Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yep, in, so very in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Look, next time maybe I'll run showtunes, but this is meant to be the 1980s and you knew it when you sent in that video.

CCKeane trying to get some sweet rear end Beethoven role

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Gilbert and Sullivan, actually.

Noice

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Did this game start yet

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My role is the best role and also the best song.

I have read nothing, just confirming that I am excited. Will catch up now!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kumbamontu posted:

:siren: lie detector spotted :siren:

Unnecessary town PR outing, ##vote Kumba

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

I don't believe this loving bullshit for a second. Max is a goddamn piece of poo poo who would obviously pick some seriously strong role for a crazy CYOR. Like, what an rear end in a top hat to think that we are dumb enough to fall for this garbage. "Oh I totally picked a boring role I'm so sad." Go gently caress yourself. We aren't complete morons like you who would believe that someone would pick a boring role. Obviously you'd believe it because you are barely functioning, but we are smarter than you. A loving ham sandwich is smarter than you.

Max was a leader in the recent soldiers game which had a lot of bullshit in it, and so knows the kind of craziness that can be out there, but still he says he picks a boring role? There is no loving way that is true. The soldiers game had a lot of crazy poo poo in it and Max, being the worst loving leader in the world, knew all about it. Like he won because of dumb loving luck and better play by everyone else in his thread, while being a useless piece of poo poo.

Like he would have to be the most boring sad sack of a person to pick a boring role in a game where you can literally be anything. And Max is a dumb moron shitheel, but he's not boring. In fact he finds new and creative ways to be a huge rear end in a top hat every loving chance he gets. He's a goddamn genius at being a horrible disgusting mess of a human being. Every time I think he's reached the limit, he manages to top it. It'd be impressive if he didn't make me want to vomit every time I see his loving name.

Honestly, I don't even care what role he picked. He just drags the game down by being in it. He's so loving worthless that he's basically a troll. He's not a real troll though, since those people are terrible on purpose and I honest and truly believe that Max is awful by nature. He can't help being so awful at not just mafia, but life itself, since he's basically functionally braindead. We, as a community, would be infinitely better if he just went away and never came back. Please Max, please leave this game and never bring down mafia with your presence again.

I'm trying to not get angry here, but it really pisses me off when someone who obviously doesn't have the brain capacity to play mafia continues to sign up for games. I'm not trying to be prejudice, but there's a limit on what some people can do, and obviously a forum game where people have to read words other people wrote is just too complex for his feeble mind. I'm really disappointed that any mod allows him to play, because it obviously is just them pitying him for being so loving worthless, but we need to set a hard rule here that people should actually be able to play mafia in order to be in games, and Max obviously can't. Until that day comes and he's banned forever, I'm going to policy vote him until he gets it through his thick skull that he's not wanted here.

##vote Max

What in the world song did you pick that your PR is you have to be as angry as possible Asiina, good lawd

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

Wait, Asiina, you suck, you just quoted me from the other game.

Oh.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

I had to write that for another game and wanted my hard work to be seen by everyone. My angry rage against Max is fake, but my vote is real because this post is a bad post.

I just wanted to use what I happened to have written to vote for him.

This is a bad reason for Asiina's real vote, bad vibes. What's the deal, Asiina, you look like the jerk here so I'm not sure why you are doubling down.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Hey Quid, did you roll scum in your third straight game?

Nope, not this time, thankfully!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

I like the recent quidnose style of rushing into games guns blazing like a scum hunter gone wild out for blood.

I have always done this. I think maybe you have just been reading mafia games content more lately.... :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

I feel like I'm only getting half of a story here. Whatever the reasons for Asiina's vote, it feels like its based on nothing involved with this game, and while lovely, it doesn't feel particularly scum.

But she's saying it's a serious vote based on his reaction here, and that's ridiculous. Outside game crap has nothing to do with his alignment here.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Do you 100% guarantee that you are town?

I 100% guarantee I am town but you can't read me, babe~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

If you're going to vote for someone for a real reason, the fact that they died in another game is irrelevant.

My insult post has nothing to do with the reason I voted.

