Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
HOLY poo poo YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I read exactly none of the OP.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not nearly as big on 80s music as 90s music, so this will take a little time.

I suggest we spam the thread with music like we did in the other game for inspiration.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I can think of no better way than to start with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I just figured out the greatest song I'm the best gj me.

I was gonna send in Final Countdown, but I thought of something so much better you all can have my cast offs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Look, next time maybe I'll run showtunes, but this is meant to be the 1980s and you knew it when you sent in that video.

presign

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

I don't remember how the last game went down, does anyone have a link/sum up

From what I remember Rarity blew up some confirmed town people for some reason I can't recall, and then Taste made everyone angry.

We went from no dead town to like 5 dead town over the course of a day.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I just reread and it's all around page 50.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It definitely got a little heated.

Let's forget all that and post some 80s songs and have a good time!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry guys mine is already gonna be the best and you will be ashamed for your inferior picks.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If at any point I can figure out what's going on in this game, I will be extremely disappointed in you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

GTFO if you weren't born in the 80s IMO.

:agreed:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f06QZCVUHg

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had my embedded links thing off too for a while for some reason. It really makes a huge difference.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

How did you guess my song?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You jerks need to be more sure in your decisions. I never had a doubt I chose the right song, only a fear someone else would choose the same thing and steal my thunder.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was 6 when the 80s ended and am therefore full of knowledge of what teenagers liked during that decade.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I got my role.

It is great!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

My role is the best. My song is the best. I can't wait to get this show on the road!

How many confirmed town you going to blow up this time?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
KB is a cheat!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I'm thinking 3?

Pfft, casual.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Just putting out there that Mandy Moore's Candy was released in 1999.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zXKtfKnfT8

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

I believe it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You just gotta have faith.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I want a new drug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX23I890Umk

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

I don't want to vote KB now because he just got offed in another CYO game.

That's dumb, that's not a reason.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Now that I think about it, I picked a relatively boring role for this game.

I don't believe this loving bullshit for a second. Max is a goddamn piece of poo poo who would obviously pick some seriously strong role for a crazy CYOR. Like, what an rear end in a top hat to think that we are dumb enough to fall for this garbage. "Oh I totally picked a boring role I'm so sad." Go gently caress yourself. We aren't complete morons like you who would believe that someone would pick a boring role. Obviously you'd believe it because you are barely functioning, but we are smarter than you. A loving ham sandwich is smarter than you.

Max was a leader in the recent soldiers game which had a lot of bullshit in it, and so knows the kind of craziness that can be out there, but still he says he picks a boring role? There is no loving way that is true. The soldiers game had a lot of crazy poo poo in it and Max, being the worst loving leader in the world, knew all about it. Like he won because of dumb loving luck and better play by everyone else in his thread, while being a useless piece of poo poo.

Like he would have to be the most boring sad sack of a person to pick a boring role in a game where you can literally be anything. And Max is a dumb moron shitheel, but he's not boring. In fact he finds new and creative ways to be a huge rear end in a top hat every loving chance he gets. He's a goddamn genius at being a horrible disgusting mess of a human being. Every time I think he's reached the limit, he manages to top it. It'd be impressive if he didn't make me want to vomit every time I see his loving name.

Honestly, I don't even care what role he picked. He just drags the game down by being in it. He's so loving worthless that he's basically a troll. He's not a real troll though, since those people are terrible on purpose and I honest and truly believe that Max is awful by nature. He can't help being so awful at not just mafia, but life itself, since he's basically functionally braindead. We, as a community, would be infinitely better if he just went away and never came back. Please Max, please leave this game and never bring down mafia with your presence again.

I'm trying to not get angry here, but it really pisses me off when someone who obviously doesn't have the brain capacity to play mafia continues to sign up for games. I'm not trying to be prejudice, but there's a limit on what some people can do, and obviously a forum game where people have to read words other people wrote is just too complex for his feeble mind. I'm really disappointed that any mod allows him to play, because it obviously is just them pitying him for being so loving worthless, but we need to set a hard rule here that people should actually be able to play mafia in order to be in games, and Max obviously can't. Until that day comes and he's banned forever, I'm going to policy vote him until he gets it through his thick skull that he's not wanted here.

