Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

Yes but our weather in the summer is “ash falling from the sky” so it all balances out.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Oh man food tier lists

This can only end badly

FluffieDuckie

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Hello the yob. I want to interrupt this day or gorging on carbs and arguing with relatives to say that I am really and truly thankful for BYOB.

Although 2020 has been easier on me than it has been to many others on the green-blue ovoid, it has still sucked. The people of BYOB are cooler and funnier than any other group in cyberspace, and posting here has been an uplifting experience that has helped keep me positive and stable in the face of the various difficulties that I've encountered in the past 11 months.

I agree. It’s been nice to come hide in here.

I love you all :love:

FluffieDuckie

Kief Richards posted:

We are all very stoned and it is very funny

Your Thanksgiving is going better than mine.

FluffieDuckie

rear end-penny posted:

How is your t-break going, FD?

I’ve eaten way too many stuffed mushroom appetizers and dinner hasn’t even happened yet.

FluffieDuckie

:wave:

FluffieDuckie

Hello friends. I’m sorry for my absence. I’m happy for btsmf posting and all other good news. :love:

FluffieDuckie

Teddy Thunders posted:

Hi Duckie we missed you!!! I hope you're doing okay.

BTSMF posted and you came back, an auspicious week in the yob!!!!

He was more powerful than we ever knew

FluffieDuckie

Hello friends. It’s 1:45 am and sleep is not something that’s going to happen tonight.

As usual.

I hope you all have better luck in the sleep area and awake bright eyed and bushy tailed.

FluffieDuckie

Hello everyone!

I have a comment about approaching long lost friends.

My college roommate and I haven’t really been in touch since, well, college. We exchanged Christmas cards but even though she continued to send letters every year my life got complicated and I didn’t feel like I could write cheerful letters every Christmas.

I felt like I’d just lost that relationship. Then this Christmas for some reason I decided to reach out. I wrote her a long letter explaining everything that I’d been through and why I stopped writing.

2 days later she called me crying and we talked for 2 hours. We have plans to travel to meet up once the covid restrictions are lifted.

Don’t be afraid to reach out just because it’s been a long time. If they’re good friends you might be able to just pick up where you left off.

FluffieDuckie

I’ve had cigars twice in my life. Once when I graduated from grad school and once when I was at a murder mystery party dressed as Marilyn Monroe

I’d give you a trip report but I was falling down drunk both times and barely remember it.

Fortunately there are pictures to remind me...

FluffieDuckie

FluffieDuckie

bad guy posted:

the main street of an old west town, a tumbleweed, the sound of spurs, two dudes slowly walking backwards towards one another, fingers on their belt buckles, ready to drop trou

Finally a battle I can get behind.

FluffieDuckie

cruft posted:

If you leave a Nissan leaf plugged into a charger for a whole week, the 12V battery dies. This is a hell of a thing.

It's like auto manufacturers still haven't quite worked this all out yet. Maybe it another 100 years...

Mr duck’s Tesla’s drivers side door decided not to let him in even though the other 3 door handles slipped out and said howdy. There’s no way to manually open a Tesla door. Either the door handle slides out when you approach the car or you’re screwed. So he had to enter through the passenger door and reach across to open the door manually. When he went around the car to open the drivers side door the seat was full of coffee bc ofc he knocked his coffee out of the cup holder reaching across to open the door.

So he got to drive home in a pool of coffee.

There are no Tesla repair shops so he had to put in a work order online and either they’ll try to fix it with a software download or if they think it’s a hardware problem they’ll send a service vehicle to the house.

Does everyone remember when cars were dumb and you just unlocked them with a key and drove home? That was a real nice time.

FluffieDuckie

cruft posted:

I assume this is on the Model S. I've fixed this twice on warranty and once myself, because I also live in the sticks and didn't want to wait for the mobile tech to drive 400 miles from the next state over. It happens because of this weak wire connected to the switch that senses when the handle is all the way out. The motion of the handles presenting flexes the wire too many times and eventually it breaks.

They supposedly have a new part that fixes this, but I'm surprised to be reading this in 2021, so maybe the new part isn't as good as they thought. You can also order an aftermarket solution that should work well too, but it requires completely removing the handle and disassembling the mechanism.

I just jury-rigged a new wire in there, which lasted until we sold the car. I'd be happy to walk you through it if you've got the stomach to tear the door of your car apart.

E: should mention it was three different doors. Never had this happen twice on the same door.

And now back to BYOB content: :tutbutt:

This is all very helpful. We live in Silicon Valley so the dude will be here Wednesday so we will not be disassembling the car door ourselves - that can’t end well. I’ll tell mr duck to ask about the wire.

FluffieDuckie

I looked pretty close to my av 20 years ago but she’s not aging nearly as quickly as I am.

Possibly bc she hasn’t sat on the couch stress eating potato chips for the last year.

Now she looks like my much younger hot sister.

FluffieDuckie

xcheopis posted:

Little ones aren't that bad until you've been through a big one and then you get hyper-aware about little ones because what if the shaking doesn't stop and then gets worse?!??!!

In our most recent one it felt like my couch went over a speed bump.

The longest one I’ve been in I was alone in the house with 3 kids in bed in their own rooms. So like they tell you to stand in a doorway or hide under a sturdy piece of furniture but they don’t tell you what to do when the kids are on the other side of the house so I jumped up and tried to run down the hall bouncing off the walls. The quake stopped right as I opened the first door and I woke up the kid and scared her for nothing.

Someone needs to do something about all these faults.

