Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Podima posted:

lol, I wasn't even in this game!

The OP was gone by the time I was secretly in it :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Thanks for the game, Byers, I hope you will run something like this again because it was super fun. Even the anarchy if D2 was amusing and although I'm sure it was a headache for you it was fun on our ends. I hope you didn't think my insistence that my tongue in cheek role PM was real was too obnox.

I would have killed anyone posting role PMs, even fake ones. Regardless of how it works in other communities that to me is incredibly against the spirit of the game, because it deflates everyone's ability to scum hunt and case work. I was very frustrated that you came in and confirmed a portion of Max's role PM because it was confirmation that what he had posted was accurate an again, I really felt that was against the spirit of the game in the first place. Obviously we disagree here since you were expecting it and other community members probably will disagree with me as well.

And I'm sorry for upsetting and riling you up, Max, but I remain unapologetic for scum hunting. If I sees it i'ma gonna call it out :colbert: but I do understand that can be pretty unfun to be hard cased and have it be wrong, so I'm sorry for diminishing your game experience.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Thanks for the game, Byers! Sorry it ended the way it did, it was fun while it lasted.

quote:

Byers2142 wrote on Feb 22, 2016 16:57:
Valley Girl - Frank Zappa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfn9n1w3J4o

This is a great song, a parody of the stereotypical 80's CA valley girl.

My Name is Ondrya Wolfson - No one can ever recognize you; anything that would identify you or your song will return the name Ondrya Wolfson instead.

Everybody's like Super-Super Nice... - Once in the game, you can reset all of the votes in the day and prevent further votes from being cast for 6 real life hours. To do this, submit the action ##super-super_nice in the thread or via PM.

I Do Not Talk Funny - Once a day and once a night, you can make an action via PM that has at best a minor effect on the game, but these actions must be phrased in a way unique to a valley girl. Every time such an action is made, it will be publically announced in the thread.

You are town-aligned. You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

D1 I made Max loved because it seemed like he was having a bad time (and then I followed it up with voting for him for a bit, oops)
N1 I asked for a new outfit (which ended up creating the compliment rule)
D2 I was going to make a contest to end the picture rule but the game ended, oops.

PR was self-imposed but I've never tried playing a game in a non-normal style for me so figured I'd go with it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry I destroyed all the rules. It's all my fault that people did what they did.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Imgay I honestly don't think it was your fault. It made the game crazy for sure, but shouldn't have made scum do dumb things like inviting townies to their doc or outing their wincon

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Imgay I honestly don't think it was your fault. It made the game crazy for sure, but shouldn't have made scum do dumb things like inviting townies to their doc or outing their wincon

pretty much this yeah

i thought invalidating the OP was hilarious, myself

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

while funny, i think the rules we have are good. when people starting posting role pms it felt like we weren't playing mafia at all anymore. but then i also don't get 'calvinball'

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

Thanks for the game, Byers, I hope you will run something like this again because it was super fun. Even the anarchy if D2 was amusing and although I'm sure it was a headache for you it was fun on our ends. I hope you didn't think my insistence that my tongue in cheek role PM was real was too obnox.

I would have killed anyone posting role PMs, even fake ones. Regardless of how it works in other communities that to me is incredibly against the spirit of the game, because it deflates everyone's ability to scum hunt and case work. I was very frustrated that you came in and confirmed a portion of Max's role PM because it was confirmation that what he had posted was accurate an again, I really felt that was against the spirit of the game in the first place. Obviously we disagree here since you were expecting it and other community members probably will disagree with me as well.

And I'm sorry for upsetting and riling you up, Max, but I remain unapologetic for scum hunting. If I sees it i'ma gonna call it out :colbert: but I do understand that can be pretty unfun to be hard cased and have it be wrong, so I'm sorry for diminishing your game experience.

Byers had already confirmed that he hosed up on day 1, he was just repeating it for your benefit.

Edit: Sorry, this looks like I'm being lovely. I'm not, I think you just missed this moment when it happened on Day 1.

Byers2142 posted:

Mod-Confirmed, I am a bad mod.