I think your reason for voting Max is terrible and I think you're using the joke of your insult post to ride the fact that "well that wasn't my REAL reason, man" while simultaneously pushing a bad vote as "real."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tommunist posted:

TMM is a lie detector

Can we stop doing this

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Here's an idea in this POWER ROLE HEAVY GAME, even if you see something that is a no brainer to almost everyone, maybe we don't out the role it could be in case we have naive scum / wolf / 3p who might get defensive and not know what it is!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tommunist posted:

its not like hes being subtle

It's not him I'm worried about ya knob

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't see how that single post warranted enough of a scum vibe for you to vote him, Asiina. Please explain why you think that's a slam dunk.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Asiina

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

kaschei posted:

I think asiina's reason for voting max is Good Enough For D1

It's good enough for D1 but not in the context of anything he's done since then. I've seen her happily sit upon it here and defend it as A Good Vote and I disagree, especially since she's not looking at anything else he's doing.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't see Max as scum throwing a big fit about this to the point of attempting to rage replace out. He had no hear, no reason to paint a target on himself, and could have quietly complained in scum doc. Why would he do this here?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

good point. ##vote asiina lets kill mher

It's actually not a great point because aside from saying "My KB post was innocuous" Max hasn't said a ton. I'd like to see him respond to Asiina's point.

This vote is pretty opportunistic and detached from an analytical standpoint on Gulag doll's part and I am suspicious of him now as well.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah in rereading the Max/Asiina thing basically boils down to "your intent was this" "nope my intent wasn't that" and there really isn't anything for the other party to say that hasn't been said.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

he has responded to her only point over and over tho, and i dont see what he would have to say would matter w/r/t asiina, in regards to this matter.

This is a major contradiction to your agreeing with me and voting Asiina so I'm not sure what has suddenly happened other than me calling you out

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I initially said that Asiina was voting Max for a single event while ignoring his content. You agreed with this and voted her.

I then came in and said that that point was super valid because I hadn't seen him say anything of substance beyond "he said she said" retorts and would like to see him respond more. To which you expanded:

GulagDolls posted:

he has responded to her only point over and over tho, and i dont see what he would have to say would matter w/r/t asiina, in regards to this matter.

So what does this mean, because it makes it seem like you think Max is avoiding content, which would make Asiina genuine and Max the liar, but you are voting Asiina?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I mean technically you are still voting yourself but you get my point.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

i have very little idea wtf you are talking about. i dont think max is avoiding content or w/e, i think he was incensed.

Ok. What relevance does that has to what I said re: Asiina vs. Max that you felt the need to interject with your comment about Max's content?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So your facetious self vote which you are sitting on was, in fact, facetious and you still believe Asiina is a bad man?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I attempted to seriously engage with Gulag and I have learned my lesson

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

I know you go back on this, but he hasn't really done anything else other than get angry with me for something unrelated to my vote and misrepresent the reason for my vote. There's nothing else to look at. When I made a point that he was claiming things I hadn't said, he goes back to the anger at the fact that I insulted him.

Do you think he would do this as scum?

Is this the scummiest thing that has happened so far?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

I looked at the other votable people. I wouldn't vote for Madman. Power breadcrumbs aside, he's done nothing objectionable.

I have a null read on CPig. I seem to recall a game where if anyone got 4 votes he could immediately turbo them and end the day, and he did it at the first opportunity. He's the kinda guy who will use his power immediately because it amuses him, and I don't think alignment has anything to do with that.

I don't like that you dismiss everyone else as not worthwhile for reading today, and I'm disappointed you aren't casing some of the other people who I think are doing scummy things.

I don't really like this read on Cpig, this handwave of TMM, and the fact that basically all you've said at this point is "Max is the only viable vote."

I think this is incredibly lazy play from you. Are you overextended or scum?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tommunist posted:

I'm beginning to think the Asiina max thing is town - town slap fight or at least non scum slap fight , which would make Cpigs actions more scummy in my mind since it makes people focus on a small subset of people.

Its Cpig tho so lol null read

I also really dislike this post and basically everything Tommunist has done.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

If you have a way to read CPig, I'd love to hear it cause after 2 years I still have nothing. I just know that he's done this kinda thing before, so I don't think the fact that he made a bunch of thunderdomes is an alignment-tell.

Madman I was giving a townie read on. It's D1 and obviously it's not iron clad, but of the 4 possible people I can vote for, he seems the towniest.

With four people I can vote for, yeah for me Max is the only viable vote. If I had to give an order of preference it'd be Max > CPig > Tomm > Madman, but Max is head and shoulders above the other three.

I just don't see a point in spending all this time delineating all of the reasons why some people are "so towny" or "so null" when all you really need to be saying is "Not really feeling any of the other people, mostly null reads, TMM feeling town this game, Max is still for sure the scummiest." Your case on Max still comes down to a single statement he made and the fact that he's....mad? I don't even see you as saying "Max is feigning anger to distract," just "dude's mad and there's no reason to be." Your list is basically a fabricated list of null reads and you are spinning the one that's convenient to you.

