Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hasn't it been 12 hours? I'm interested to see the results of the night actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Max wanting to know if his poisoning was successful

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
This is a diabolical rule

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

This is gonna be fantastic.

(I'm totally gonna get mod-killed.)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Me reading the new post restriction

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We just have to try our best and move forward with this restriction

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

Max wanting to know if his poisoning was successful

Nope.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

imgay posted:

We just have to try our best and move forward with this restriction

No, please stop.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Imma just rollthedice

[.•'][•]

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Someone make a rule that Cpig is not allowed to post pictures in this game, then our problems with him going off the rails with his thunderdome again are solved

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Is it daytime yet?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Also, I thought that the new rule may have been caused by Max posting a picture of his dog, but it wasn't the first picture in the thread.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Byers resolving all the weird night actions that affect the thread before D2 (what) but of course not posting results!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gonna use this for my general chatting img.

Garth, I thought that too for a second.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

[:::][:::][:::]

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Maybe rules were created based on what was discussed?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

Gonna use this for my general chatting img.

Don't think that's allowed, must be relevant to what you are saying. I think the repeated Yes yes Yes images that purely answer a rhetorical question are also cheating.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna go get some lunch, hopefully threads open soon.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If it kills me then cool.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

kaschei posted:

Imma just rollthedice

[.•'][•]

A post without a picture has been detected!

kaschei: 1d20 3

While you're asleep, your television comes on by itself. You get up and turn it off. It comes on again. You wisely kick in the front of it and go back to bed, alive.

kaschei is safe.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Byers resolving all the weird night actions that affect the thread before D2 (what) but of course not posting results!

Not all night actions that follow the usual action resolution order are in! I can't do the normal results until then, but these other things break that order.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

kaschei posted:

[:::][:::][:::]

Falling back to sleep, you dream. You hear a rhyme start.

One, two, Freddy's gonna get you...

Luckily, the girls in your dream never learned to count past two, and so the rhyme ends unresolved.

kaschei is safe.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was going to say that I thought you made night 12 hours long, but reading back, it looks like it lasts until 10PM. Lame.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

I'm with TM, this rule it balls. It completely kills my ability to play while at work, I just don't have the time to gently caress about with pics.

This was where I was at, since it's not easy for me to do pictures while working.

But other then that I think the rule is fun, and stuff like this is a good solution:

Kumbamontu posted:

take a picture of your cellphone and then anytime you're phoneposting just include that picture as relevant

boom, problem solved

It's also amusing to see people who probably wouldn't normally be posting suddenly encouraged to post:

garthoneeye posted:

This is gonna be fantastic.

(I'm totally gonna get mod-killed.)

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Byers2142 posted:

Rarity: 1d20 3

You find yourself walking through the woods at night, the sound of twigs crackling all around you as something stalks you. But before it can reach you, you find your way back into town.

Rarity is safe.

Byers2142 posted:

While you're asleep, your television comes on by itself. You get up and turn it off. It comes on again. You wisely kick in the front of it and go back to bed, alive.

kaschei is safe.

Byers2142 posted:

Luckily, the girls in your dream never learned to count past two, and so the rhyme ends unresolved.

kaschei is safe.

I think your die might be broken.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

kaschei is safe.

Your dice is broken.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

: a design or representation made by various means (as painting, drawing, or photography)

I submit that emoticons fall under this definition from webster. Everyone can freely post while following this rule by simply adding :confused: to their posts, as this is a mafia game and we are all confused to some extent as to what is going on.

:confused:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

GulagDolls posted:

: a design or representation made by various means (as painting, drawing, or photography)

I submit that emoticons fall under this definition from webster. Everyone can freely post while following this rule by simply adding :confused: to their posts, as this is a mafia game and we are all confused to some extent as to what is going on.

I disagree

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Quidnose posted:

Someone make a rule that Cpig is not allowed to post pictures in this game, then our problems with him going off the rails with his thunderdome again are solved

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

GulagDolls: 1d20 9

As you are walking through the jungle alone and unarmed, three red dots appear on your chest. The jungle in front of you shimmers, like an amplified heat mirage. After a time, it leaves.

GulagDolls is safe.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
(psst guys, the flavor for rolls is 80's movies.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Quidnose posted:

Don't think that's allowed, must be relevant to what you are saying. I think the repeated Yes yes Yes images that purely answer a rhetorical question are also cheating.

That raises am important point: Should the mod be the one to determine who is skirting the rules?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Emoji are pictures 🤑🤑🤑

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

TMMadman posted:

I'm pretty much checking out of this game until this rule is over. I have absolutely no desire to go look up a relevant picture just so I can post it whenever I want to say something.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CCKeane posted:

That raises am important point: Should the mod be the one to determine who is skirting the rules?

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just realized I've made a terrible mistake in song choice when it was so obvious what I should have picked now in retrospect, brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrZt45PEbSk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
This rule is rear end

rear end

• Locked thread