I had figured most people knew it happened, especially because the "I tried to interrupt KB's action" became a part of my defense later.

My last little outburst was just that I had taken a chance on you and Tricky Dick, and right after submitting my night action you had come in with that "Gotcha!" post. I didn't know if I could really trust you any more at that point and felt manipulated, which is why I just threw my hands up in the air.

Max fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 26, 2016

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

This was a really great game while it lasted Byers!

"Byers2142" posted:

Dolly Parton - 9 to 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZGg2A3_3IA

There's a theme in country, one that I've always loved, of hard work paying off. But this song isn't about the pay-off, it's about the struggle and the pressures pushing you down. Ironic that such a short and up-beat song has such a dour undertone.

Want To Move Ahead - Pick one other player; that's your boss. Any rewards you would receive, he will receive instead. However, if you can outlast him you will receive his powers, including any unused rewards, in addition to your own. You can always pick a boss if you do not currently have one, but you may not pick a new boss when deadline is less than six hours away.

It's All Takin' and No Givin' - Any powers you hold can never be stolen, although they can be redirected or blocked.

You are town-aligned. You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

I chose Asiina as my boss.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I still don't get how anyone thought Max was scum on D1.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm only capable of being wrong, so that has something to do with it.

At least my one night action came in useful.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I still don't get how anyone thought Max was scum on D1.

With the thunderdome limiting our options, I think the issue was that I was around and posting, while most of the other candidates were kinda hanging back. I forgot that on Day 1, everyone picks apart everything.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

TMMadman posted:

Just in case anyone didn't look, I was the one who killed kaschei.

I didn't look but I was 1shot bp

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

With the thunderdome limiting our options, I think the issue was that I was around and posting, while most of the other candidates were kinda hanging back. I forgot that on Day 1, everyone picks apart everything.

That was what made you town imo. Honestly, I kinda wanted to make a push lynch Asiina toes l towards the end of D1 because she had kind of disappeared.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm glad you saw it at least.

Honestly I wasn't playing very smart. I had way over-reacted at the beginning of the day. I really don't think posting something from another thread with a vote attached to it was a very good idea or in the spirit of the game because it really confused a lot of people. That's neither here nor there though. I was raw by the end of D1 and wasn't posting well.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Me and tmm were totally right about wanting to lynch cpig

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Byers did you forget I was BP :(

Max
Nov 30, 2002

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Me and tmm were totally right about wanting to lynch cpig

I'm surprised no one tried to NK you. You had essentially mod confirmed yourself as town. It's why I ended up trying to protect you both nights.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

kaschei posted:

Byers did you forget I was BP :(

I may have. :(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just realized that nobody chose 80s rap (and no the beastie boys don't really count) and that makes me really wish I had gone with something from that genre.

I did give serious thought to using Eazy-E's Boys in Da Hood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ha2p4Txgmg

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I was close to choosing Rapture by Blondie

God drat I wish I'd been ghostbusters with these alignment flavors

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

I just realized that nobody chose 80s rap (and no the beastie boys don't really count)

Excuse me, they most certainly do.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm shocked more people didn't pick Queen. I was going to pick Under Pressure but I figured everybody would.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

CCKeane posted:

I'm shocked more people didn't pick Queen. I was going to pick Under Pressure but I figured everybody would.
Mr bad guy was on my short list

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I am surprised no one else picked dog police. Wasn't that Capps who introduced all of us to that? :v:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My song was the most clever.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I need to post again because I am legit sad about this. Was looking forward to it for so long

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Asiina posted:

My song was the most clever.

I concur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Byers2142 posted:

Post-Mortem
[list][*]Given the way that the 90s CYOS ended, CPig's game has gone, and now this game, it seems clear that while massively overpowered and rule-bending roles are fun to envision and you think would be fun to let play out, there's a mentality among Mafia players that won't ever let those type of games run their course. Because they want to break things, I guess. In the future, I'm not running role madness games like this again; it seems clear that there has to be an upper limit on powers because the mindset of some players won't let you exceed that, and that all rules must be clearly spelled out regardless of if they are rules common to Mafia or not.
agreed
thanks for trying though byers :(

• Locked thread