Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Ha ha! I finally saw one of the banner ads! And when I followed it here, there was ANOTHER one on this page. Pretty cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
There IS a difference between shouting, seeing their reaction versus start punching while also shouting, which is what myself and other are voting. There is also a difference in the personality of one which chooses one option over the other. They should be counted separetely if possible. I'll let Diog sort it out.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

FH reads to me like "Give them a chance to stop, and if they don't, then give them a one-way ticket to Fist."

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the_steve posted:

FH reads to me like "Give them a chance to stop, and if they don't, then give them a one-way ticket to Fist."

Meanwhile, many people seem to want to fist first and then yell while fisting.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
it's called action diplomacy

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

it's called action diplomacy

Concussive Persuasion.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Next update in the morning.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Too late to vote, but I bet we get our asses kicked for a while, it gets broken up, and we make a good friend that later becomes our muscle wizard bro.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beastyfella posted:

Too late to vote, but I bet we get our asses kicked for a while, it gets broken up, and we make a good friend that later becomes our muscle wizard bro.
You can still vote! Voting remains open.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Well then FH, yelling and then hitting

Grabpot Thundergust
Jul 6, 2010

Wikipedia posted:

The first part of the Book of Enoch describes the fall of the Watchers, the angels who fathered the Nephilim. The remainder of the book describes Enoch's visits to heaven in the form of travels, visions and dreams, and his revelations.

I see....

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(

Just like last thread was totally "Paradise Lost" reimagined, am I right? lol

Wait a minute...

poo poo, WAS IT?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Jesus is colourblin posted:

Just like last thread was totally "Paradise Lost" reimagined, am I right? lol

Wait a minute...

poo poo, WAS IT?

wouldn't know, not a NERD

(actually what was paradise lost about :S)

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Pladdicus posted:

poop, or the lack thereof

charms
Oct 14, 2012

:ese: I :ese:

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I came to this thread from the ads! Once upon a time I posted at the very beginning of Paradise Lost, but sadly life got in the way and I lost track of it. I'm excited to be able to take part in the first vote of this game. Thanks for running it, Diog!

Vote:

C

We are the sort of kid who still cries when his toys are taken away, fists are not in our nature just yet! I vote to double down on the water works.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I came to this thread from the ads! Once upon a time I posted at the very beginning of Paradise Lost, but sadly life got in the way and I lost track of it. I'm excited to be able to take part in the first vote of this game. Thanks for running it, Diog!

Vote:

C

We are the sort of kid who still cries when his toys are taken away, fists are not in our nature just yet! I vote to double down on the water works.

Hot Dog Day #80 posts here. Why are there numbered hot dog days?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Tsyni posted:

Once upon a time there was a name change thread in FYAD; I think there are a few of us roaming the forums still.

Hot Dog Day #82 fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 20, 2016

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Pladdicus posted:

The Fall of Man. Like, big, serious, initial-capitals THE FALL OF MAN. Adam and Eve's expulsion from Eden. It also has multiple recountings from the War in Heaven. One of the most significant characters, from whose perspective I think a decent chunk of the story is told, is Satan. It's the source of the line "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Vote:

C

Welcome!

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Pladdicus posted:

It's about Lucifer being too cool for school and then being banished from heaven and him exacting revenge upon ElGod by tempting humankind (Adam and Eve) into sin. There's a lot of talking and fighting among the angels but ElGod is silent, at the end at least.

Jesus is colourblin fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 20, 2016

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

What I'm saying is that Enkidel might be Lucifer. Not that that has any bearing on this game.

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
But lucifer would be the thing watching from the center of ur. And/or it was goat-lover-angel.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Sure, sure, try and paint the beautiful Nubian magistrate as Lucifer.

RIP

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Once upon a time there was a name change thread in FYAD; I think there are a few of us roaming the forums still.

We are a dieing breed. I lost my # when I got banned and had to reregister :(

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Tsyni posted:

Here is the SAclopedia post on it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=915

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

Well, enkidel did get tired of all the angelic rules and BS and questioned the orthodoxy too. Better to rule in kavodel than serve El...

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

We are a dieing breed. I lost my # when I got banned and had to reregister :(

It is okay, baby, we have each other now :glomp:

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

Concussive persuasion has my vote.

H

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Diogines posted:

"But... but... but... MAAAAAMAAAAAA!" You break down into tears! You are five years old. And you are very upset! You live with your Mama in her room in the palace and while you were eating breakfast servants came in and carried away your bed and started taking your toys and all of your things! Crying at this is probably an appropriate response at your age! So is calling for your mother! Your mother comes back into the room and orders all of the servants away, then she picks you up and says "Oh I'm sorry sweetheart! They weren't supposed to yet! Shhh! Shhh! It'll be okay!" Your mother hugs you and calms you down and and says "I'm sorry sweetheart, they weren't supposed to come for a few more hours." Between sniffles you managed to ask For what!? Whats going on? What were they supposed to come for? You sniffle and cry, you are not very articular at the moment but you seem to have gotten your question across to your mother?

Your mother smiles her best smile and says to you "You are going to have new friends! Your cousins are coming to live with us from now on. And they are in a new place and that's scary for them, so you are all going to have your own room now! I need you to be a big boy and make them feel at home. You're a big boy, aren't you?" You sniffle once and nod. Indeed, you are a big boy! "Can you help them settle in?" she asks. You nod and manage to get out a "yes". Your mother leans down to hug you and give you a kiss on the cheek and says "Okay, lets wash your face and then you can go meet them. They are going to be your new friends!"

