Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Stoner Sloth posted:

welcome & chat to you friend!

i like your av, it seems chill

have you got any favourite crimes/pets/hobbies/pizza toppings/varities of taco to tell us about?

Well... my meowing bird and analytical psychologist Dr. Birdo and I practice illegal Shamanistic alchemy and to rid my ancestral lineage of bad karmic energy while creating art for world.

So just your typical day-to-day poo poo. This place seems chill. What's your favorite color?

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

xcheopis posted:

Greetings and salutations

Namaste

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Stoner Sloth posted:

nice - that sounds like a BYOB approved crime!

hmm favourite colour, tough question - I think if I had to pick one it'd be green just cause plants are p chill but i'm also very fond of purple and of course the lovely BYOB colours which tell me it's time to post with pals!!

I like that answer

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Manifisto posted:

I forget, did you say how long you have had birb?

Birb is 30, but I don't "have" her. She and I choose to be together right now as we learn. I'm letting her flight feathers grow back out after being caged for thirty years under my uncle's care now that he has passed. We're also relearning how to fly. :)

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Manifisto posted:

lol I was gonna use another word but it came out sounding awkward. I do endorse the sentiment though. flight training is such an awesome thing and I think it's wonderful that you are focusing on this. you said "relearning," did she originally learn to fly at the proper fledging age?

Judging by her landings, or crashes more like, I would say she did not. But she's getting better.

I have to be careful though, because there's a fox in the neighborhood, and it has walked up to me and birb twice now, within arm's reach, and I've narrowed it down to two possibilities. It either is my spirit animal. Or it wants to make stomach friends with birb.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Manifisto posted:

oh yeah sounds like a lot of caution is in order, especially if she can't land properly

Good feedback. I will research more thoroughly moving forward.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
22/7ths is not a pi whole.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Goons Are Great posted:

wait I just looked up the definition of pie vs. cake and based on that, it seems that pizza, technically, is a pie??

Then why do they call it pizza cake?

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Wait, is this forum in Comic Sans?

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I have it set to mid-90's Wingdings, but all I'm getting is Comic Sans.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Who still uses monitors? How old is this forum?

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Mormon Nailer posted:

What's a forum?

Not much, what's a forum with you?

Sorry, my orientation paperwork said I have to respond that way.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I like the smell of basements.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Mmm... Sushi 🍣 🐠🐟 🍚

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I need to work on some documents to finalize my acceptance back to college.

And maybe look for a new job.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I despise working on documents. even really easy ones. for some reason, filling out my information in boxes on a sheet of paper just really pisses me off. and it's like one of three things in life that pisses me off, which is also weird. but that's just me.

i wish you luck in you endeavors. may your ink never smudge, and may the boxes always be long enough to accommodate your info.

Oh cool, thank you!

Yea, I've gotten much better with getting down to crunch time and doing things in my older age. I used to despise all that same stuff too. I used to really worry that I was overlooking something, or I'd wig out thinking there was just too much and I'd never do it right, etc. I learned somewhere over the past couple years that like 90% of applying for something big and doing paperwork is just the attempt. Somehow if you just start things they seem to get finished. Or by starting it and then contacting someone on the other side, they will complete it for you lol.

The biggest fear for me with this was realizing that when I got in trouble and went to prison back in 2016 that my loans defaulted and I wasn't going to be able to get new loans until I got my $16k undefaulted.

But I broke and called the loans servicer and they renegotiatedy repayment to like $5.00/mo until September when I can get on title IV stuff. Until September there's no interest anyway. And they waived all the collections fees, which were $2500.

It feels good to be getting all my past debt taken care of, working on my credit for the past year really hard. I feel like I'm finally getting close to being responsible (a lifetime struggle for me lol)

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Escape From Noise posted:

God. I'm there. I've made a little progress but everything seems like one step forward, two steps back. I know a bunch of things that need to be changed, some will cost more than others, but I need to run everything by the owner first. I do think part of it is a language barrier as well as the owner not quite understanding terminology. At least my coworker has been really helpful in letting me know how I was misunderstood, and where I need to clarify but... Jesus I feel worn out.

What's the language?

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Escape From Noise posted:

Japanese. I can speak it conversationally, but I usually struggle with jargon and explaining more complex processes, especially if there's not a shared understanding of terms, meanings, standard practices, etc.

Have you tried app based translators? I know the limiting factor there is that translators don't understand complex processes, but you might be able to start by defining key concepts back and forth that can build up to the more complex jargon.

Or even bringing in a human translator?

There's gotta be translator students who are needing work for practice.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
That's neat. It's cool to see a bit of the inside of what goes into brewing. Sounds like you need to find some nice way of getting the owner some knowledge.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Definitions are crucial. I've really been expanding my reach with making sure that everyone agrees to a set of definitions during discussions. It usually works out the bugs before the discussion even takes place. Communication is so critical to resolution.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Good morning, byob

The magic circle coloured outside the lines last night.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Everything is pretty chill right now

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Mormon Nailer posted:

Feeling extremely unbyob about the weight of everything particularly some extremely current events so I'm going to go smoke and then go to bed

For a friend

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Yea gently caress avocados, even if they're prepared and packaged as guacamole.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
A dissociated cell steps out from the shadows.

"Hey adenosine, you ever try phosphate?"

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
B
Y
O
B

Bee yoab

Byobe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGUnLz0sthA

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Mormon Nailer posted:

PAINT THE LIGHT.

Yes, the light.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
My mom was just telling me of a Korean bbq place she had gone to. I really like Thai food but haven't had it in years

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
The cult of BYOB

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Stoner Sloth posted:

have you been working with Xenu again? :tinfoil:

I think so

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
It's classic predatory victimization

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Manifisto posted:

IMO it bears a lot of resemblance of the playbook by which psychopaths manage to hook and torture victims, usually women

it's creepy

Trap 'em early, or while they're weak. Sow distrust of everyone that isn't "us". Gaslight them with journaling of every detail of what everyone does. Sow paranoia from this. Entrench their life so deep into the group that to leave would destroy them. Financials are managed by the leader, and if you ever leave they will make your life hell.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I drink my water clear.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I got upset at a MiO commercial for saying they "fixed" water.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Manifisto posted:

that all sounds right. I had typed up a few notes but I realized it's pretty unbyob. I think it's important stuff for people to be aware of though.

Yea, gotta keep thing BYOB

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Please enjoy a photo, byob

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Mormon Nailer posted:

That's really really really good colors. God drat.

Oh thank you, I've been exploring how to bend light lately.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Finger Prince posted:

Anita Lane sounds like something a Scottish director would demand of their dialog writer.

Hehe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Rarity posted:

Rule #1: Thou shalt drink the White Claw

Oh. But I don't drink...?