Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Haruharuharuko posted:

Also this monstrosity

I loved this game, for some reason. It was a pretty creepy Myst clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

bloodychill posted:

007 starring Odo from DS9.

Odo can be any Bond he wants.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

codenameFANGIO posted:

Odo can be any Bond he wants.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

laserghost posted:

actually had to double-check if this was the real cover and not just some lazily made image for a torrent or something

Hmm yes Moonraker and Die Another Day, truly some of the most Legendary films in the Bond repertoire.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Moonraker is kind of iconic despite being bad since it's the nadir of crazy megalomaniac plots that they can't do anymore since Austin Powers made fun of them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Besides, I think they just want a picture of Jaws on the cover.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Well, there's also The Spy Who Loved Me if they were that desperate for Jaws.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Shadow Hog posted:

Well, there's also The Spy Who Loved Me if they were that desperate for Jaws.

Misread that as "desperate for Jews" and was about to say "No, that's For Your Eyes Only."

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
If you can't enjoy moonraker, I don't know what to tell you.

(also it's the apex, not the nadir of insane plots :ssh:)

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 17, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Doh

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Haruharuharuko posted:

Also this monstrosity

The terrible CG baby reminds me of Messiah

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is a couple of pages back but people were talking about The lawnmower Man and a couple of days ago I found this issue of EGM from 93 while rooting around some old crap.

Already on the fifth page the lovely games got a full page ad. It had two other ads as well. Even when I was a kid I knew what would probably come next.

Sure enough. The SNES version got an 88 and the Gameboy an 87. This despite the games being utterly utterly terrible.

Best of all was that the "PC-CD" version came out two weeks before the console and handheld versions. Despite this the magazine only gave it a preview.
I own a copy I bought used and I'm pretty sure why they in all honesty couldn't bullshit a good review for that fucker. It's Dragon's Lair only with pixelated shite CG. I only got it as a curiosa and was still pissed.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Lodin posted:

This is a couple of pages back but people were talking about The lawnmower Man and a couple of days ago I found this issue of EGM from 93 while rooting around some old crap.

Already on the fifth page the lovely games got a full page ad. It had two other ads as well. Even when I was a kid I knew what would probably come next.

Sure enough. The SNES version got an 88 and the Gameboy an 87. This despite the games being utterly utterly terrible.

Best of all was that the "PC-CD" version came out two weeks before the console and handheld versions. Despite this the magazine only gave it a preview.
I own a copy I bought used and I'm pretty sure why they in all honesty couldn't bullshit a good review for that fucker. It's Dragon's Lair only with pixelated shite CG. I only got it as a curiosa and was still pissed.

"First VR game on the Game Boy?" What, you mean the first game about virtual reality on the Game Boy? How's that even a plus?

Also lol at the incredibly lovely rail shooter being the 'fun' part.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fates End posted:

"First VR game on the Game Boy?" What, you mean the first game about virtual reality on the Game Boy? How's that even a plus?

Also lol at the incredibly lovely rail shooter being the 'fun' part.
VR was a ridiculous buzzword back then that the media was falling all over themselves to use as much as they could, I guess like "social media" today.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Here is a side note to the "Japanese versus American sensibilities" graphic design discussions throughout the thread.

Behold, "A Warrior Woman And Her Battle Bear," A Study In Two Cultures (though I think the box art I found before was fan-made and gone now :()

Yeah it looks like normally Guilty Gear games are of the "literally impossible to tell what the art is at first glance" style of game box design:

GUILTY GUERNICA CORE X5

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Dr. Quarex posted:

Behold, "A Warrior Woman And Her Battle Bear," A Study In Two Cultures (though I think the box art I found before was fan-made and gone now :()
Somebody doesn't know about Bridget.

Bridget is a cismale transvestite.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Mar 28, 2016

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Accordion Man posted:

Somebody doesn't know about Bridget.

Bridget is a cismale transvestite.
Nooooooooo my pooooooost

Though good for Bridget, still showing the Guild Wars lady how to be truly kawaii with your bear.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hitler, gently caress yeah!

I'm the guy down in the left corner who probably is Rommel.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I like how Stalin looks like he's growing out of Hitler's neck.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I took a look at the Master System version of Galaxy Force and now I am dead. Thank you, Galaxy Force.

(If this port can kill you, does this make the arcade version a weapon of mass destruction?)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's actually surprisingly decent for a Master System box

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Apparently the music is pretty all right.

• Locked thread