Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Should link to OOC thread / influence sheet in the OP of the gamethread, for convenience's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Ill be posting in this later tonight. Sorry. The week is incredibly busy right now, since I'm moving around and stuff. I kinda didn't expect the game to start instantly haha.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Out at the moving pictures, will post later this evening.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Platonicsolid posted:

Out at the moving pictures, will post later this evening.

Oh no magic!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

so we have our SHIELD knockoffs. But what does CASTLE actually stand for?

I'd like to nominate Centre for Anti-terrorism Surveillance Technology Logistics and Evaluation but if someone has a less clunky acronym we can use that instead.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Ferrosol posted:

so we have our SHIELD knockoffs. But what does CASTLE actually stand for?

I'd like to nominate Centre for Anti-terrorism Surveillance Technology Logistics and Evaluation but if someone has a less clunky acronym we can use that instead.

Command Authorized Storm Troopers Leveling Everything

Canadian Acclimatized Snow-Trained Legion Enduring

Centre for Anti-Terrosism STrikeforce with Limitless Enforcement

Nothing at all, it just looked good on paper and managed to pass a defense spending bill in the mid seventies right before Carter took office.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Congress Appropriates Significant Trillions, Lacking Evaluation.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Who all is rooming together, PC-wise? Figure Fission probably has a solo room (due to the secretly a boy thing), but the rest of the team probably has them.

Since that does leave us with seven PCs to pair up, if no one's willing to take an NPC, could have three in a particularly large room / Shodan take a solo room as well?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Sylphid + Shodan simply must happen. They contrast each other too much not to, it's bound to be hilarious.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 1, 2016

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Agreed on that. Could add Jewels to Gwen and Gabi's room for extra drama. Too bad we don't have more G-named people.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Don't you mean Gewels? :P Also Fission will have their own room for sure, but I imagine that it would have a lot of medical equipment to keep up the idea that he is in fact, a burn victim.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

So, summing up
  • Sylphid and Shodan have a contentious room literally divided by a line of tape down the middle.
  • Bravura and Seraphim are actually mostly good roommates and enjoy beverages together.
  • Jewels and Avatar are in the room that's 100% the most likely to get attacked in the middle of the night by antagonists.

• Fission has a room to himself, designed to looks like it's for a burn victim.
  • Vermilion has her own room, reinforced to put up with the might of a Dragon.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Mar 4, 2016

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Being the end of Issue One, each of you need to choose one of three options:

1. Grow closer to the team. If your character feels closer to the team, choose a person that made you feel the most welcome. Explain how, give influence to that character and mark potential.

2. Grow into your own image of yourself. Explain how you see yourself and why; Shift one label up, one down. Max is +3

3. Grow away from the team. Explain how you feel detached. Take Influence away from another character.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

thejoshie posted:

Being the end of Issue One, each of you need to choose one of three options:
3. Grow away from the team. Explain how you feel detached. Take Influence away from another character.

Listen, know who everyone in the public and throughout the school finds freakiest in the Valks? Yeah, it's NOT me. It's Vermilion Dragon, and that one-hundred-percent makes sense. Unlike everyone else though, I'm not saying it 'cuz she's practically an entry in the Monster Manual. No, I'm saying it because she's superhumanly two-faced. Always preaching about doing the right thing, then she sells me out and blames me for poo poo I wasn't even doing when she thought it might help her abysmal popularity out a bit. She's not a dragon, she's a snake - she's basically our team's Ted Cruz.

Ah well, I've seen her for what she is. You can drat well bet I'm beefing up my Anti-Dragon arsenal...

Taking away VD's influence over Shodan.

EDIT

- Did you uphold the traditions of your legacy?
Yes
- Did you maintain the image of your legacy?
No
- Did you make the other members of your legacy proud?
No

Rauri fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 21, 2016

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

thejoshie posted:

It was obvious that I was not human enough to be relatable, as none of the girls wanted to talk to more or really needed me. In the end, I only was in the way for everyone else, and it was obvious in the end that they didn't need me in the slightest. All that pain and sacrifice was just to learn how to do things now, and try to keep out of the way of the people who actually wanted to do things with. There was only heroing and work, and that was the punishment for daring to pretend that I was anything more than an echo, or even a good person. It was pretty clear that was the only resolution.