FluffieDuckie

Gramps posted:

good morning orbs you're all beautiful and i love you

i don't know how you've managed to cultivate such a great vibe without having to constantly chase away trolls and assholes (maybe the mods do a lot more than I see, but I think maybe our weirdness is a shield) but i will always be grateful that you're here

It’s the mods but it’s also the community. You can’t troll someone who ignores you. It’s just not fun to drop bait and be ignored.

I’m sorry if I’ve spilled some secrets.

Also hello everyone! I’ve missed you.

FluffieDuckie

FluffieDuckie

Wow hi guys! It’s good to see everyone!

Barking Gecko posted:

We missed FluffieDuckula last month. Welcome back. :duckie:

True story. I did not get notification that I had a very important pm last month.

I was dismayed when I discovered I’d missed out.

I blame radium.

FluffieDuckie

cruft posted:

Hi Fluffstrix!

I don't even remember why I call you that. I hope it wasn't some edgelord innuendo. Should I stop? :ohdear:

No I don’t mind. I think there may have been something about toughie duckie that may have brought about that nickname

FluffieDuckie

Mormon Nailer posted:

DUCKIE I LOVE YOU

Also definitely look at munch's egg he found.

I love you too

I love you all actually

I saw the egg. It’s lovely.

FluffieDuckie

PeriodCommaColon posted:

my only pet died a couple years ago she is in an urn now. and i did drugs

I’m very sorry about your friend.

Drugs are a very popular crime of choice around here. We won’t narc

FluffieDuckie

Code Jockey posted:

Hi FD! This time I actually was in a page of you! :wave:

Dr. Honked posted:

I, too, have returned, after more than a decade in the wilderness that lies beyond the ramparts of byob. it's as if something.... changed... i smelled the scent of byob on the air, from far away, and was drawn back... maybe i never truly left

Welcome back! I’m very fond of your av

FluffieDuckie

cruft posted:

I just rotated the tires on the car, for the first time by myself. Well, the whole fam helped. But we did it in the driveway.

Send some good vibes that the wheels don't come off on the freeway, goons!

:pray:

FluffieDuckie

loopsheloop posted:

wanting to post sooo bad but not having anything to say :sigh:

I don’t know if you noticed but having something to say isn’t really a requirement around here.

FluffieDuckie

problematic hug posted:

everybody be chill this is a yobbery
any one of you effin noobs post and i'll glomp every last one of you

OMG!!!! :glomp:

Old friends coming back. It’s like an early Christmas present

FluffieDuckie

cruft posted:

I have desperately wanted to go bald but I don't think it's going to happen. I am just really tired of managing my hair, and I want it to go away.

What wound up happening instead was no balding, but the universe did give me alopecia. This means that from time to time my hair falls out in 3-5cm circles. So it's like the ultimate "gently caress you" from the universe, because not only do I not get to go typically bald, but I also now have to shave my head every day in order to keep people from looking at me funny.

I have a cousin who has alopecia. We never know if he’ll have hair when we go see him. He just shaves it when it starts to fall out and then if it grows out right he lets it grow. He doesn’t seem to mind it :shrug:

FluffieDuckie

I stub my toes so often I’ve learned the only way to protect my big toenails is to get gel color from the nail professionals. I don’t know what they put in that gel but it hardens my nails so much that they become a weapon and when I hit some dumb furniture my nail just bounces off.

FluffieDuckie

kode54 posted:

drat, caught lurking again. popping in to say hi to everyone. just posted a lengthy diatribe in the lowtax probation thread lol, so maybe ill get a probate that isnt for being the chud i once was long ago.

having trouble sleeping regularly. i take prescription meds for my head state, but i also take half a 25mg dose cbd gummy and 5mg of melatonin every night just before i pop into bed, and it somewhat helps me sleep quickly enough. the real problem is, i wake for my alarm around 9am, a self imposed deadline for no real reason, and then i either doze through 10 minutes of iphone alarm, or shut it off, then proceed to fall asleep again for another 4 hours. i wish i could get out of this rotten habit.

I take meds (FOUR MEDS) for my brain too and I used to have to set my alarm for noon to keep from sleeping all day. But then I got a new doctor and she changed my main med and poof I get up at 9:00 with no alarm.

I’m in a better mood too.

Good doctors are good.

FluffieDuckie

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I am on a permanent break from tolerating things.

FluffieDuckie

Goons Are Great posted:

hello fellow byob historians, it is time for a deep dive into forums lore it looks like

also hi i was busy for a few days due to moving from one location to a slightly different location for a few months (being a hospital again to eat all the foods) and now i have finally time to POAST

:glomp:

FluffieDuckie

cruft posted:

You must get a lot of anal bleeding, printer paper ain't soft.

Spoken like someone with experience in this area.

FluffieDuckie

Walla posted:

I'm about to go grocery shopping and gently caress me my mother in law has 5 types of bread and 2 types of butter on her list.

What does she do with all that bread?

FluffieDuckie

Wow I for sure would rather save on movies than do what I have planned for thanksgiving

FluffieDuckie

:stwoon:

FluffieDuckie

Prof. Crocodile posted:

this just means that you were a good choice for byob ik

Truth.

Sometimes the best iks just don’t break anything.

FluffieDuckie

more falafel please posted:

a friend of mine who lives on a commune in virginia just posted something about "RIP Siouxie Sioux" and i was pretty sad until i googled and couldn't find anything about it and then realized they were talking about a chicken

Excellent chicken name

FluffieDuckie

pecan posted:

i prefer fewraptors

Hi pecan :wave:

Are we going to lose you soon?? Where do you go in December??

I’ll think of you fondly until we meet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Gasp!