Even this request for me to engage you on the merits of a CPig case and the ability to case him seems really disingenuous because what is that going to accomplish? Yes, I agree with you, Cpig is a null read, but how can you have no opinions on literally anything that isn't Max?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

I said I thought Madman was probably town and that I liked the content Tomm put out. How is that having no opinions?

This is not a ringing endorsement of Tommunists "content," which you admit is a ton of bullshit:

Asiina posted:

I read Tomm cause people were talking about him earlier, and while it's a lot of garbage, it's not entirely garbage. He does have 3 real posts:

He's shitposting by drunkposting in yet another game, which I personally find infuriating, but when he actually manages to be on topic, I'm fine with it. I wouldn't like to vote for him.

You don't even have any comments on Tommunist's "actual content," just that it doesn't bug you. You leave it to the thread to stand on it's own. How is this presenting the case for him being town? How is this a town endorsement?

Your TMM case is better but still not great and pretty hit and run.

quote:

Also I did sorta say Max is feigning anger to distract:

I don't think he's making up being angry, I think he really is. But I also think that when he can't answer a point I make, he goes back to it being about him being angry. I think he's using his real anger as a way to prop up his faulty argument.

You are using a statement that, again, doesn't make an alignment call to say "yes, in fact, I did actually make an alignment call on him."

You are making very safe statements and turning back on them to twist them to the narrative you would like to create. This is a scum tactic. I believe you are scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Like I was willing to give Asiina the benefit of the doubt if she came in and looked at some of the other things that have happened but she didn't and her cases are really weak and swingy and I'm pretty sure she's scum now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina's reasons for voting Max:

Asiina posted:

That's dumb, that's not a reason.

Initial statement, no vote attached. Pretty much a throwaway poke at someone on D1.

Then she drops her big "real vote" pulled from another game statement, which I am going to ignore, because it does not present a reason for WHY she is voting Max.

She then explains her reasoning for voting Max:

Asiina posted:

My vote here is a real vote.

Well, not there.

Asiina posted:

I had to write that for another game and wanted my hard work to be seen by everyone. My angry rage against Max is fake, but my vote is real because this post is a bad post.

I just wanted to use what I happened to have written to vote for him.

Oh, not there either.

Asiina posted:

If you're going to vote for someone for a real reason, the fact that they died in another game is irrelevant.

My insult post has nothing to do with the reason I voted.

That's in response to me asking why she voted Max when she was the one coming off as a jerk. Again, doesn't actually explain why she voted, just why she DIDN'T vote.

Asiina posted:

I'm not talking about my insult post at all related to my vote. I'm only mentioning it because apparently Max thought it was for real and is angry about it, and it was never intended that way. How could that possibly be a reason for a vote? It has nothing to do with anything.

I think that when a person is collecting votes and you say "I don't want to vote for them because they just got killed in another game" is a scummy thing to say. It's totally unrelated to the game and is participating without making an alignment call on them. It's absolutely worthy of a vote.

OH, there's the reason, finally.

Does it strike anyone else as odd that it takes her this long to actually SAY what her reason is?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

Are you seriously saying I'm not making an alignment call on Max?

And again, you dodge my point.

I KNOW you think Max is scum, you have been shouting it all day since he blew up at you. Problems:

1. Your reason for him being scum is terrible and could be easily explained as a null read. I don't see any other reason other than "he got mad at me." Are you saying the new reason is "he got mad at me and then misrepresented me?" HAVE you said that?
2. You've offered no other opinions on anyone.

This looks fairly scummy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

I'm sorry if my cases are weak, but it's D1 and I have 4 people to choose from.

Also are my cases swingy or am I tunneling on Max as the only viable vote? Make up your mind on how you are trying to attack me.

There is more than 1 day and dismissing the entire day as useless because we can't vote for people is ridiculous and scummy, because we can easily make cases on other people who we can vote for tomorrow. This is SO lazy of you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

Also are my cases swingy or am I tunneling on Max as the only viable vote? Make up your mind on how you are trying to attack me.

Show me how I have contradicted myself if you are going to say this. Do some casework on people rather than just throwing out insult attacks on easy and loud targets, because when you don't follow it up with casework it looks scummy as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

The first post was my reason. I just saw an opportunity to also use the giant post I had saved to a notepad on my desktop, and thought I'd use it as a funny, funny joke to go along with my vote.

I explained it in more detail later, but it's the same reason. That's not a reason not to vote for someone.

So you are still voting for Max purely for that initial post? That is, still, the scummiest thing that has happened all day, enough to warrant your vote and to justify your ignoring every other post, person, and happening in this thread, beyond the null reads you have mentioned?

• Locked thread