Maybe after a while they will only see me as a machine, that gives out coffee or saves lives. In the end, it doesn't matter much I suppose, I still have to fight on to struggle to undo my wrongs, and try to prevent adding to them. Maybe it is better that the Mask is all they can see, so they won't mistake me for one of them or as someone who is alive. After I balance the scales, I can simply dissolve I guess, we all knew this story didn't have a happy ending right? Can't gently caress around with physics too long before it fucks you back. Either that or the Darkness will annihilate me, as an antimatter particle would matter.

Removing Influence on Sylphid (only influence I had to give away)

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

thejoshie posted:

The mission went rather terribly as far as teamwork was concerned. The first few attacks went well, and then Vermillion attacked the team, and when we encountered "Agent" Foster and he harassed Shodan and attacked Avatar, the team didn't respond appropriately to protect her/them in Jewels' opinion. Sylphid's leadership was remarkably poor, and Ms. Doring's response just pushed Jewels further away.

Sylphid loses influence.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

thejoshie posted:

1. Grow closer to the team. If your character feels closer to the team, choose a person that made you feel the most welcome. Explain how, give influence to that character and mark potential.

Strange for me to say it... but despite all that happened, I feel like we could become a great team, given time. We just need to learn to know each other better, and make compromises.

Of all the people, I think Shodan has confirmed that the most to me. Despite her coarse demeanor, it's pretty visible she's just doing it to keep up her own image of toughness. She's actually pretty nice beneath it!

... I'm not sure why I'm thinking of all this while currently being strangled to death, but whatever.

]Giving Shodan Influence again and marking potential. Shodan, you get to shift my Labels.

Also! I'm going to need answers from all of you for the following:

quote:

Your legacy comes with traditions you're expected to uphold. At the end of each session, ask the other players to answer these questions about your performance. For each “no” answer, take -1 forward on your next start of session roll.

For reference, here's the kind of insane and mostly awkwardly carried over from medieval times traditions of the Sylphid line:

quote:

1. Never use your gift of beauty for personal gain.
2. Do not indulge in beverages.
3. Do not gamble.
4. Always follow the law, unless the lawgiver or his enforcers abuse it for evil or break it themselves.
5. A sovereign’s request or order is law, unless they have been previously found guilty of evil or abusing the law.
6. Vanquish evil whenever you find it, search for it whenever you don’t.
7. Do not negotiate with evildoers.
8. Always be courteous of other people.
9. Protect the innocent with your life.
10. Watch your surroundings – be wary of damage to a lord’s property.
11. Listen to the wind half an hour, each day – it will tell you secrets if you only listen.
12. Alchemy is forbidden.
13. Do not speak of your pact, your true nature, or the spirits unless absolutely necessary.
14. Do not elope with a pact-bearer of another element.
15. Do not get involved in battles between nobles – only answer to the sovereign of your country.
16. Detain bandits, robbers, and other scoundrel on sight and hand them over to the nearest guard post.
17. Do not speak to the pact-bearers of fire.
18. Bring good winds to the seafarers whenever you are able.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 20, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I'd say
Yes
Maybe???
No

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yes.
Haha no, you can't even control your own team, what a bad legacy member clearly.
Nay, friend.

Everything I do gets questioned and fucks up. I try to save a villain from getting a brain injury, and everyone's mad at me. I try to help a teammate, and everyone's mad at me. I stand up for myself, and the one time that someone sides with me, I then don't realize they were feinting, and accuse them of something terrible.

So yeah. I think half the team hates me, and the other half thinks I'm just a charity case monster.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 21, 2016

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Yes
No
No

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Giving Shodan Influence again and marking potential.

Shodan, you get to shift my Labels.

Personality issues aside, she does have a suite of interesting and useful powers. That super-speed lab setup thing was neat. Hard to see her as anything other than the newest Sylphid or whatever - the painfully newest one. She's kinda dumb if I'm being honest. She's definitely not a normal kid, but that's probably one of the only things we have in common. That, and being strangled by Mary.

