Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Was Divinity Original Sin good? I've had it on my Steam wishlist for a while

my two best bros love it and it looked cool. havn't played it myself though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

Was Divinity Original Sin good? I've had it on my Steam wishlist for a while

I liked it a lot but a few bosses really frustrated me. I have the enhanced edition but haven't gotten too far.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've divinity is good for coop, may have to do that at some point.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I've divinity is good for coop, may have to do that at some point.

I'd be extremely game for this. I haven't co-op'd at all but I think you may be able to do 4 players now (?)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

baldurs gate 2 is like top five games of all ttime for me, it's so loving good

It's definitely high on my list for sure, I lost many hours to that game in high school

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's definitely high on my list for sure, I lost many hours to that game in high school

I'll grab it next sale they're always like a few dollars

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

BG2 taught me the excellent rpg lesson that when dealing with a pirate captain always assume the worst

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thinking about it, think my top 5's like ff6, bg2, dead heat between mgs3 and 5, bloodborne and uhhh lets say either star ocean 2 or valkyrie profile. games loving rule

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

thinking about it, think my top 5's like ff6, bg2, dead heat between mgs3 and 5, bloodborne and uhhh lets say either star ocean 2 or valkyrie profile. games loving rule

drat that's a good list of games

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like that they made good magical items in the expansions because the ones in the base game were really boring.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I like that they made good magical items in the expansions because the ones in the base game were really boring.

yyeah that bugged me a lot in the base game. soulbound items seem real cool too, so that owns. one of the soulbound weapons from part 2 levels up by killing ks backer characters lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Fungah! posted:

mgs 3, bloodborne, dark souls, mgs5, yoshis island in that order. the kojima + miyazaki combo is too strong

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
idk yoshis island mite get beat by lufia 2. unless there's something im forgetting. super metroid maybe.. gah i can't choose

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

frank.club posted:

I'd be extremely game for this. I haven't co-op'd at all but I think you may be able to do 4 players now (?)

imps should definitely make this happen if it's that high

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i like that this game uses the Baldur's Gate 1 style of map instead of BG2, like there's something cool in a game like this about being able to roam around non-plot forest zones without every area having its own major quest storyline

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Where is this game difficulty wise compared to Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale? I beat Icewind Dale back in the day, I can't remember if I finished Baldur's Gate. I've been thinking about getting it for a while.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fiction posted:

imps should definitely make this happen if it's that high

totally just gotta know if everyone's on the enhanced edition or the classic.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Agag posted:

Where is this game difficulty wise compared to Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale? I beat Icewind Dale back in the day, I can't remember if I finished Baldur's Gate. I've been thinking about getting it for a while.

Around BG1 level, maybe, since you're starting low level where things can be pretty lethal. The average encounter is generally a little harder than the average encounter in BG2, but not always. And the bonus boss type stuff in BG2 is probably harder than this game gets, though i havent seen whatever fight is at the bottom of the stronghold yet

come to think of it i might have been playing on one difficulty higher than default? but i really dont remember

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Plus there isn't the difficulty from icewind where you couldn't die

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i barely even remember icewind dale. like i know for sure that i beat it, but after playing the BG games and being able to make your ideal party, you can just sort of walk through the whole thing without thinking much

i stopped like halfway through IWD2 because having silent party members was just too boring

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rediscover posted:

idk yoshis island mite get beat by lufia 2. unless there's something im forgetting. super metroid maybe.. gah i can't choose

gently caress i forgot about super metroid. yeah that's my number five. lufia 2's so fuckin tight, the ancient cave was epic as poo poo. i've ne ver seen an rpg that does puzzles so well too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Agag posted:

depnds on difficulty level but about bg1 or so i think. hard and path of the damned are fuckin can be fuckin rough though

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

lufia 2 is my favorite jrpg ever made because of the puzzles. and also the ancient cave plus all the other epic poo poo about it that pwns eg the music.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rediscover posted:

lufia 2 is my favorite jrpg ever made because of the puzzles. and also the ancient cave plus all the other epic poo poo about it that pwns eg the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBnYGYa6l3M fuckin epic

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

this is exactly the song i was thinking of. it's so fuckin good

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Fungah! posted:

going through as a shark monk now, it sucks that there's only three portraits for them so i had to use this guy again:

monk's great, i do a shitload of damage and it's not as micro-heavy as i'd heard,.it's got a lot of strong passives and the buttons you get when you have wounds are sick as hell

u should draw one. i drew a shark guy but forgot to put the pic on edit: can't draw worth poo poo so it owns

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ggotta say, big downside to going monk is that al ot of loot's basically worthless unless it's good for one of my companions. little bit of a bummer there

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i always felt so greedy giving myself the best loot all the time

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like that this one new soulbound dagger you can get gets progressively worse and worse as you use it, and then when you finally get it fully upgraded, it's loving insane.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is one of the games Im most depressed about not finishing OP since I got so into the role playing aspect of it and pretending like I was Bane from The Dark Knight Rises in a fantasy setting. Sigh.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

net cafe scandal posted:

This is one of the games Im most depressed about not finishing OP since I got so into the role playing aspect of it and pretending like I was Bane from The Dark Knight Rises in a fantasy setting. Sigh.

Victory has defeated you, mm.

I'm playing a melee focused Wizard and it's incredibly powerful.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

frank.club posted:

it's still 2 but the sequel coming this year will be 4. it will also have a semi-competitive element where one player might get a quest to act as a bodyguard to a lord and another player might get a secret quest to assassinate said lord and everyone's working together to beat the game but also sneaking around behind each other's backs to complete their personal hidden goals

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Moon Godlike Monk is also ridiculously powerful. I think either that or Melee Tank Wizard would be the class easiest to solo with. Im obsessed with soloing this game because BG2 was really fun to solo.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Moon Godlike Monk is also ridiculously powerful. I think either that or Melee Tank Wizard would be the class easiest to solo with. Im obsessed with soloing this game because BG2 was really fun to solo.

the psychic lasher class, whatever it was called, was also extremely able to solo.

i think they might have nerfed it at some point but whatever. still fun and cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

the psychic lasher class, whatever it was called, was also extremely able to solo.

i think they might have nerfed it at some point but whatever. still fun and cool

yyeah they nerfed it in the expansion patch. still very strong, just not the categorical best class anymore. think i remember hearing that the go-to solo class is druid, not sure

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

no time like the present. why do we fall?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

To proc Second Chance on Eder.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i got bored after slamming my head into the second raedric fight where he has the vampires with him. killed me like 20 times and then i stopped playing.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I never finished it and I don't think my lapoy can run it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

My laptop can run it.

• Locked thread