant stands...

Grace, Keith
Idris, Joy, Gwendoline

Jaguars!

Hello everybody what's up with you? Absolutely nothing different about my posting today

Jaguars!

I'm absolutely stunned that anyone's ever spent more than 5 seconds thinking about my posts, tbh.

Jaguars!

My uncle is playing choral Christmas music and I swear this is the theme to the Vicar of Dibley.

Jaguars!

Kief Richards posted:

I'm the rapidly accelerating penis

ooh, you flirt

Unexpected bonus illustrations too, esp a number of previews in the links

Jaguars!

quote:

Talk:Dance belt
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search

The level of euphemism usage in this article is ridiculous. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 75.73.64.118 (talk) 21:09, 30 May 2012 (UTC)

Jaguars!

quote:

In the case of the male rider, a painful injury could result when unsupported, low-hanging testicles strike the saddle, for example as the rider raises and lowers his position while posting during a trot.
:gonk: I hope you all have your dance belts on when you post during a trot, friends

Jaguars!

cruft posted:

One day I decided to try only reading Science Fiction written by black women for a month and now I can't tolerate the stuff I was reading before because it annoys me too much.

I hope this serves as a cautionary tale.

I'd love to get some of these names and titles for my reading list. And just any general not DWM sci-fi. :coolslime:

Jaguars!

cruft posted:

LOL DWM sci-fi.

I started with Akata Witch, then Akata Warrior, then went on to the Binti trilogy. Took a slight diversion with Trail of Lightning, then on to the Broken Earth trilogy.

They were all really, really good. Akata Witch is firmly YL. Binti only slightly less so. The rest are for grown-ups.

I'm currently stalled out in the middle of the Lilith's Brood series. It's been difficult for me to focus lately.

That's all I can remember right now, but that's 12 books, which seems like maybe enough to start with :)

Thanks! :) Should have known better than to just start abbreviating things on the internet (original was Dead White Men, BTW)

Jaguars!

Good news everyone! My boss furnished me with a new tip for my pole. The old one was worn to a nub and had a pink splotch that wouldn't go away. The new one is big, black and smooth. Let me pull it out for you!

:nms: old one:nms:

Jaguars!

It's my birthday, office tradition is that you take in a cake for your birthday so I made a cheesecake

I can't remember ever making good food for anyone so it was really cool to have everyone share and enjoy it!

alnilam posted:

Woah is that a scribe or ?

Look, this is very personal, it's not every day that I choose to share photo's of the tip of my pole that is used for surveying

Jaguars!

Thank u everyone :blush:

Jaguars!

xcheopis posted:

What flavour was the cheesecake?

Lemon, here's the recipe from the edmonds' cookbook, which is like the standard reference for cookery in NZ.

I was more generous then that with the lemon though which made it a little more tangy and less sweet.

GL with your job Biosterous! :luca:

Jaguars!

I am isthmus posting right now, just try and stop me!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!

My dad and brother are both self-taught amateur lumberjacks. You'd be surprised how many limbs they still have.