(-1 Superior, +1 Freak)

Rauri fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 24, 2016

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Bravura

It's been a rough time for the team, those first couple missions. Sylphid....kind of messed up, but what did Ms. Doring expect? It's not like she's got leadership experience.

Which means maybe I'll make mistakes next? No. No, I can do this, I know I can. I've got my own team and I've got the best roommate! Which....seems silly, I know. We're not super super close, but Gabi is become a good friend. She's really trusted me and knowing that she's Archangel's sidekick. Awesome.

+1 Influence to Sera, taking Potential

On Sylphid
She tried. I'd say that counts.
Not really.
Probably not.

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 23, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
So, out of the three End-Of-Issue choices:

2. Grow into your own image of yourself. Explain how you see yourself and why; Shift one label up, one down. Max is +3

Avatar (with a little push from Singularity) is starting to become more confident in herself at the cost of being less empathetic towards others. +1 Superior -1 Mundane

And her view on Sylphid:

No (Specifically the vanquishing evil and not negotiating with evildoers portions; even if it was the correct choice to make in the situation, it wasn't the right choice)
No (We made a mess of things!)
No

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hey, I think the influence sheet is botched again. I'm fairly sure Fission didn't lose influence over Sylphid.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hey, I think the influence sheet is botched again. I'm fairly sure Fission didn't lose influence over Sylphid.

I lost it due to the end of session thing since it was the only influence to lose

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

There's no option for losing your influence over someone else at the end of a session, though - that should be someone having lost influence over Fission.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Rauri posted:

There's no option for losing your influence over someone else at the end of a session, though - that should be someone having lost influence over Fission.

Oppssssssss

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Just so everyone knows, since I've said it in IRC a few times but that's not super easy to follow always -

Monday through Friday this week I am driving across country. This means all my posts will be done around 10pm PST at night, or later. That's like 1am EST! I will aim to make a post every day however, if I owe one.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Might as well make it official and admit I'm dropping out. Sorry about leaving people in the lurch but I'm just not enjoying the system/my character as much as I thought I would. Thanks for the fun so far though guys,

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Awwwh. Best roomie. You'll be missed!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hey TheJoshie - Bravura got a 6 on that roll. HOWEVER! Whenever the scene changes, the team moves back to 1 team in the pool, even if we haven't earned any more by having the leader have influence on us or anything like that.

Do we have that 1 team still? Can I spend it to let Bravura succeed?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
It's when time passes, we should have all the team from since we got back from the fight.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
Unless I read it wrong, the way it works is when the session 'ends'. Technically, it was reset at the end of the issue, but I allowed 2-3 float over since they were gained at the tail end.

Yes, Kitty, go ahead and use one, as long as you put it into narration how the failure turned to success.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

PlatonicSolid, I just wanna make sure you're cool with it if I do it, since it will lose you a point of potential. :)

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Hummm. I think it's more important to succeed at this point, will get potential later. And helps build Gwen's rep! :-)
So go for it. I honestly totally forgot about the Team.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Once again, I need answers to the following questions from everyone:

quote:

Your legacy comes with traditions you're expected to uphold. At the end of each session, ask the other players to answer these questions about your performance. For each “no” answer, take -1 forward on your next start of session roll.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Nown, for provoking PCs its
For PCs: on a 10+, both. On a 7-9, choose one.
•if they do it, add a Team to the pool
•if they don’t do it, they mark a condition

TheJoshie, I want to defend Bravura from that powerful blow, am I rolling against an NPC threat in this situation?

Posting here instead of irc because I'm gonna be asleep for awhile.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Guyyyyyyyys (and gals) come on.

I need those answers for my legacy roll.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Yes, No, Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Guyyyyyyyys (and gals) come on.

I need those answers for my legacy roll.

Yes, Yes, Yes

And goddammit I always forget there's different provokes for PCs and NPCs. I pick the 'if you don't do this mark a condition' option.

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 12, 2016

• Locked thread