Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Obligatory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's not bad in the technical sense (it's actually pretty nice to look at!) but the cover for Splatterhouse 2 nosells the actual content of the game hard

That adorable octopus is particularly egregious

There are also purple enemies but they're nowhere near the Alien ripoffs the cover makes them out to be

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

McFarlane is a hack

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

VideoGames posted:

My coworkers knew how much this case creeped me out. So I would be doing things round the shop and it would pop up in random places.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

This is the port of the anime as gently caress arcade game right?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Hakkesshu posted:

True, I guess it was really just on the PC where there was any freedom. Though 360 cases do stand out to me as being particularly ugly.

They're just green DVD cases.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Bleusilences posted:

The 4th one is the best.

bloodychill posted:

2nd, 4th, and 6th are amazing but literally any of those would have been better than the poo poo we got.

4th one won and it's the reversible cover art :ssh:
http://www.e-diots.net/2013/03/bioshock-infinites-alternate-reversible-cover-is-beautiful/

bloodychill posted:

Green DVD cases are inherently tougher to work with from a design standpoint. "Your work will be displayed on a solid black case" is basically a blank canvas where as "Your work will be displayed on a radioactive ooze colored case" means you're starting with kind of a nasty handicap.
My point is that if you find it ugly you can just buy a stack of regular dvd cases for pennies and spend ten minutes switching them out.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Gee the Japanese artwork of the same game doesn't have that and actually does a decent job at depicting what the game is actually about.

I guess nothing has changed in 30+ years

I don't remember Link ever becoming giant and escaping the game via ocean.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

The Taint Reaper posted:

The scenery behind him is the actual part of the zelda map drawn in perspective.

Right but when does he slip the surly bonds of the game map and surf his way to freedom? Is that in the second quest?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Actually you can use the game genie to get out of the map entirely.

Does it also make you grow to incredible sizes? Is there an epilogue where we see the newly giant Link try to reintegrate into a society that he cannot possibly empathize with?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Nintendo, always taking the shortcuts :rolleyes:

It's not "bad" in the traditional sense but I always found it annoyingly lazy that RE: Survivor's cover was literally just two pieces of concept art layered on top of eachother

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Survivor literally reused enemy models from the first two games. RE1 came out in 1996, Survivor in 2000.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
SMT has ridiculously good art and I'm glad that Demi-Fiend is shoving him away.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Ubisoft did a lot of PC ports for other companies, like Devil May Cry 3, Resident Evil 4, and Onimusha 3.

Technically false for RE4, RE4's PC port was done by a Japanese company named Sourcenext and published by Ubisoft.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

kirbysuperstar posted:

All three of those games were part of that. Sourcenext also did a port of Phoenix Wright 1 (JP) in original GBA resolution, which works about as well as you'd expect.

I assumed but I wasn't sure.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Onimusha 3 has demons attacking France though?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

The screaming dude in the top left always cracks me up.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Rirse posted:

Always hated this box because whenever I see it from a distance I thought it might be a action rpg that I somehow miss and then see WWE and get sad.

Day of Reckoning is really good though.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The New Adventures*

*adventures not actually new

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Golden Goat posted:

Double checked my copy and no it is not.

They reprinted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Shoehead posted:

The game industry could well do with being a little more like 90's Poland.

I think my country's biggest contribution to video games is Emerald making Moonwalker.

To be fair Moonwalker is really good except for the part where they didn't use Thriller for the zombie level.

• Locked thread