##vote Max

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

I hope you had that pre-typed for the appropriate time

~ongoing games~

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Wait, Asiina, you suck, you just quoted me from the other game.

Max posted:

God damnit, you just made me claim for a different game all together. What was the point of that post?

lol

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My vote here is a real vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

drat asiina why you so cold?

why indeed

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had to write that for another game and wanted my hard work to be seen by everyone. My angry rage against Max is fake, but my vote is real because this post is a bad post.

Max posted:

I don't want to vote KB now because he just got offed in another CYO game.

I just wanted to use what I happened to have written to vote for him.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

can you write an angry post about me asiina

No, it takes a lot of effort to make up insults!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

This is a bad reason for Asiina's real vote, bad vibes. What's the deal, Asiina, you look like the jerk here so I'm not sure why you are doubling down.

If you're going to vote for someone for a real reason, the fact that they died in another game is irrelevant.

My insult post has nothing to do with the reason I voted.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

I can't loving believe you actually posted that in this thread intentionally. I was fine thinking you just made a mistake but you essentially made a giant piece of poo poo with my name on it and shoved it in my face twice because whatever loving bullshit you're saying you did it for.

Jesus, I said it was a joke and I'm sorry. Like, I don't know how you can think those were real insults. They are total nonsense.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

I think your reason for voting Max is terrible and I think you're using the joke of your insult post to ride the fact that "well that wasn't my REAL reason, man" while simultaneously pushing a bad vote as "real."

I'm not talking about my insult post at all related to my vote. I'm only mentioning it because apparently Max thought it was for real and is angry about it, and it was never intended that way. How could that possibly be a reason for a vote? It has nothing to do with anything.

I think that when a person is collecting votes and you say "I don't want to vote for them because they just got killed in another game" is a scummy thing to say. It's totally unrelated to the game and is participating without making an alignment call on them. It's absolutely worthy of a vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

This is the post she is claiming she is voting me for and attached that loving "gently caress you" post to because she's hateful and a piece of poo poo.

Dude, it was a post restriction, and it required me to be creatively mean so I wanted to show it off.

Once again, it was not real! Nothing in there was a real thing I believe!

I do not think those things!

I am sorry you are taking it personally, and I would have picked someone else to make my joke vote about in the other game, but I figured that since I wanted to vote you for a real reason here I could use it again.

Max posted:

She's also completely ignoring my attempted day action on him and continues to.

I don't know what your day action does, so why should that clear you as anything?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I disagree, we all like to play mafia and nobody likes getting killed on D1/N1. I am much more likely to give someone a day of leeway if they just got killed in a different game unless they are being really scummy.

You weren't around for kill capps month (the greatest month), but no if you think someone is scum vote for them. If you think someone is town don't vote for them. The only thing that's reasonable to give a pass to is new players in their first day of their first game, and that's only because new people tend to sound scummy since they're just getting their feet wet, so it's good to give them a chance to get used to how the game is played.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

I don't get why you aren't understanding why I wouldn't want to see that loving thing twice when it's full of insults about me from a game you modded. I get that it was a PR for a totally different game but it has no place in here and actually tripped me up and made me claim for a different game entirely since you kept my quote from cpigs game in that post.

I didn't think you would actually take it seriously! And I couldn't have known you would not realize what thread you were in. Like I'll apologize for you taking it personally, since that wasn't my intention and I don't think those things about you, but at some point you have to take responsibility for your own actions.

Max posted:

This logic only works if you think KB and I are scum buddies. Do you actually think that?

No it doesn't. You could be scum trying to stop town powers. You could be 3P trying to stop scum/town powers. Since the Wolf group is probably a second scum team, you could be on a different scum team than him. You trying to stop him from doing whatever it is he's doing (which btw you haven't even shown that's what you do with your action) tells me you're probably not the same alignment, but that doesn't mean either of you are town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

I don't see how that single post warranted enough of a scum vibe for you to vote him, Asiina. Please explain why you think that's a slam dunk.

It's a D1 vote, I've never said it was a slam dunk. I feel strongly enough to vote for it, but don't put words into my mouth.

• Locked thread