Your mother fetches a washing basin and washes away your tears and then combs your hair and says "They just got here this morning, they are in the Great Hall, why don't you go say hello?"

Okay! Your a big boy! You can do this! You make your way to the Great Hall. As you near the Great Hall you hear the sounds of children laughing and of one crying. You enter the feast hall and see a crowd of boys, 20 or 30 or so. They are all about your age and in a corner of the room. They are... they are kicking another boy! None of them seem to have noticed you come into the room yet and there are no adults nearby! "Freak! Freak!" some of the boys yell! The crowd of children are laughing and taunting at the object of their torment, a child who is on the floor and using his hands to cover his face and try to protect it. He is crying He has twelve fingers, six on each hand! You know how to count and are good at it!

It is at that moment that you have a revelation.

All of the other boys have ten fingers, except for the boy they are all kicking...

And you. You have twelve fingers also. You don't know any of these boys. Your Moma told you that they are all going to live here now?
None of the other children have seen you yet. You have only just entered the room, their backs are turned to you and their attention is all focused on the boy who is the object of their torment! A frightened child who is currently being kicked and poked and is crying, it looks like he is having a pretty bad day! But you are going to do something! You're a BIG BOY just like Mama said! You walk towards them and yell in a loud BIG BOY voice "STOP HITTING! This is my house and that is AGAINST THE RULES!" You deliver the line with all of the enthusiasm and authority an enraged five year old can manage!

The mob of boys stop kicking the downed child and turn to you, one of the boys asks "Whose that?" and another says "Look! Its another freak! Get em!" Six of the boys run at you! You are greatly outnumbered and have never had a fight before but its look like you're going to have your first!

Mama said you're a BIG BOY! You probably didn't know it at this age but you are very strong for a five year old! Stronger than a five year old probably should be!

But not strong enough. You are greatly outnumbered. Your superior reflexes, coordination probably count for quite a bit more. And your willingness to actually fight instead of push and shove counts most of all. They are pushing and shoving, you are punching with the best fists you can manage!

You and they scuffle in the way that only small children can. Well they tried to anyway, more the fools they. By the time it is over, four of them have run away and two of them are on the ground crying! You actually hurt them! You did not get in trouble over this later! You are in Ur, even your bed-time stories are violent, most of them actually! Adults are not going to intervene in fights between boys until someone has been seriously hurt or killed. The other children look at you now in a mixture of fear that you're going to wallop them next or who knows what! All of the other boys are looking at you now and given what you just did they look particularly receptive to what you say next...

1. All the other kids are looking at you! What do you do next?
A. I say without even a hint of irony(I am five years old and don't know that word!) "Use your WORDS not your HANDS!"
B. I told them "GO HOME! I don't want you here!" Tell them all to go away!
C. Yell "I am not a FREAK! I'm like GRANDPA!"
D. Drenched in the blood of your enemies as you are (one of them is bleeding a little bit! You gave one of them a bad scratch on their arm!) say to them "You are in Tadmor and I am in charge!" Assert your dominance!
E. Assert your dominance a little differently! Two of the boys you beat up are crying on the floor near you now, lift one of them to their feet by the arm and yell loudly at him "NOW SAY YOU'RE SORRY!" Then point at the kid they were all beating on!
F. Say in a friendly and sweet tone "Hi, are you my new friends?"
G. Tell them "*I* decide who gets hit! NOT YOU!"
H. Say in a commanding tone and maybe even a little angry "Mama said you are my new friends! NOW BE FRIENDS! Friends don't hit!"
I. You don't care about any of them! They are mean! Ignore them! Walk over to the little boy who was on the ground being kicked, give him a hand and pull him up and say "Hi, I'm Judah, do you want to be friends?"
J. You don't care about them! Just walk away. You don't like these kids!
K. They did not learn their lesson yet! Stomp your foot down on the hand of the downed boys as hard as you can! Break his hand!
L. Your early childhood years were uh... they were definitely unusual! That is one way to say it! I picked a knife up from the table and stabbed one of the boys...again and again... there was so much blood. If you pick this option, the original post may no longer be accurate, by the time you are sixteen your life may be different and you may not be off in the woods with your grandfather.
M. Something else. Fill in. Except for certain votes where it is clearly indicated, you can almost always order "off menu" and suggest something else. If you want to do something which is very similar to a lettered option but a little different, pick that option and say "X - But I also do Y" or X - But I don't do Z, the rest of X, just not Z."

If you ever want more information about what you hear or see or of the world around you at that moment, just ask. I will answer questions like that as soon as I get to them.

Next update later today. We may do two!

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat program which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23madgod&server=irc.synirc.net

Diogines fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 21, 2016

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

D

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
E let's make a mighty friend!

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

L - We walk a different path.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
E

THIS IS A CIVILIZED HOUSE.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

D

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
E. 5-year old justice is best justice.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
E i

This is how you make friends. By suplexing your common enemies.

Muscle Wizard For Life.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
K You have not yet begun to learn! Fear me shitstains!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
D + I

Lay down our proclamation and then make a new friend!

• Locked thread